Leaving New York City

Cardboard

9 hours ago, dwy000 said:

Quite the opposite!  I firmly believe in live and let live.  Which is why I have no problem with gay or trans people.  I have big issues with sexualizing kids or forcing beliefs (sexual, religious, political etc) on someone else.  And that's regardless of which side it comes from.  

Which is again why I'm confused at the Bud Light kerfuffle.  That person just posted a promo can on their social media.  It harms nobody but Kid Rock (who's music I actually like!) decides that requires taking a rifle to Bud Light?????  And now a boycott?  Why?  What happened to live and let live?

Except that Kid seemed to enjoy a Bud Light next to a drag queen in the past.

Kid Rock, Coors, Bud Light, and a Drag Queen all in one picture. :  r/facepalm

Maybe he's posturing about his extreme conservatism now because he has a huge base.  Cheers!

7 hours ago, cubsfan said:

This transgender epidemic is way beyond those. This is at the core of what is true and not true. Blacks are not inferior. Gays are not perverts. Sex and gender are not “fluid” and we should NOT be teaching and lying to anyone about that. It’s not the silver bullet to a young adolescent that is confused. It’s the parents job to guide them through an identity crisis . 

Just to be clear..."sex" and "gender" are not fluid...I agree. 

"Sexuality" is fluid. 

"Transgenderism" does exist...whether by nature or mental health issues...but it certainly exists. 

Cheers!

7 hours ago, dwy000 said:

I overlap the issues (maybe wrongly) because I'm old enuf to remember the exact same arguments about gay people 20-30 years ago.  It was a choice.

They were groomed into it.  It's scientifically wrong.  They just want attention.  Etc. Etc.  

The gender reassignment clinics probably is just reacting to the increased demand.  And a lot of that comes from increased acceptance.  Plastic surgery, tattoo parlors and weed shops have exploded over the past 30 years too. 

Agree with this, but at the same time, the hardcore activists probably do take it too far. 

No different than political activists, abortion/pro-life activists, you name it.  There are extremists on both sides of every argument. 

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Can we put this transgender nonsense to rest? It has nothing to do with NYC whether you live or stay @Parsad

Are you sure about that...we're talkin' New York!  🙂

I think we're coming to the end Spek...there seems to be some common ground appearing here...who woulda thunk it! 

Cheers!

6 hours ago, rkbabang said:

+1

It's a hot button issue that will not be resolved here.  The right gets as worked up over transgenderism as the left does about guns.  Right now both sides are reading that statement and thinking "You can't even compare the two! The issue that bothers me is much more important to society than the other one is!"   LOL

Did you just mention guns!  Fuck, here we go again!  🙂

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Castanza said:

Yet you spent days debating theology, morality, and the existence of God on the other thread 😉 I care about the above to the extent that they affect ME, End of story. 

+1!  Yeah, I think this is the first time I've agreed with Castanza.  When it comes to God, Rk is all "I'm in!"  

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

I actually think that most people here, even those that are in opposing camps, would make the same decision if it pertains to sex change of their underage kid and similar cases.

Personally, I would not allow it (had a discussion with our son about that) for the simple reason that teenagers tend to change their mind quite often. Once they are at age, they should be able to do whatever they want and of course have to live with their decision.

I would not want them making that decision unless they were at least 16 and understood all of the ramifications clearly.  Cheers!

20 hours ago, Parsad said:

What percentage of people that your children interact with are pedophiles?  A pedophile is a pedophile...straight, gay, transgender or otherwise.  It's irrelevant.  I'm guessing a lot of your church-going friends or colleagues at work may have particular predilections sexually...doesn't mean they would or would not hurt your children. 

Make sure your kids are dealing with adults you trust, and that you are there...simple.  But selecting a specific demographic and targeting it for no reason through legislation, the courts, etc...that's bullshit.  Cheers!

Thanks for your response.  I'm more thinking about the Canadian issues, like the storytelling in drag, than the American anti-trans hate that we're seeing these days.

I'd guess very few people my children interact with are pedophiles, and my uneducated guess would be that people who do drag probably have about the same percentage of pedophiles as the overall population, because I see no obvious reason why it would be different.

However, your response doesn't really help resolve my personal connundrum. Because if someone's fetish is doing drag (i.e. but not specifically pedophilia), then that doesn't imply that I shouldn't care if that person is doing a fetish activity involving my kids, or someone else's.

