Fairfax India new issue

thrifty

BIAL.

Wondering if anyone knows whether they are collecting their promosed 16% return on aero fees and 100% of non aero fees as set out in their operating terms with the government?

My understanding is that the Aero fees are regulated at 16%, and assured by changes to the User Development Fees (UDF) charged to each passenger and set out in each control period.

Have not come across a clear update on this question.

Edited by ICUMD

MADRID, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Infrastructure giant Ferrovial (FERF.AS) has reached an agreement with two different buyers to sell its entire 25% stake in Britain's busiest airport, Heathrow, for 2.37 billion pounds ($3.01 billion) the company said in a statement on Tuesday.

Ferrovial (FERF.AS) said the buyers for the stake in FGP Topco - the parent company of Heathrow Airport Holdings Ltd - were private equity fund Ardian and Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF). Ardian would acquire a 15% stake and PIF a 10% stake.

This is a nice Comp for BIAL!!!!

1 hour ago, netcash1 said:

MADRID, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Infrastructure giant Ferrovial (FERF.AS) has reached an agreement with two different buyers to sell its entire 25% stake in Britain's busiest airport, Heathrow, for 2.37 billion pounds ($3.01 billion) the company said in a statement on Tuesday.

Ferrovial (FERF.AS) said the buyers for the stake in FGP Topco - the parent company of Heathrow Airport Holdings Ltd - were private equity fund Ardian and Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF). Ardian would acquire a 15% stake and PIF a 10% stake.

This is a nice Comp for BIAL!!!!

another article 

https://www.ft.com/content/227514cd-426f-4b1a-a9cd-5652f8c6abc0

Thanks @SafetyinNumbers.  That multiple is mighty impressive.  

“That is a near-30 per cent premium to Heathrow's regulated asset base. It is also about 13 times next year's ebitda, projected to fall given the cut in regulated landing fees. Listed competitors travel at around 10 times. Vinci, which bought 50.1 per cent of Gatwick in 2018, paid more, but that was for a pre-pandemic majority purchase. Ardian and PIF might end up stuck at 25 percent.”

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ICUMD said:

BIAL Record Profits - 63.3 M USD 2023 yr end.

Finally some outstanding news I've been eagerly waiting for. I guess Fairfax India does know how to run airports.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/bengaluru-airport-most-profitable-in-the-country-in-fy23-ahmedabad-incurs-highest-losses-11859721.html

Yes, but I believe only 49% of that is for Fairfax, so $31m, and that is for an asset that is on the books for $1,233.7 (Dec 2022). However, we expect it to get much more profitable as its volume scales with little additional capital invested and unregulated non-aero revenue and real estate development revenues grow. So this is a great start, and hopefully means it may not need too much more capital.

4 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

Yes, but I believe only 49% of that is for Fairfax, so $31m, and that is for an asset that is on the books for $1,233.7 (Dec 2022). However, we expect it to get much more profitable as its volume scales with little additional capital invested and unregulated non-aero revenue and real estate development revenues grow. So this is a great start, and hopefully means it may not need too much more capital.

I believe they have increased ownership to 54%.

Otherwise you are correct.  This is a great start.  I don't know what loans they may have taken on to fund T2 development, but the profitability allows for them to develop and refine and develop businesses within the existing physical structure.  

Also, will hopefully attract investors for a planned IPO under Anchorage,  marking to market this key asset.

18 hours ago, ICUMD said:

I believe they have increased ownership to 54%.

Otherwise you are correct.  This is a great start. 

I just took the 49% from the 2022 AR. Yes they own 54%, but I guess there are ptions or warrants outstanding that dillute this to 49%:

p. 6: 

Investment / Date of Initial Investment / Ownership / Amount Invested / Fair Value (Dec 2022) / Annualized Return

Bangalore International Airport (3) / March2017 / 54.0% / 653.0 / 1,233.7 / 12.2%

(3) Fairfax India’s effective interest in Bangalore International Airport is 49.0%(on a fully diluted basis).

So is this related to the sale of Riverstone? the run off subsidiary? Ffh had to sell or purchase shares at a fixed amount by year end 2023 iirc. 

By shares I mean stocks held as part of Riverstone investments portfolio.

Edited by giulio

2 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

I just took the 49% from the 2022 AR. Yes they own 54%, but I guess there are ptions or warrants outstanding that dillute this to 49%:

p. 6: 

Investment / Date of Initial Investment / Ownership / Amount Invested / Fair Value (Dec 2022) / Annualized Return

Bangalore International Airport (3) / March2017 / 54.0% / 653.0 / 1,233.7 / 12.2%

(3) Fairfax India’s effective interest in Bangalore International Airport is 49.0%(on a fully diluted basis).

This press release from this evening seems relevant -

https://www.fairfaxindia.ca/press-releases/fairfax-india-completes-acquisition-of-an-additional-7-interest-in-bangalore-international-airport-limited-2023-12-12/

Following completion of the second closing, Fairfax India’s aggregate share ownership in BIAL has increased to 64% (20.4% held by its wholly-owned subsidiary and 43.6% held by its indirect subsidiary, Anchorage Infrastructure Investments Holdings Limited) from 54% last year.

Edited by gfp

57 minutes ago, dartmonkey said:

Super! They're really going all in on this bet. The airport was already abut 40% of their assets, now it will be over half, if their valuation of the whole airport at $2.5b is correct. 

Didn't they just sell a slice of that airport to OMERS a couple of years ago?  And now they are buying another slice?

SJ

3 hours ago, giulio said:

So is this related to the sale of Riverstone? the run off subsidiary? Ffh had to sell or purchase shares at a fixed amount by year end 2023 iirc. 

By shares I mean stocks held as part of Riverstone investments portfolio.

That seems to be the case. I don’t think it impacts the ~43% ownership because these shares were included in the proxy. Does anyone disagree?

On a side note, it looks like the FIH AGM is the day before the FFH meeting at the Ritz. Anyone have an idea why?

IMG_4168.jpeg

8 hours ago, SafetyinNumbers said:

That seems to be the case. I don’t think it impacts the ~43% ownership because these shares were included in the proxy. Does anyone disagree?

You are correct, it should not change the ownership % but FFH still has to pay cash for those shares. 

From Q3 2023: At September 30, 2023 the fair value of the AVLNs was a derivative obligation of $21.5 (December 31, 2022 – derivative asset of $30.7), with a remaining guaranteed value of $352.3

Any draw backs or advantages to shareholders of Fairfax India in the performance fee being paid in cash rather than shares?  

I guess we avoid dilution at these ridiculously discounted share prices! 

Edited by ICUMD