What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Over the past few days I sold DIS and added to ALX and WFC.

Thanks

Lance

What pushed you to sell DIS?

Hi HM - I still like DIS in the long term, but prefer ALX and WFC for now.  I bought DIS between $85 and $80 and would likely start buying again under $90.

Also, added to WFC and started a new position in DOW.

Thanks

Lance

Thanks

Lance

Hi HM - I still like DIS in the long term, but prefer ALX and WFC for now.  I bought DIS between $85 and $80 and would likely start buying again under $90.

Thanks

Lance

Got it, that makes sense. WFC has been left for dead.

Thanks

Lance

Thanks

Lance

Got it, that makes sense. WFC has been left for dead.

Trump doing his best to put a bullet in the back of their head.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260206276216266754

Yeah a day after the St Louis Fed came out stating that they don’t want low interest rates. You can’t make it up.

He may need the negative interest rates to keep his cardboard box empire from collapsing.

It's quite possible negative rates may actually be what causes his cardboard box to collapse.

MFCB owns a royalty on an iron ore mine that has shut down in Canada. Tacora, the private company that owns the mine announced they had closed the funding on the 27th. This is a big deal, as it should be $20 MM+ in annual revenue at 100% gross margins for a company that has a market cap of ~$60MM after the move.

We talked a but about it in the ALS thread.

I couldn't resist, have a small position in SRL again...after feeling so good to be rid of Michael Smith last year too.

The 20F out yesterday shows $28 book value.

MFCB owns a royalty on an iron ore mine that has shut down in Canada. Tacora, the private company that owns the mine announced they had closed the funding on the 27th. This is a big deal, as it should be $20 MM+ in annual revenue at 100% gross margins for a company that has a market cap of ~$60MM after the move.

We talked a but about it in the ALS thread.

I couldn't resist, have a small position in SRL again...after feeling so good to be rid of Michael Smith last year too.

The 20F out yesterday shows $28 book value.

Why not have a larger position? I don't see the mine being affected by COVID-19 and iron prices have been relatively stable. I have a position too but it's relatively small compared to other position sizes, I think it's 2.5-5% of my port.

Yeah a day after the St Louis Fed came out stating that they don’t want low interest rates. You can’t make it up.

He may need the negative interest rates to keep his cardboard box empire from collapsing.

It's quite possible negative rates may actually be what causes his cardboard box to collapse.

Honestly.

Can you imagine what would happen if the RESERVE CURRENCY OF THE WORLD had negative rates?!?!?!

I think that'd be quite a bit different than the euro having negative rates, but you could still expect the destruction of the U.S. banking sector and their profits a la Europe.

Might be a time to jump into gold if you seriously expect that to happen as I imagine Central Banks all over the world would be moving some dollars into gold at that point in time.