The issue isn't the pedophilia. It's the "involving a kid in sexual activities'.  Also, the "hurt the children" argument is a bit uncertain to me. I think almost everyone who hurts children, with the exception of maybe sadists, thinks they are not hurting children, and it's also not always clear when children are being hurt. To me, erring on the side of "don't allow children to be involved in adult's sexual activities" seems much safer strategy than trying to figure out which adults' sexual activities kids can safely be involved in.

For instance, if there was a sexual activity between children and pedophiles that people generally thought was harmless to the child, I think I'd still be reluctant to allow children to be involved in it.

That said, I agree with you that persecuting a demographic through the legal system is horrendous.

(Also, worth noting that my thoughts on this have nothing to do with religion. I think one can make a coherent argument that religion has cause orders of magnitude more harm than trans people have.)

Great episode of Bill Maher today that covers exactly what all of us were talking about...frankly, I agreed with Piers Morgan and Bill Maher.

Really, the world is looking for a centrist politician that makes rational decisions.  I think all of us can get behind that type of politician.  But can we find one?!

Cheers!

What is the infatuation with trans on both sides though? Like .5% of the population should be a paragraph in one textbook that is 1/12 of the K-12 curriculum. Why is this stuff so prevalent? 

Ideas are powerful. Introducing them, period, can influence. Otherwise, why the worry over who posts Ukraine or COVID crap on Twitter and Facebook?

I personally don’t care what people do with themselves or their spare time. I think Republicans have a serious issue regarding…quoting Elon Musk, “being in peoples bedrooms”. That said, I don’t want weirdos around my children, period. I consider a person with a mental disorder, problematic and an undesirable in regards to being around my family, and I consider a man or a woman who thinks they are something else, to be just that. We were eating at a hole in the wall place that came highly recommended for its food about a year ago. A normal looking white dude was at the bar, yelling about Jesus. He was not belligerent but singing loudly and talking to anyone in the place. He came over to our table and told my 3 year old daughter she was beautiful, and my son that Jesus was the original gangsta. We told him to fuck off and he backed off and then came back again trying to high 5 us and we just left. 

When did life get so complicated for people? Everyone has rights. We can like whatever we like and do whatever we want to do but pushing this shit upon other people is fundamentally wrong.

4 hours ago, Parsad said:

Great episode of Bill Maher today that covers exactly what all of us were talking about...frankly, I agreed with Piers Morgan and Bill Maher.

Really, the world is looking for a centrist politician that makes rational decisions.  I think all of us can get behind that type of politician.  But can we find one?!

Cheers!

I agree 100%, thats really what the world is looking for, and what you would THINK everyone would get behind...but there are 2 problems that I think prevent it from happening, maybe ever...

The term "centrist politician" has became an Oxymoron! 

Both sides literally HATE each other, and if you are not 100% riding with them, you are a sell out. A Rhino, or whatever the hell they call a leftie who leans right. Look what they did to Mitch Romney, regardless of what you think of the guy, he was one of the only few who wasnt afraid to buck the right when they bent the knee to Trump and all fell in line. Or Tulsi Gabbard who wasnt afraid to call the Dems out on BS they were pulling. You're either far right/left or they turn their back on you shunned. Other career politicians see this and dont want to be a victim, so they toe the line and fall in. It becomes a cycle and perpetuates the problem. Very very hard to turn that around on either side once that snowball is rolling down the hill. 

Second, and this is a big one. The type of candidate you describe, Democrat or Republican (because who really cares what party they belong to, if they are truly RATIONAL it shouldnt matter!) would likely never want to run! The best man or woman for the job is the one who would never want it or wouldnt want to get involved in the sh*tshow that it has become.

Thats the paradox of politics.

4 hours ago, Gregmal said:

I consider a person with a mental disorder, problematic and an undesirable in regards to being around my family

Good luck with the castle walls...

This is just a  very small aspect of the myriad of problems in the field of adult mental health:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/adult-adhd-is-the-wild-west-of-psychiatry/ar-AA19RCMo

However I wish to bring up a few points about under 18 mental health/ sexuality etc. ( And please realize I come from a medical background of 40 years and ,though not an expert, have seen all these issues up close and have dealt with the experts many many times).

1- To me the #1 problem is the advent of social media and the lack of easy parental control...As a mom or dad, I should be able to click a button , review post and generally be aware of my child's social browesings and communications....Monitoring is way to difficult and needs to be corrected. While sexual issues have always been around, the speed and prevalency of access to info ( both real and misinfo )

is astounding.

2- There has to be a balance of acceptance and right to exist vs protecting my child .... For example , My kid's in 1st grade and sees little Johnny has 2 moms...

