Cryptocurrencies

rkbabang

Have you seen KASH on Venture.

KASH is $3.75 bid pre opening.

I believe they’ve raised $1.2m at 0.15, the rest of the 41 million shares at .05. Now they raised money at $2.10 per unit.

Insane!

Hashchain arranges $26-million bought deal offering

2017-12-19 16:35 ET - News Release

Mr. Patrick Gray reports

HASHCHAIN TECHNOLOGY ANNOUNCES $26 MILLION BOUGHT DEAL PRIVATE PLACEMENT OF UNITS

Hashchain Technology Inc. has entered into a letter of engagement with Eight Capital as co-lead underwriter and sole bookrunner on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters, under which the underwriters have agreed to purchase approximately 12,381,000 units of the company, on a bought deal private placement basis, subject to all required regulatory approvals, at a price per unit of $2.10, for total gross proceeds of approximately $26-million. Each Unit shall consist of one common share of the Company (a "Share") and one common share purchase warrant (a "Warrant"). Each Warrant shall entitle the holder thereof to acquire one Share at a price of $2.45 for a period of 24 months following the Closing Date.

In the event that, after the date that is four months and one day following the closing of the Offering, the closing sale price of the Company's shares on the TSX Venture Exchange is greater than $4.00 per share for a period of 10 consecutive trading days at any time after the closing of the Offering, the Company may accelerate the expiry date of the Warrants by giving notice to the holders thereof and in such case the Warrants will expire on the 30th day after the date on which such notice is given by the Company.

The Company has granted the Underwriters an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the Units of the Offering at the Offering Price, exercisable in whole or in part, at any time on or prior to 48 hours prior to the closing of the Offering. If this option is exercised in full, an additional approximately $3,900,000 will be raised pursuant to the Offering and the aggregate proceeds of the Offering will be approximately $29,900,000.

The Company intends to use the net proceeds of the Offering for further mining rig purchases, working capital and for general corporate purposes.

The closing date of the Offering is scheduled to be on or about January 4, 2018 and is subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, the receipt of all necessary approvals, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange and the applicable securities regulatory authorities.

About Hashchain Technology Inc.

Hashchain is the first publicly-traded (TSX VENTURE) cryptocurrency mining company to file a final prospectus in Canada, supporting highly scalable and flexible operations across all major cryptocurrencies. Hashchain taps low-cost Canadian power, cool climate and high-speed Internet: the trifecta most critical to mining success, to create a competitive position for maximizing the number of mining 'wins.' Hashchain is based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

We seek Safe Harbor.

© 2017 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.

POW scales very well because the difficulty adapts to the perceived value in the system. This is exactly the intention.

Funny how people always want to fix things that aren't broken ...

The neverending quest for a free lunch continues.  TANSTAAFL!

for those reading, here is a counter argument which argues against POW and for Proof of Stake:

https://medium.com/@VitalikButerin/a-proof-of-stake-design-philosophy-506585978d51

I'm in the PoW unsustainable camp. PoS gives advantages to bigger players, but don't see that it's worse than for PoW. 

Cardano has less legacy than Ethereum on the route to proof of stake and the tradeoffs in their design vision make a lot of sense to me. Paying $13B for something that small is repulsive but I took a miniscule bet for learning and hopefully increase at a lower price. 

Bitcoin development effort look too dominated by economic incentives having priority over transaction utility to continue holding at this stage. I sold all between 12-18 k. Might regret it when the 400 k predictions come true :)

Still have Ethereum. They seem pragmatic enough to keep the innovation speed going. When projects are started on Cardano or similar instead of Ethereum I plan to use it as a cue to sell.

By the way rkabang, nice call on XVG. I hadn't ventured into altcoins when I read your post a couple of weeks back. Quickest 10X for me so far I think!

Guest cherzeca

IF crypto bubble blows up, what would be the best way to make money out of it?

Are there any legit blockchain companies that when blowing up with everything else, will become a good investment? something like Amazon in 2001?

keep your eye on ostk.  its sub medici just raised >$100MM to roll out a blockchain securities lending platform that could disrupt prime brokerage's gravy train.  if this platform is successful (not aware of any blockchain platform that can handle big volumes. but ostk said that they have solved it), then this will be surviving any bitcoin collapse

I hope Warren Buffet changes the name of his company to "Berkshire Blockchain", in seconds it will be the most valuable company in the world leaving Apple in the dust.  Unless of course Apple changes its name to Apple Blockchain.

