What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Added a little more BRK

Ditto. 1.3x book is not a bad price for Berk esp. as it's a partially "defensive" stock with the cash and traditional businesses, and also exposed to market upside thru Apple

Indeed, on a relative basis its a lot more exciting to me here at 228 than it was at 21x.xx prior to the market going apeshit. You've probably got some favorable news flow heading into the AGM as well.

I agree. I've increased my exposure recently and written and rolled some puts too. The 1.3 x Book Value is obviously an estimate until the results come out but I think these prices around $228-$229 are almost certainly going to come in pretty close, and Berkshire's portfolio is now above year end prices and has beaten the S&P since the end of September

MSGN a hair under 15 and DD at 52.7

Gregmal - thanks for MSGN idea - out at $17.05    Shrinking share count very compelling. Nice idea. Hope to get another shot.

Cheers. Good when people make money. Took some off around there yesterday as well. Its a boring company but should grind out some value, especially if ones trades it. $14-$15 is just too cheap.

Added a little more BRK

Ditto. 1.3x book is not a bad price for Berk esp. as it's a partially "defensive" stock with the cash and traditional businesses, and also exposed to market upside thru Apple

Indeed, on a relative basis its a lot more exciting to me here at 228 than it was at 21x.xx prior to the market going apeshit.

I've held cash to buy the P/B dips myself, but would have done better buying as soon as I could.

21X.XX < 228

Bought more Linamar, new position in AMA Group.

AMA Group looks interesting. Auto repair rollup in Australia with maybe a long growth runway?

https://amagroupltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/FY19-Results-Presentation.pdf

I always enjoy learning about your ideas. Linamars results are very weak in their acquired industrial business, but their balance sheet is improving. It is interesting to learn about their efforts on electric vehicles in their latest investor presentations.

*corrected for spelling

added to DFS, ALLY, BRK.B this week

On Berkshire: I feel they should be buying back shares instead of trying to operate Buffet's elephant gun for 50 billion dollar acquisitions. Buffett & Munger have always emphasized looking for 1 foot high hurdles to step over instead of doing the more difficult thing. At their size, buybacks seem like the 1 foot hurdle. I think they will eventually come around to that.