No fuss is made and no big deal (we've grown as a society)... Cali passes out memos to 1st graders talking about transgenders and their rights ( I was told this really happened, who knows )...Not cool..Having billboards promoting call xxx-xxxx for sex ( and Ive seen between 2 men 2 women and hetero) not cool....My 8 year old saw this 1 day in the past and wanted to call.( and I wont talk about the jesus billboards haha). Many ways to handle (sex ed in 6 grade etc) but I wont digress.

3- Get rid of these extremest politicians on both sides who's only purpose is to stay in power and make money ( both sides party together at night and call the American people suckers ).  Total transparency in money donations, Revoke Citizens United vs. FEC. Empower rational moderates who can look at these issues ,compromise and help solve problems ( yes I know.. fantasyland).

I could go on and on.. I just hope no parents here has to deal with suicide ideation ,depression, anxiety and a myriad of other mental health issues many kids today are going thru.... It totally sucked the times I learned a young one  I personally knew, struggling with mental health \sexual identity\etc. , took their lives... Or the struggles parents and kids go thru getting help.( And its a very long journey).  Compassion is a wonderful word.

3 hours ago, Ulti said:

Good luck with the castle walls...

This is just a  very small aspect of the myriad of problems in the field of adult mental health:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/adult-adhd-is-the-wild-west-of-psychiatry/ar-AA19RCMo

However I wish to bring up a few points about under 18 mental health/ sexuality etc. ( And please realize I come from a medical background of 40 years and ,though not an expert, have seen all these issues up close and have dealt with the experts many many times).

1- To me the #1 problem is the advent of social media and the lack of easy parental control...As a mom or dad, I should be able to click a button , review post and generally be aware of my child's social browesings and communications....Monitoring is way to difficult and needs to be corrected. While sexual issues have always been around, the speed and prevalency of access to info ( both real and misinfo )

is astounding.

2- There has to be a balance of acceptance and right to exist vs protecting my child .... For example , My kid's in 1st grade and sees little Johnny has 2 moms...

No fuss is made and no big deal (we've grown as a society)... Cali passes out memos to 1st graders talking about transgenders and their rights ( I was told this really happened, who knows )...Not cool..Having billboards promoting call xxx-xxxx for sex ( and Ive seen between 2 men 2 women and hetero) not cool....My 8 year old saw this 1 day in the past and wanted to call.( and I wont talk about the jesus billboards haha). Many ways to handle (sex ed in 6 grade etc) but I wont digress.

3- Get rid of these extremest politicians on both sides who's only purpose is to stay in power and make money ( both sides party together at night and call the American people suckers ).  Total transparency in money donations, Revoke Citizens United vs. FEC. Empower rational moderates who can look at these issues ,compromise and help solve problems ( yes I know.. fantasyland).

I could go on and on.. I just hope no parents here has to deal with suicide ideation ,depression, anxiety and a myriad of other mental health issues many kids today are going thru.... It totally sucked the times I learned a young one  I personally knew, struggling with mental health \sexual identity\etc. , took their lives... Or the struggles parents and kids go thru getting help.( And its a very long journey).  Compassion is a wonderful word.

Very good post and I agree with everything you said. Most people are middle of the road and just want some damn normalcy from our leaders. Instead we get stuff like this which was just passed in Washington State yesterday. It gives the state the right to void parental consent. 

I don’t like the extreme on either end. Regarding gun culture I cannot stand the “gun bro” culture. I think it does a disservice to the tool and society. If you want guns, great own them but respect them for the tool they are and quit trying to act like Billy Badass.

Most of the problems we have in society right now are propagated by the vocal minority in both ends of the spectrum. The stuff Greg had to deal with at a restaurant is just as ridiculous. Keep your business to yourself. If someone wants to do something they will seek it out in their own. 

I don’t see the political atmosphere getting any better in the US anytime soon. It’s been decades since we had a good leader. Now we have hypocritical insider traders, people with fake accents, clearly mentally unstable individuals in offices all over from both parties. As Richard and Bluegold said above it’s a political paradox and nobody good will ever run. 

I agree 1000% with you on social media. Yeah there is some good that’s come from it, but by and large I think it’s been one big negative for society. 

It is the diversity, and the attitude that makes New York what it is; the same as it is in every other major city in the world; London, Paris, Berlin, Beijing, etc. There is widespread survival bias, populations vote with their feet, and it is typically a limited time engagement. If you're rich and can afford it, it's a great place to live; as millions do everyday, all around the world ....

