Leaving New York City

Cardboard

39 minutes ago, Parsad said:

I can't speak to specific shows, but drag/homosexuality has been around as long as human beings.  Hijras have around in India for 2000 years plus.  I'm sure this has existed in most cultures for millennia.  

Are there those that push an agenda that might not be prudent for society...for sure!  That is done by both sides.  And while certain things may seem worse, for the most part, the world is becoming a better place to live for all...including those that are disenfranchised, suffering from centuries of economic disparity and lack of poor healthcare.  The world just got through a global pandemic relatively intact!  Not sure that would have been as successful 100 years ago.

What intrigues me is why drag or transgenderism is such a hot topic among conservatives.  They account for less than half of 1% of the population, yet conservatives feel that their spouse, kids and pets will all be converted in some way!  If the Mormons and Jehovah's Witness haven't had such success, why would transgenders?

Thirty years ago, I would have been like most young people and been uncomfortable around homosexuality, drag queens or transgendered people.  A real twat!  I'm glad that thirty years later that discomfort and unintentional bigotry is gone.  Mainly due to one of my brother's close friends coming out as gay after high school, and I watched my brother go to gay bars to support his friend as a wing man, who for years went to straight bars to support my brother as his wing man...how enlightened my brother is!  Another family friend had struggled for years with his gender and it showed up in mental issues because of the ambiguity...a destroyed and sad life because it was not diagnosed until his 40's.

I'm glad I'm no longer an ignorant twat!  All I can say is Castanza...don't be an ignorant twat!  History will not be on your side. 

Cheers!  

I don’t care if you’re gay or into drag. Keep that shit to yourself and out of public schools. Keep it away from kids. Last I checked the Mormons and other religious leaders don’t have full blown indoctrination lessons in public school. 

Can’t buy a beer till you’re 21 but hey let’s give kids sex change surgery at 14 and younger. If you can’t see the difference of now vs 20 years ago the YOU are the one who is being ignorant. It has always been around, but it has existed on the fringe of society. 

I mean are you ok with men pretending to be women and ruining women’s sports? You’re ok with parents letting their kids take Lupron which chemically castrates them? Or how about getting their dick mutilated, turned inside out and shoved in their body and calling that a vagina? Their breast cut off. It’s unscientific nonsense. 

Again, you can call me an ignorant twat. I really don’t care. There is objective truth in the world. And the majority of this LGBTQ nonsense doesn’t fit the mold. It’s an ideology and it’s brainwashing kids. The chart speaks for itself with regards to historical norms. 

image.jpeg.ae666e9f7a41b573ca0b3b303760bb44.jpeg

Where is the line in the sand for you Sanjeev? 

Do you even know who John Money and Alfred Kinsey are and what they did? 

Conservatives don’t care if someone is transgender. What they care about is the transgender activists that are determined to drive a wedge between parents and their children. They have no business sexualizing young children. Traditional term for that is a pervert. You don’t talk to young children about sex behind the parent’s back - which is happening all over the country- in schools by teachers and guidance counselors and administrators. It’s despicable and wrong.

1 hour ago, cubsfan said:

Conservatives don’t care if someone is transgender. What they care about is the transgender activists that are determined to drive a wedge between parents and their children. They have no business sexualizing young children. Traditional term for that is a pervert. You don’t talk to young children about sex behind the parent’s back - which is happening all over the country- in schools by teachers and guidance counselors and administrators. It’s despicable and wrong.

They aren't just trying to stop access at the school level...but in adulthood by some of the policies they are putting out there.  Just like abortion...they've essentially stopped women (adult women) from having them in 14 states.

I completely understand protecting children, and I fully agree with that, but we all know conservatives aren't just pushing that agenda.  They are trying to stop any sort of recognition of homosexuals at a level on par with every other heterosexual.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Castanza said:

I don’t care if you’re gay or into drag. Keep that shit to yourself and out of public schools. Keep it away from kids. Last I checked the Mormons and other religious leaders don’t have full blown indoctrination lessons in public school. 

Can’t buy a beer till you’re 21 but hey let’s give kids sex change surgery at 14 and younger. If you can’t see the difference of now vs 20 years ago the YOU are the one who is being ignorant. It has always been around, but it has existed on the fringe of society. 

I mean are you ok with men pretending to be women and ruining women’s sports? You’re ok with parents letting their kids take Lupron which chemically castrates them? Or how about getting their dick mutilated, turned inside out and shoved in their body and calling that a vagina? Their breast cut off. It’s unscientific nonsense. 

Again, you can call me an ignorant twat. I really don’t care. There is objective truth in the world. And the majority of this LGBTQ nonsense doesn’t fit the mold. It’s an ideology and it’s brainwashing kids. The chart speaks for itself with regards to historical norms. 

image.jpeg.ae666e9f7a41b573ca0b3b303760bb44.jpeg

Where is the line in the sand for you Sanjeev? 

