Iran - Israel - Gaza Conflict

Luca

20 minutes ago, Dinar said:

I am probably mistaken, however if all Iran does is fire dozens of missiles and drones, then that's the least that one could have expected.

Sorta feel the same, and I read on Twitter it’s drones that fly about 200 mph which will be easily intercepted if true.

• Parsad changed the title to Iran - Israel - Gaza Conflict
20 minutes ago, Dinar said:

Israel did not attack an embassy, it attacked a building used by IRGC.  Calling a military base a hospital does not make it so.  Calling an IRGC base a consulate does not make it one.  The war between Israel and Iran has been going on since 1982, if not earlier, when Iran started backing Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations.  In 1992, Iran and Hezbollah bombed Israel's embassy in Buenos Aires.  So Iran is not the aggrieved party here.  

Hmm, so Gaza was under Egyptian control until 1967, so Israel was committing genocide in Gaza since 1948?  Israel left Gaza in 2005, was it committing genocide in Gaza in 2005, 2006, etc...?  You have not explained how Israel is committing genocide now.  If Israel was committing genocide, it would close all the aid points into Gaza.  By the way, where was Gaza getting most of its drinking water in 2022 from?  Actually Israel, actions of a country committing genocide?  

I am not even going to dignify a response, if you want to keep a blind view and support Genocide all the power to you.      

3 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Sorta feel the same, and I read on Twitter it’s drones that fly about 200 mph which will be easily intercepted if true.

I am certainly not an expert in any of this but I have heard the idea is to have over 100 different things (drones, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles) arriving around the same time at vastly different speeds, altitudes and directions - hoping to confuse the various air defense systems.  With so much preparation I assume close to all of them will be shot down but odds are a couple will get through. 

Oh Jesus, here we go again. Another thread for people to discuss their non-markets points of view and show us how much they know 

Do I really need to jump in here ? lol 

I am about f@&ing tired to hear about Israeli and Palestinean and how their “TrUth” is more superior. 

To think of it, maybe they deserve each other. They both only offer hate, only care about themselves and suck an outsize amount of oxygen, and they think that exactly “they” and no one else is special. 

I want I hear about the Yzidies, the Armenian and Kurds. They don’t even have sugar daddies. 

Just now, Xerxes said:

Oh Jesus, here we go again. Another thread for people to discuss their non-markets points of view and show us how much they know 

I am about f@&ing tired to hear about Israeli and Palestinean and how their “TrUth” is more superior. 

To think of it, maybe they deserve each other. They both only offer hate, only care about themselves and suck an outsize amount of oxygen, and they think that exactly “they” and no one else is special. 

I want I hear about the Yzidies, the Armenian and Kurds. They don’t even have sugar daddies. 

Yeah...putting the differences in views aside...what do you guys think is going to happen? One retaliatory strike thats it? 

41 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea I remember people selling their stocks in February 2022 and telling us how big a deal Russia/Ukraine was was well. This was widely expected Friday during trading so again is probably just the drama queens and noise boys gambling on….idk what.

I do remember it, too, althougn while didenn't sell anything because of that. I disagree with you about if this was a big deal a not. To  me, it was, still is, an continue to be.

That said, thats about what to to get out of @Lucas sensationalism / meain stream news media posting style in this topic, by now.

40 minutes ago, ourkid8 said:

Israel attacked a sovereign country's embassy which is an act of war, can you at least admit that much?  Second, if you need to even ask what genocide/theft Israel has commited, I have nothing more to say as this is blind ignorance.  Iran has not officially released any statement as such besides organizations that may or may not be affiliated with the government.   Let's do a simple exercise, please perform back of the envelope math on what the population would be if Israel did not commit genocide since 1948.  let's look at how many lives were lost.  Its shocking when you do this exercise. 