The moving out meme is almost purely an inflation thing. If inflation benefits more than it hurts you; you get richer, luxury goods get cheaper (relative to income), and you enjoy a progressively better life in the major cities. If inflation hurts more than it benefits you; your stay is shorter, and you need to move out as your life stage changes - nothing new. Of course, nobody wants to hear that ......

Social media/internet just speeds things up. Trends that used to take weeks/months to enter the public 'conscience', now take hours/days at best; what used to be 'taboo' to talk about, is now common discussion. What used to be contained to just family/friends, is now widespread. However nothing has changed; it's just the same sh1te, happening at about the same time, that previously you knew nothing about. A useful propaganda trick ...  

When we think of luxury goods, we think of LVMH; when we think of capital market scum, we think of GS!; both widely recognized as the best at what they do. Quality housing in a global major city is a luxury good; no different to anything else LVMH sells ....

The flip side is that the major cities are also gilded cages; life in the city is not representative, and the more 'special' you are the more vulnerable you are. You are tolerated, not welcome; and tolerance depends upon you continually keeping that 'social license' refreshed. Comes the day you 'forget' that ... the masses rise up. Sometimes you keep your head, sometimes you don't; c'est la vie.

SD  

Edited by SharperDingaan

15 hours ago, Parsad said:

Just to be clear..."sex" and "gender" are not fluid...I agree. 

"Sexuality" is fluid. 

"Transgenderism" does exist...whether by nature or mental health issues...but it certainly exists. 

Cheers!

+1, I’ve never understood the argument that transgendered people are just mentally ill.  So what? Mentally ill people have just as many rights as anyone else and should be treated with respect, especially if they aren’t hurting anyone. I also don’t get why people thinks this all somehow affects them or their kids.  If my kids were still young I’d probably bring them to trans reading hour at the library, they would have gotten a kick out of that. We brought them to Providence Town a few times with a few gay friends of ours when they were little and they had a great time trying to spot the cross dressers.  If it’s a mental illness, so be it, they aren’t harming anyone by dressing in unusual clothing for their gender.  The conservative view on this harms society far more. It teaches that you only deserve respect if you behave like everyone else and don’t do anything weird or gross.  It is the same reason homosexuals were not treated well in the past.

^^^ That’s a ridiculous view of conservatives. You have an entire movement demanding that you believe their lies - mental illness or not. The movement demands that you believe a man can become a woman. The movement demands that this can be accomplished by changing pronouns, wearing a dress, take puberty blockers, mutilate your body. 

in reality, it’s all vicious lies - exactly like blacks are subhuman, women aren’t as smart as men, Jews are satanic. And it’s all taught in public schools backed by your government.

In fact, the FEDERAL Government in the USA is solidly pushing EVERY aspect of what I just mentioned, led by none other that Rachel Levine.

This trans movement is an extremely dangerous ideology that REQUIRES that conservatives submit to its well documented principles. 

Those that do NOT submit, are conducting genocide against trans people. 

Their words, not mine.

Edited by cubsfan

4 hours ago, rkbabang said:

+1, I’ve never understood the argument that transgendered people are just mentally ill.  So what? Mentally ill people have just as many rights as anyone else and should be treated with respect, especially if they aren’t hurting anyone. I also don’t get why people thinks this all somehow affects them or their kids.  If my kids were still young I’d probably bring them to trans reading hour at the library, they would have gotten a kick out of that. We brought them to Providence Town a few times with a few gay friends of ours when they were little and they had a great time trying to spot the cross dressers.  If it’s a mental illness, so be it, they aren’t harming anyone by dressing in unusual clothing for their gender.  The conservative view on this harms society far more. It teaches that you only deserve respect if you behave like everyone else and don’t do anything weird or gross.  It is the same reason homosexuals were not treated well in the past.

Assuming you’ve not made an error by agreeing Parsad that gender and sex are not fluid, you have outed yourself as being opposed to much of the transgender movements beliefs - because they in fact do believe it is fluid.

To claim they are mentally ill is frowned upon too.   The medical definition of ‘gender identity disorder’ was changed so it was less stigmatising and the result is the transgender movement don’t want it considered an illness at all.  When you say they are ‘not just mentally ill’ you're offending much of the trans movement because they don't believe it's an illness at all.

