What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Paarslaars - nothing really.  I watch the Canadian marijuana stocks and actively trade a few of them.  I've been in and out of ACBFF 4 times in the past year or so.  I don't think of any of them as investable at this point.   

Thanks,

Lance

I see, I've been curious about the MJ industry for a while.

The industry will do well in the future for sure but it is hard to pick out the company that will end up the big winner.

On topic: opened an investment account for my new born, bought some BRK for her. Will add the same amount to BRK every year until she moves out.

I'm going to be so pissed if her account ends up beating mine though ^^

OrganiGram Holdings Inc (OGRMF)

Thanks

Lance

Looks like they have the cash from the last offering to finance the expansion plan for the new property (the $770K tenant helps.)

Low cost producer.

Partnership with TGS (management says these guys have big hookups in Colorado)

and the Trailer Park Boys!

Who is Woodpecker Capital SA? (25K shares?)

http://www.woodpeckercapital.com/woodpeckercapital.com/wpc/index_eng.php

Might not buy but looking at it will be fun (oh, and hook me up with some of the Orwell - Alien Dog)

Thread for 420 co's?

• 3 weeks later...

Started a small position in C today.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'm soo bored right now. The figures on my monitors right now tell me I'm good at investing - which I know I'm not.

The cash is burning in my left pocket - so instead of just moving it to the right pocket I bought some C and moved the residual to the right.

I - simply put - hate this bank, based on hindsight bias.

I looked at it the first time back in 2013 [just after I joined CoBF], and I just got so appalled about what I saw then. Enormous salaries and bonuses to the then management for basically running the bank into the ditch under [before?] the GFC. Then, I bought some BAC instead, that I still own.

In the spring of 2014, I looked at C again, ended up still holding my nose. I ended up buying some WFC shares instead, that I still own.

I get dizzy reading about the ongoing litigation against the bank, and it's still nagging me, if the loan book is actually cleaned up now, meaning: No more sceletons to come out of the closet.

For me, there will be no averaging down in this stock - perhaps I will even in the near future put a stop-loss on it, and just walk away from it, if it goes south, licking my wounds afterwards.

I'm just trying to learn something about my self here, and trying to get some kind of return on some cash that is actually pulling zero otherwise, based on a personal and subjective judgement of the facts right now with regard to the overall situation of the bank and its prospects going forward, posted by Viking in the investment forum in the C topic.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Thank you to Viking for sharing recent thoughts about C here on CoBF.

Bought my first Fairfax shares

Just bought my first Fairfax shares also.  Are we suppose to get a free t-shit or something? :D

lol! - It's good with some humor! At least you get a "Welcome to the Club!" from me, also for kab60! - I hope both of you do well with Fairfax!

[-Out of pure self interest also, that is ...].

Guest jeffswaldron

Finally started a personal portfolio outside the 401k.  SBLK at @ 8.32 a few weeks ago.  Pretty conservative industry with large moats if I say so myself.  :o

Finally started a personal portfolio outside the 401k.  SBLK at @ 8.32 a few weeks ago.  Pretty conservative industry with large moats if I say so myself.  :o

I'm kind of confused or did i misunderstand what you meant by the below statement in the SBLK thread?

Does anyone make money besides management in these damn companies? I'm an idiot and will gladly run the company into the ground if you gave me the chance -- especially while getting PAID.

Guest jeffswaldron

I'm kind of confused or did i misunderstand what you meant by the below statement in the SBLK thread?

Does anyone make money besides management in these damn companies? I'm an idiot and will gladly run the company into the ground if you gave me the chance -- especially while getting PAID.

To clarify I think the industry is very competitive and there is little moat if any -- I was being sarcastic.

Also I looked up when I purchased SBLK and it was May 24th.  Less than a month later I am complaining on a message board...  My underlying reason to buy never changed so I never sold.  I like having the message board records to hold myself accountable and observe the absurdity of my emotional spectrum.  It's a self experiment that may be short lived -- worst case I pay for a life lesson and just invest in Berkshire and find a new hobby.

To clarify I think the industry is very competitive and there is little moat if any -- I was being sarcastic.

Also I looked up when I purchased SBLK and it was May 24th.  Less than a month later I am complaining on a message board...  My underlying reason to buy never changed so I never sold.  I like having the message board records to hold myself accountable and observe the absurdity of my emotional spectrum.  It's a self experiment that may be short lived -- worst case I pay for a life lesson and just invest in Berkshire and find a new hobby.

jeffswaldron,

Please don't give up here. Giving up on investing will most likely be your biggest miss-out in your life. It is just soo fascinating, and it will change your line of thinking, thereby change your way of making decisions - changing you - and your life as such!

- - - o 0 o o - - -

- And welcome to CoBF!