What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

4 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

That's an interesting one. The CEO / heir sleeping on the couch somewhere and reliving his fraternity years shouldn't really impact fair value all that much.

LOL yeah could be interesting to see how this shakes out with the news. I think TSN looks relatively cheap here. Sure, some supply chain issues still but they are chugging along. Trading at a discount to peers, but hoping it drops more with some unsavory news. Very very small starter position and something I'd like to hold long term in the Roth at a 1% position. 

More 170s and also just some lazy mans TSLQ. My only hedge at the moment so its really a lot more than just a "Tesla gone fail" bet. I still firmly believe that if growth cant work with 3-5% rates than Tesla is fucked. TWTR is just entertainment. All while I root for Musk to pull it all off. 

On 11/11/2022 at 9:43 AM, Castanza said:

LOL yeah could be interesting to see how this shakes out with the news. I think TSN looks relatively cheap here. Sure, some supply chain issues still but they are chugging along. Trading at a discount to peers, but hoping it drops more with some unsavory news. Very very small starter position and something I'd like to hold long term in the Roth at a 1% position. 

Bought a few shares of $TSN this AM.

Earnings seemed OK in the grand scheme of things.

16 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

Bought a few shares of $TSN this AM.

Earnings seemed OK in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, still some lingering supply chain issues and the chicken margins might come down but who cares in the long run. Revenue is still solid and overall margins look fine. They managed through a terrible few years and now are trading at a discount to peers. Yeah meat sales are down across the board but so is pretty much everything else in retail/consumer. 5-6x looks cheap enough to me to slowly build a position. Dividend looks safe sitting at a 15% payout ratio.