I hope Warren Buffet changes the name of his company to "Berkshire Blockchain", in seconds it will be the most valuable company in the world leaving Apple in the dust.  Unless of course Apple changes its name to Apple Blockchain.

Its pretty amazing actually. Even stranger IMO is XIN, highlighted a couple days ago by a fairly well respected author on SA, with real assets, profitability, a dividend, and supposedly blockchain technology partnerships with 58.com and IBM... barely budging 10%. Went long yesterday for a swing trade but it seems like people only want crappy, worthless companies to invest in.

Its pretty amazing actually. Even stranger IMO is XIN, highlighted a couple days ago by a fairly well respected author on SA, with real assets, profitability, a dividend, and supposedly blockchain technology partnerships with 58.com and IBM... barely budging 10%. Went long yesterday for a swing trade but it seems like people only want crappy, worthless companies to invest in.

Assets, profits, earnings, dividends, blah, blah, blah, but the word "Blockchain" isn't in its name.

Guest cherzeca

@gregmal

that is a good heuristic for this area.  if it is about coins/tokens for a vaporware platform/product/service, avoid.  if there seems to be an intriguing blockchain based platform addressing a business need, then maybe there is an investment opportunity...or maybe wait until the coin craziness subsidies and drops the tide for all

This is just LOL: https://status.coinbase.com/

Monitoring - Due to today's high traffic, buys and sells may be temporarily offline. We're working on restoring full availability as soon as possible.

Dec 22, 08:35 PST

Buys/Sells temporarily disabled

Investigating - All buys and sells have been temporarily disabled. We are working on a fix and apologize for any inconvenience.

Dec 22, 08:11 PST

Wire Processing Delays

Update - Wire deposits and withdrawals may be delayed by up to 5 business days. Rejected & reversed wires will now be processed within 48 business hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Just shut up and don't take my money?  ::)

This is just LOL: https://status.coinbase.com/

Monitoring - Due to today's high traffic, buys and sells may be temporarily offline. We're working on restoring full availability as soon as possible.

Dec 22, 08:35 PST

Buys/Sells temporarily disabled

Investigating - All buys and sells have been temporarily disabled. We are working on a fix and apologize for any inconvenience.

Dec 22, 08:11 PST

Wire Processing Delays

Update - Wire deposits and withdrawals may be delayed by up to 5 business days. Rejected & reversed wires will now be processed within 48 business hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Just shut up and don't take my money?  ::)

My check is in the mail  8)

In the early years of any new technology you always have such visionaries who can see where the tech is, but not where it’s going. There is never a shortage of unimaginative people who aren’t afraid to share their lack of vision publicly so that the rest of us can read it years later and chuckle.

http://www.newsweek.com/clifford-stoll-why-web-wont-be-nirvana-185306

"after years of tireless effort and billions of dollars invested, nobody has actually come up with a use for the blockchain—besides currency speculation and illegal transactions."

This article is contradictory.  The use case, as they point out is, illegal transactions if nothing else.  Done.  The fact that the transactions are illegal is irrelevant to it's utility, this isn't about ethics.  You can also add to that safeguarding assets for individuals who live in countries where confiscation is a threat.

Here is a legal use case.

The United Nations World Food Programme uses the Ethereum Blockchain to transfer vouchers based on cryptocurrencies to refugees in Syria. The platform was able to transfer cryptocurrency vouchers to a total of 10,000 people. It was done through another platform that was created by Parity Technologies.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-blockchain-used-by-united-nations-for-sending-aid-to-syria

Ha, Krugman gets something right for once. 

"BitCoin looks like it was designed as a weapon intended to damage central banking and money issuing banks, with a Libertarian political agenda in mind—to damage states ability to collect tax and monitor their citizens financial transactions.”

But of course Bitcoin isn’t evil, Krugman is.

Bitcoin Is Evil

I for one am thankful for the discussions regarding bitcoin and block chain. I am not buying into the bitcoin bull market, but there is certainly an investment opportunity here. It seems to me that block chain based protocols have a place where counter party or third party trust cannot be obtained or is not desired. I think the underground economy is one, but I could also see an institution like the United Nations using it to transfer funds, Why shouldn’t they create their own block chain based currency currency to facilitize funds movements acros nations borders without interference from anyone? Gaming is another advantage where it could be used to exchange goods between gamers. I am sure there are many others.