What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Atlantic power (NYSE: AT; TSX: ATP).  Both common and Preferred Series 1.

Very new to this one so bear with me. Why the preferred series 1, reading the board people seem to prefer series 3.

The discount to par is higher for the Series 1.  Understood that Series 1 would be harmed by an interest rate increase while Series 2/3 would benefit, but I think such risk is somewhat priced-in based on the relative prices among the three series.  If I were management and decided to buy back some preferred, my first target would be Series 1, again due to its higher yield and discount to par.

Finally, I already have several floating rate prefs in my portfolio so this would be a natural hedge.

I will try to post some notes on the AT thread later.

dividend seems nice

Any idea about its PE ratio? couldn't find it

Moved money to ENZL (new zealand index fund).  4.5% dividend, well off it's 52 week highs, stable country with relatively low debt, there is a lot to like here.  Just a place to park money until I find some better opportunities state side.

dividend seems nice

Any idea about its PE ratio? couldn't find it

Moved money to ENZL (new zealand index fund).  4.5% dividend, well off it's 52 week highs, stable country with relatively low debt, there is a lot to like here.  Just a place to park money until I find some better opportunities state side.

It is listed as about 14.5.  The shiller PE10 for New Zealand exchange is about 20, that isn't the same group of companies as ENZL but should be comparable.  So not crazy cheap but not too expensive.  The thing I like is how diversified across industries the ETF is.  There is definitely still risk here, especially with currency but US markets are just so expensive I would rather park money elsewhere.

https://www.ishares.com/us/products/239672/

Final 4 tickets!

Good Luck! It would be nice to have a school that hasn't won the National Championship win this year.

Many thanks. A very surreal experience. They haven't been in the tourney since before I was an undergrad, and now in the final 4! I was at the game yesterday at MSG. Was like going to a Florida/SC football game.

Final 4 tickets!

Put in my request through the GCC!

$345 isn't bad for 3 games. I'm wondering what our allotment will be given the stadium holds 70k? Stubhub tickets have dropped over $100 since this AM. Get you in the door price for all three games is $413 as of now. Already have the hotel booked and looking to fly out Thursday night.

I have a buddy who is a Villanova guy and he said tickets were not a hard get last year (and they had UNC and UK in the final four so it wasn't like it was small fanbases who don't travel).  Primesport is a good site to check too, I think its the official NCAA marketplace and the fees might be lower.

I have a buddy who is a Villanova guy and he said tickets were not a hard get last year (and they had UNC and UK in the final four so it wasn't like it was small fanbases who don't travel).  Primesport is a good site to check too, I think its the official NCAA marketplace and the fees might be lower.

thanks for the tips. Did you make the cut?

thanks for the tips. Did you make the cut?

Yeah I actually did get an allocation (just 2) but I'm trying to cancel because I actually got tickets through another channel too.  This happened to me at the SEC championship cam-fest a few years back as well, but I got out of one set of tickets.  Airfares are kind of ridiculous from Raleigh.  I can fly to Europe for only slightly more...too many tarheels and gamecocks around, I suppose.

Added yesterday to :

SCHO.CPH [schouw & Co. A/S]

JDAN.CPH [Jeudan A/S]

TOP.CPH [Topdanmark A/S]

INVE A.STO [investor AB]

LUND B.STO [L. E. Lundbergföretagen AB]

INDU C.STO [industrivärden AB]

All long term positions.

Home country bias?

Added yesterday to :

SCHO.CPH [schouw & Co. A/S]

JDAN.CPH [Jeudan A/S]