From this belief that it is perfectly normal that you can be born in the wrong body, that your brain can be a different gender, follows that it is perfectly normal to ‘change’ your sex through hormones and surgery.  And if you change you sex it can be insisted that male-female trans are really women, that must use the female bathrooms and facilities, that must compete against women in sports and other sex based competitions, and to say otherwise is discrimination.  If you don’t want to date, fuck and pair up with a trans-woman it’s discrimination because she is a real woman:

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-42652947.amp

In the UK there is a push for gender self ID, which means that if a male says they are a female, the law would mean that for the purposes of passports, driving licenses etc they are the sex and gender of their choosing.  With that they inherit female rights or men rights.

You might ask ‘so what’ - to which I’d ask ‘doesn’t truth matter anymore’?  Doesn’t the impact on the majority of women matter?

It’s really not about treating people well, it’s way beyond that.  The movement has transitioned (to borrow the phrase) from wanting broader acceptance of transgender people to demanding that society and everyone else accept they are the sex and gender they say they are.  That a transwoman IS a woman and if you disagree you are transphobic - meaning that according to many transgender advocates you rkbabang are a transphobe (I'm not joking).

If you don’t know all of this you haven’t been paying attention.  Its not just Conservatives pushing back against this, it’s many many Liberal too, like Joe Rogan, Bill Maher, and JK Rowling... heck even many gay people.

Edited by Sweet

56 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Assuming you’ve not made an error by agreeing Parsad that gender and sex are not fluid, you have outed yourself as being opposed to much of the transgender movements beliefs - because they in fact do believe it is fluid.

To claim they are mentally ill frowned upon too.   The medical definition of ‘gender identity disorder’ was changed so it was less stigmatising and the result is the transgender movement don’t want it considered an illness at all.  When you say they are ‘not just mentally ill’ you're offending much of the trans movement because they don't believe it's an illness at all.

From this belief that it is perfectly normal that you can be born in the wrong body, that your brain can be a different gender, follows that it is perfectly normal to ‘change’ your sex through hormones and surgery.  And if you change you sex it can be insisted that male-female trans are really women, that must use the female bathrooms and facilities, that must compete against women in sports and other sex based competitions, and to say otherwise is discrimination.  If you don’t want to date, fuck and pair up with a trans-woman it’s discrimination because she is a real woman:

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-42652947.amp

In the UK there is a push for gender self ID, which means that if a male says they are a female, the law would mean that for the purposes of passports, driving licenses etc they are the sex and gender of their choosing.  With that they inherit female rights or men rights.

You might ask ‘so what’ - to which I’d ask ‘doesn’t truth matter anymore’?  Doesn’t the impact on the majority of women matter?

It’s really not about treating people well, it’s way beyond that.  The movement has transitioned (to borrow the phrase) from wanting broader acceptance of transgender people to demanding that society and everyone else accept they are the sex and gender they say they are.  That a transwoman IS a woman and if you disagree you are transphobic - meaning that according to many transgender advocates you rkbabang are a transphobe rkbabang. (I'm not joking)

If you don’t know all of this you haven’t been paying attention.  Its not just Conservatives pushing back against this, it’s many many Liberal too, like Joe Rogan, Bill Maher, and JK Rowling... heck even many gay people too.

I read all of this passionate writing about what this group or that group says or thinks and I just can’t bring myself to care. Not what they do, not what they think, not why they do what they do, or what they might think of me. I didn’t say that I think they are mentally ill, just that it wouldn’t matter to my opinions if they were.  I don’t see any threat here to me or kids or anyone.  If transgender people were threatening me with violence I’d care, but that isn’t what is getting people all worked up.  People are getting all worked up because these people are showing up in public where kids are and want to be called certain pronouns.  With all the problems in the world and a federal government that is stealing tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands some years) from me I really don’t care about what some person wears or what they want to be called. The whole issue is so unimportant I can’t even believe anyone cares.

Edited by rkbabang

19 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

I read all of this passionate writing about what this group or that group says or thinks and I just can’t bring myself to care. Not what they do, not what they think, not why they do what they do, or what they might think of me. I didn’t say that I think they are mentally ill, just that it wouldn’t matter to my opinions if they were.  I don’t see any threat here to me or kids or anyone.  If transgender people were threatening me with violence I’d care, but that isn’t what is getting people all worked up.  People are getting all worked up because these people are showing up in public where kids are and want to be called certain pronouns.  With all the problems in the world and a federal government that is stealing tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands some years) from me I really don’t care about what some person wears or what they want to be called. The whole issue is so unimportant I can’t even believe anyone cares.

There are a range of reasons to care.  Being able to speak the truth is reason enough.

