What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

FB. Thesis is simple , Cash machine having what seems to be a temporary problem. If engagement reduces i might think otherwise, but this price is pretty good for a great efficient company

Same here, I added to my small Fb position. I also bought CMCSA - relatively cheap asset at 8x EBITDA and good operators.

Bought just a few more BRK.B at about $195.97 (£137.77 GBP) with added cash, which thanks to exchange rates were a slightly cheaper in GBP than my 10x larger February 9th purchase at $192.69 (£139.55 GBP).

Nonetheless I'm very happy with the Feb 9th trade as I funded 72% of that BRK.B buy by selling my entire stake in WFC at $55.70 (£40.26 GBP) and still got its dividend, and WFC is down about 6% since, while BRK is up 2% in USD, so I wouldn't have done as well by waiting until today to switch horses on that portion.

Aside from modest pension schemes in Index Funds that make up about 20% of our holdings, the discretionary portfolio is still very concentrated:

Discretionary Portfolio Weightings: 0.1% GBP cash, 70.5% BRK.B, 26.1% AAPL, 2.1% wife's employer ShareSave Option scheme, 1.2% made up of HPQ and HPE remnants.

I feel very safe with the BRK.B concentration and would happily increase it to 100% as it's very diversified internally. Feel that AAPL isn't overvalued and is high quality compounder but poses larger single-company risk. May dispose of the HPQ and HPE remnants that aren't held in our main trading accounts to have easier control.

Liberty, I appreciate your expertise in this area because i know nothing.  $chtr seems to move with the 10year - is that because of the debt levels or because it's perceived as a utility with a div getting less attractive?  Won't higher rates be  a constant headwind as rates move even higher. Wondering why its such a compelling buy right now. I noticed lou simpson just went in big too.  Thank you.

Liberty, I appreciate your expertise in this area because i know nothing.  $chtr seems to move with the 10year - is that because of the debt levels or because it's perceived as a utility with a div getting less attractive?  Won't higher rates be  a constant headwind as rates move even higher. Wondering why its such a compelling buy right now. I noticed lou simpson just went in big too.  Thank you.

I think it is just higher discount rate. Pretty much everything with a yield or utility like attributes has sold of, including utilities, cable stocks, MLPs, Pipeline companies or other high yielding dividend stocks.

There's been some M&A speculation premium in the past year that seems to have been unwinding in phases too. I don't think Rutledge wants to sell, and I don't think Malone is going to get a check big enough (and not a bunch of stock that he doesn't want to own), so this has depressed the stock.

They've also been in an investment cycle that is temporarily depressing FCF. The market is short-term enough that this probably puts pressure on the stock too, but all these investments will pay off big over time (transition to all digital will free up lots of bandwidth, improve the product, the MVNO should help reduce churn, the new "insourced" support infrastructure should help take transactions out and improve margins, etc).

Also, the whole sector has been moving together (CMCSA), so there's definitely some non-co specific forces at play (interest rates do matter, but they're still very low).

Reduced Liberty Global by a third

Increased JD.com, General Motors and Liberty SiriusXM a bit each

Really wanted to add to Liberty GCI and Tessenderlo as well but already had big positions

21.9 JD

20.5 *secret*

14.1 GLIBA

11.3 LBTYK

9.0 TESB

7.1 GM

6.1 LILA

5.2 LSXMA

4.4 PEY

Rewrote puts that are expiring today, GILD at 70 and AMGN at 170.

Again

I wrote March 16, 165-strike puts on AMGN for $2.05 per share.

I have been continually writing puts with strike prices of $165-175 on AMGN since March 2017.

Again on Thursday I wrote April 6 expiration, 170-strike puts.