Iran - Israel - Gaza Conflict

Luca

8 hours ago, Gamecock-YT said:

Must be a slow news day, got to love the 24 hour news cycle. If you want to read up on something that matters that isn’t getting any publicity anywhere look up the recent developments in Myanmar. More productive use of your time than caring about college kids protesting. 

Where are most people relying on for news, I feel like i'm in some over bias shelter where all my news seems like shitty AI driven or overly political stuff. If a guy just wanted facts on a situation where would he look.

7 minutes ago, Jaygo said:

Where are most people relying on for news, I feel like i'm in some over bias shelter where all my news seems like shitty AI driven or overly political stuff. If a guy just wanted facts on a situation where would he look.

I personally get my non-obvious non-North American news from The Economist. Unlike Businessweek which is very North American centric in terms of coverage, The Economist is very global. Think WSJ vs FT. 

It is always a week late, but not that I need to act on it. 

46 minutes ago, Jaygo said:

Tough to beat Reuters for what you described. 

On 4/22/2024 at 1:52 PM, Eldad said:

Columbia cancels classes due to anti-Israel protests. 

If the protests were anti-Israel, it wouldn't have been anything new. The reason they protested is because apparently, according to these students & teachers, Columbia owns stakes in weapon manufacturers and are indirectly funding genocide. Still seems like a somewhat valid argument, here's where things get funny, no, Columbia doesn't own any stake in any weapon maker, what they own is a $277k worth of a BlackRock corporate bond ETF. This is laugh worthy, who would imagine a school as big as Columbia, which is also known for it's 'prestigious' business school would not see the stupidity here? All the teachers & the student's parents own it too if they are invested in any broader market ETF.

Edited by whatstheofficerproblem

On 4/14/2024 at 1:30 PM, cubsfan said:

You will not see peace until Hamas is 100% destroyed.

Naive statement cubs. I think most people in the broader west have never seen or experienced j!h4d first hand and think of terrorist organizations as a 'building', which could be bought down and replaced. This is a huge misconception.

There is a demon called Raktabīja in Indian folk lore, the specialty of these guys is that if you wound him, from every drop of his blood, a new Raktabīja will come out.

Hamas, & most terrorist outfits as a matter of fact are much the same. You can never completely destroy them as much as that would be nice. Once the old leader is killed a new one will take the mantel, such is the unfortunate reality, the seed was long sowed, only takes a little rain. 

^^^ Well, that is just your opinion of course.

Your's is an equally naive view of history. You decapitate the leadership and attempt to win the hearts and minds of the fools that put them in power. Unfortunately, you must obliterate the leaders, and humiliate the populace - so they have little choice.

Witness NAZI Germany, Fascist Italy, and the militaristic Imperial Empire of Japan.

All leadership was decapitated. The population was humiliated. Then they realized the enormous mistake they had made with these leaders. Only then could those countries be remade into neighbors that others could live with. This victory requires unconditional surrender.

IF Hamas is not obliterated - then this war will go on forever.  Israel is not going to let that happen this time around.

Edited by cubsfan

On 4/22/2024 at 11:41 PM, Gamecock-YT said:

Must be a slow news day, got to love the 24 hour news cycle. If you want to read up on something that matters that isn’t getting any publicity anywhere look up the recent developments in Myanmar. More productive use of your time than caring about college kids protesting. 

Now they have taken over the Deans office. Must be another slow news day. Hahaha