Some people have lost their jobs for not believing what you believe - that gender and sex are not fluid.

In the UK Maya Forstater was discriminated against and lost her job because she was gender-critical.  She took a case against her employer and won.

That is important, we are talking about serious discrimination here.  It's far beyond some fella dressing up as a girl in drag.

I don't mean this disrespectfully, but you haven't been paying attention, probably because you don't care.

Edited by Sweet

^^^ Hey man, you’re a smart guy that totally misses the point.

The point is not about what anyone “thinks”. The point is about what is “true”. If you think a man can become a woman, then you should be fine with the entire education system being changed. If you think, that , NO, this is not possible - then you might share the outrage against these lies.

The whole system is changing right before our eyes based on an enormous LIE. You’re obviously ok with that - or totally obvious to what’s happening.

Lying about well established basic facts of biology doesn’t advance our civilization - it does great harm to it.

When we were all the same race, religion, with no gender changes...Scotland and England for centuries... we got along beautifully, didn't we?   

Don't worry, if we aren't at war with somebody else we'll be at war with one-another.   Let's kick 'em all out and get down to one race, all extreme Christians, and for God's sake no gender options/changes...and just watch bloody outcome.   

Life is great...if you can stand it!

Rupert was a ****ing genius!

Edited by dealraker

I DO pay attention.  I pay more attention to conservative press/social media than I do liberal press and social media since I agree with conservatives far more often on issues that I do think are important (taxes, regulations, guns, size of government, etc...)  I've heard everything said here and more before.  I just don't get why anyone cares or what the threat is.  I never said that I don't believe gender is fluid.  I have no idea.  And, I don't care.  I know I feel the same way about my gender every day, but I have no idea what goes on in someone else's head.  If someone feels like a man today and a woman tomorrow, who am I to tell them different.  AND... why would I care?

Yes, yes, yes - here’s to the ideologues- what’s the harm anyway???

What’s true doesn’t matter, it’s all about feelings. Don’t rock the boat. Be nice and shut up.

Until the lies impact you and your family.

If I can convince you blacks are subhuman, maybe we can segregate and lynch a few.

if I can convince you Jews are satanic, maybe we can confiscate property and stick them in work camps.

If I can convince you women are property, maybe we can make them wear a vail, beat them and deny them schooling.

If I can convince you that whites are systematically racist, maybe you’ll pay me $5m for being black.

Finally, if I can convince you that a man can be a women, then I can shut you up and control your children, family and friends by taking away your parental rights.

What’s a little harmless ideology among friends anyway? 
The truth doesn’t really matter does it?

After all , the full force of the Feds is behind it - and we’re coming for you careers, family and way of life.

best of all - if you fight it - I get to call you a bigot for believing the truth and fighting my ideology premised on the big lie.

What’s the big deal???

Edited by cubsfan

27 minutes ago, rkbabang said:

I DO pay attention.  I pay more attention to conservative press/social media than I do liberal press and social media since I agree with conservatives far more often on issues that I do think are important (taxes, regulations, guns, size of government, etc...)  I've heard everything said here and more before.  I just don't get why anyone cares or what the threat is.  I never said that I don't believe gender is fluid.  I have no idea.  And, I don't care.  I know I feel the same way about my gender every day, but I have no idea what goes on in someone else's head.  If someone feels like a man today and a woman tomorrow, who am I to tell them different.  AND... why would I care?

You are not required to tell anyone they aren’t the gender they claim if you don’t want.  However you are overlooking, and haven’t acknowledged, that many within the trans movements want to force us to affirm that a trans-person’s gender is what they claim.

You also don’t have to care either but there are reasons to care mentioned above.  This includes hormone blockers for nine year olds, hormones and surgery for teens, being taught to children in schools behind parents backs, people losing their job for not getting with gender theory - there are other reasons too:

- Fallon Fox was a male who transitioned to a woman and entered woman’s MMA beating the shit out of them.

- Isla Bryson was a male who raped two women and was convicted.  He became trans, claimed he was a female, and was sent to a female prison (yes really).

Great that you don’t care about these issues, but why are you frustrated that many of us do care?  The issues are real even if you prefer to not care about them.

It’s not really a Conservative vs Liberal issue here in the UK.  It’s one of the rare issues with much common cause.

Edited by Sweet

Those are different issues.  I agree with keeping biological men out of women's sports for safety issues and not giving drugs and surgery to minors for the same reason minors shouldn't be allowed to get tattoos.  Sure there are nuts on every side, but many conservatives are nuts in the other direction.