Hamas is using civilian and government sites as strategic locations to hide and organize.  This is not a fair war being fought in the open...but they are using civilians as human shields.  How do you deal with a terrorist group/foe that is hiding underneath hospitals and temples?

I'm for all the humanitarian aid that can be provided to civilians but at the same time you are dealing with a group ransacking the aid and selling it to fund their terrorist activities.  

This is not a conventional war.  Either you suffer the consequences of civilian casualties to remove Hamas or you give in to them and allow them to organize another terrorist attack on Israeli civilians and continue repressing their own people.

I'm not sure why those attacking Israel cannot understand that Hamas is not your friendly neighbourhood rebel!  They should be compared to Rwandan death squads that recruit children and rape women, or Al Qaida after the 9/11 attack.  

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

Yeah...putting the differences in views aside...what do you guys think is going to happen? One retaliatory strike thats it? 

No clue

Iran is not a saint but nor is baby-Netanyahu and his democratically elected racist government. 

Netanyahu is right about one thing, he knows he has the American by their balls. 

1 minute ago, Spekulatius said:

The problem is that neither Hamas nor Israel or Iran has a winning strategy. It‘s tit for tat and this for that and as it spirals out of control everyone loses more and more. Sad.   

Well said

5 minutes ago, Parsad said:

How do you deal with a terrorist group/foe that is hiding underneath hospitals and temples?

very simple. 

you go to West Bank to shoot kids and give medal to the brave IDF soldiers. Straight from the mouth of the Israeli minister

how much of this conflict are you actually following Sanjeev 

1 hour ago, Luca said:

Market afraid of more war and general increase in geopolitical turmoil? Assets going down? 

The currency used by Iran to fund all their nonsense. Doors opened up to get rid of them.

16 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

Lol +5

1 minute ago, Xerxes said:

very simple. 

you go to West Bank to shoot kids and give medal to the brave IDF soldiers. Straight from the mouth of the Israeli minister

how much of this conflict are you actually following Sanjeev 

You guys are putting out instances of irrational violence...just like all cops aren't choking out black people...this is not the entirety of what happens!

How much are you paying attention to?!!

I don't agree with everything Netanyahu is doing...but at the same time, Israeli's have the right to go after those that attack their citizens on home soil. 

Nobody was saying anything about the same thing when 9/11 happened.  I was one of the few people saying that they should never have gone into Iraq because there was no proof of weapons of mass destruction, but Al Qaida was doing the same thing as Hamas.  Thus, the U.S. had to go into Afghanistan and tear it apart to destroy Al Qaida. 

80 years now that Israel is constantly attacked based on decisions not made by them but the United Nations Council!  Can you imagine if Canada or the U.S. was constantly under attack?  

Cheers!

31 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

You are right, also Assyrians for that matter.  Agree regarding Netanyahu and Ben Gvir.  

Edited by Dinar

1 minute ago, Parsad said:

You guys are putting out instances of irrational violence...just like all cops aren't choking out black people...this is not the entirety of what happens!

How much are you paying attention to?!!

I don't agree with everything Netanyahu is doing...but at the same time, Israeli's have the right to go after those that attack their citizens on home soil. 

Nobody was saying anything about the same thing when 9/11 happened.  I was one of the few people saying that they should never have gone into Iraq because there was no proof of weapons of mass destruction, but Al Qaida was doing the same thing as Hamas.  Thus, the U.S. had to go into Afghanistan and tear it apart to destroy Al Qaida. 

80 years now that Israel is constantly attacked based on decisions not made by them but the United Nations Council!  Can you imagine if Canada or the U.S. was constantly under attack?  

Cheers!

Israel has the right to defend itself and its people. Period. 

But this is more about “baby-Netanyahu has the right to keep his job”. Netanyahu knew exactly what was going to happen. 

Anyways. Screw him. Never like racist people. To me he is an asshole no different like the Ayatollah in Tehran. 

F&$k them both. 

PS: please, all countries in Middle East struggle over the last 80 years.