What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Added to KMP (Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P.)

I was going to take another tranche of KMI @ $30 but it popped on me.

Added Kinder Morgan to my portfolio as well at $33. Finished selling Express Scripts, Chesapeake Preferreds CHKDG, and Auto Nation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sold Fiserv. I still like the company, is just ahead of itself. Bought Laurent Pierre and discovered Remy Cointreau when researching the former. I have a bit more work to do understanding the implications of Chinese regulation on the Remy's long term growth, but it looks interesting.

^^ Why Turkey ETF?

The Turkish market is down some 40+% due to all of the political turmoil and Fed tapering fears. It trades at about a P/E of 9 and a CAPE of 9-10 from what I could tell with the few articles I read. That was enough for me to buy into a diversified index. I don't have enough time to research the underlying country and companies to cherry pick here, but this kind of cheapness on a diversified index in a higher growth emerging market was attractive to me to begin a small position.

I've been moving my U.S. exposure to Europe and emerging markets over the last years and a half as European and Emerging markets are more favorably priced. This small amount of equity exposure to Turkey (about 1% of portfolio value) is in addition to about 2% exposure to Russia (through Gazprom), 6% exposure to Brazil (through BSBR), and my 20% in Europe (various investments). I also have some debt exposure to foreign economies through my fixed income CEF (DSL).