What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Busy day..:)

Added to XOM, RDS and Equinor.

New small positions in Ab Inbev and Bollore SA.

Trimmed a bit position in SPDR Gold Tr (20 MAR 2020)

and a bit of speculation with options /Leaps , FCA C 19 Jun 2020(€11) Wereldhave C 18 Dec 2020 (€15),  ABN Amro C Jun 2021(€16) and ING bank C Jun 2021 (€10).

Planning to add DDOG during this correction

It's kind of funny in these Fed liquidity-driven times for a couple of down days totaling about -4.5% return to be considered a correction.

I ll take whatever I get, I can see this being close to 80 in a few years. Maybe it goes to 30 first and then 80 it doesn’t matter. If the thesis is intact I will add.  it has enough addressable market size to grow 40% pa for some time,

Added 50% to MSGN, back up to about a 6% position. Small add to PCYO, BRK, MSB. Would guess we're close to a bottom. But what do I know.

I hope not, would like to buy more.

Added to V today. Might join u guys on this MSGN trade for funsies.

I liked some of the action in certain names during the last hour or two of trading. But generally speaking, much like last night, I dont like when the futures immediately rebound following the close. Usually you need all hope lost, and a good gap down to open that can then flush everyone out.

Funny side note. Apple still has like 20% downside. To get back to October's prices...

I am thinking we may only be in the early innings of this sell off so capital preservation is a focus. Patience...

I never know when, so I go in drips-and-drabs. In terms of cash-on-hand never more than 10% per week, which in the event of a "prolonged" downturn gives me at least 10-20 weeks to pick up shares; plus more as cash flows during those 10-20 weeks comes in (salary, dividends, etc.)

I liked some of the action in certain names during the last hour or two of trading. But generally speaking, much like last night, I dont like when the futures immediately rebound following the close. Usually you need all hope lost, and a good gap down to open that can then flush everyone out.

Funny side note. Apple still has like 20% downside. To get back to October's prices...

Agreed. Not sure this is over and not convinced we've caught down to the fundamentals that have continued to deteriorate month after month.

That being said, while I did reinvest my called call proceeds yesterday, the profits I've booked from my put positions sold over the last two days are remaining in cash and am looking to re-add put exposure if we get a subsequent bounce and VIX below 20.

Still keeping my overall portfolio allocation at roughly 50/50 and don't think I'll consider adding equity risk back into the portfolio until we're down significantly.