What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

On 11/1/2023 at 2:23 PM, Spekulatius said:

I have done one small add in CNHI at $11.5 but not buying more although the price seems tempting. I am going to check the Q3 report first.

Ouch. Down another ~13% premarket. Earnings report does not look that bad to me though. I am going to add some shares here.

1 hour ago, sleepydragon said:

interesting.. will it be added to US indices when it's delisted from Milan?

It is possible. The rational is that they want to have all the liquidity in one exchange and the US seems better than Italy. The stock certainly looks cheap but that does not mean it can't get cheaper.

I am pretty sure that Exor has a strong say in how they allocate capital. My thinking is that they want to do something about their subscale and less profitable Case construction business - either sell or merge it with another player.

They spun out Iveco already which is also a somewhat subscale and much less profitable than the core AG business.

53 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

It is possible. The rational is that they want to have all the liquidity in one exchange and the US seems better than Italy. The stock certainly looks cheap but that does not mean it can't get cheaper.

I am pretty sure that Exor has a strong say in how they allocate capital. My thinking is that they want to do something about their subscale and less profitable Case construction business - either sell or merge it with another player.

They spun out Iveco already which is also a somewhat subscale and much less profitable than the core AG business.

I think they will be removed from MSCI Europe indices which to be announced on 11/14th. There will be some supply pressures. Then maybe after the delisting it will be added to US indices (SP400)

This week I topped off each member of my "Magnificent Seven." 

JOE

HQI (oops!)

FAIRFAX

CNSWF

LMGIF (Lumine)

XPEL

SCHW

CASH

Ok, so "Magnificent Eight." They are equal positions. If as a group, this pile of money doesn't double in 5 years, my confidence will be shattered because I'm in love with every one of these. (One will probably flame out, I have no idea which).