What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

I can't help buying some TME LEAPS. At current price, it's priced at half of its 2021 operating income excluding investments/cash. They spent $643m in stock repurchase in the first 3 quarters in 2021. In theory, they can buyback all floating shares with cash on balance sheet. 

8 minutes ago, hillfronter83 said:

I can't help buying some TME LEAPS. At current price, it's priced at half of its 2021 operating income excluding investments/cash. They spent $643m in stock repurchase in the first 3 quarters in 2021. In theory, they can buyback all floating shares with cash on balance sheet. 

Hey, I'm curious how are you calculating 2021 operating income?  Last 9 months of 2021 Non-IFRS Net Profit for 9 months of 2021 was $537M USD.  See slide 26 at https://ir.tencentmusic.com/download/3Q21+TME+Investor+Presentation.pdf .

Their current market cap is $5.56B USD.

Edited by LearningMachine

31 minutes ago, LearningMachine said:

Hey, I'm curious how are you calculating 2021 operating income?  Last 9 months of 2021 Non-IFRS Net Profit for 9 months of 2021 was $537M USD.  See slide 26 at https://ir.tencentmusic.com/download/3Q21+TME+Investor+Presentation.pdf .

Their current market cap is $5.56B USD.

I'm using the same numbers. My calculation shows they have investments (SPOT, UMG, WMG) and cash worth about $2.96/share. So it's almost a net net stock for the biggest online music platform in China (>50% market share). But obviously there are macro risks I don't know how to value hence only a lottery ticket position for now.

Edited by hillfronter83