Do you even know who John Money and Alfred Kinsey are and what they did? 

You think 20% of GenZ is gay?!  The number is skewed because GenZ made up a smaller proportion of the adults over 18 that were surveyed.  You also have more young people who aren't afraid to identify themselves as gay, whereas in the past the stigma and fear kept them from identifying.  The real number is around 1 in 10 people and transgender make up less than 0.5% of the population. 

Conservatives think every drag queen in America is coming for their children and their guns...RuPaul on a rampage..."bitch watch out, I'm comin' for your guns and kids!"  Cheers!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/389792/lgbt-identification-ticks-up.aspx

5 minutes ago, Parsad said:

They aren't just trying to stop access at the school level...but in adulthood by some of the policies they are putting out there.  Just like abortion...they've essentially stopped women (adult women) from having them in 14 states.

I completely understand protecting children, and I fully agree with that, but we all know conservatives aren't just pushing that agenda.  They are trying to stop any sort of recognition of homosexuals at a level on par with every other heterosexual.

Cheers!

Sorry Parsad - you got the facts wrong. There are now 15 states that have banned gender reassignment surgeries for MINORS. 

No one gives a shit what adults want to do with there bodies.

these laws are all about protecting children.

10 hours ago, Parsad said:

You think 20% of GenZ is gay?!  The number is skewed because GenZ made up a smaller proportion of the adults over 18 that were surveyed.  You also have more young people who aren't afraid to identify themselves as gay, whereas in the past the stigma and fear kept them from identifying.  The real number is around 1 in 10 people and transgender make up less than 0.5% of the population. 

Conservatives think every drag queen in America is coming for their children and their guns...RuPaul on a rampage..."bitch watch out, I'm comin' for your guns and kids!"  Cheers!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/389792/lgbt-identification-ticks-up.aspx

Time will tell but I bet you’ll be wrong on the numbers. This is very much wing crammed into the minds of young kids by adults who have personal fetishes with stuff. 

As I said I don’t care what two consenting adults do. But leave the kids alone. I don’t think it’s appropriate to have Drag Queen story hour. Do we have strippers going to schools and dancing for kids or having talks with them? No 

Its a weak argument to say “well this has always happened in humanity so why not now.” Pedophilia, incest, molestation, etc. have also always happened. Doesn’t mean we should allow it now. 

I also don’t really understand the drag thing and to a greater extent “trans”. Are they not in the same line as say Blackface or other cultural/racial appropriation. They are appropriating women not just in looks, but activates, scholarships, etc. Men are winning women of the year awards. It’s hurting real women’s achievements which is absurd. I mean there is literally a guy who says he is a young woman that is getting sponsors from Budlight, Nike, L’Oréal, etc.

The forced speech and attack on intellectual integrity bothers me most. This group cannot even define what a “Woman” is but yet they can rewrite and redefine basic human biology? I think it’s nonsense. And I don’t understand why people are feeding into it. On the medical side there is a lot of money to be made. Look up the Vanderbilt situation. Threatening doctors who don’t agree with the surgeries. Making 50k a pop off young kids. 

Personally I’m not going to use your pronouns or call you a woman if you think your a man. The same way I’m not going to tell you you’re fat if you struggle with  Anorexia and see yourself as overweight when you look in a mirror. 

—————

No comment on the second part of my above comment regarding the riots of this movement? 

Edited by Castanza

5 hours ago, Parsad said:

What intrigues me is why drag or transgenderism is such a hot topic among conservatives.  They account for less than half of 1% of the population, yet conservatives feel that their spouse, kids and pets will all be converted in some way!

Sanjeev, the one I've been struggling with is that I think a reasonable percentage of drag performers are doing it because they are transgender or non-binary, but I also think a reasonable percentage do it because it turns them on. Essentially, drag is a fetish for a non-negligible percentage of people.

If that's the case, the thing I've been pondering is, to what extent is it ok for people to practice their sexual fetishes in ways that involve kids?  And, if the kids don't know that it's a sexual fetish, does that mean it's OK?

Like, would it be acceptable to play a game with kids, involving, say, the kids tying up and whipping a fully-clothed adult while call them a "bad boy"? And if that bdsm fetish is not OK to practice with kids, is why is the drag fetish OK to practice with kids? Is it just a matter of degree?

Broadly speaking, I'm fine with homosexuality and transexuals. Really, pretty well everything that happens between consenting adults or involving consensually changing one's own body seems fine by me.

As I say, I've been struggling with this. I do know I wouldn't want a 45-year-old with a foot fetish massaging my daughter's foot, even if my daughter believes it's totally innocuous.

So I'm curious how you reconcile all this.

15 hours ago, Castanza said:

I'm not talking about standard banana immigration (see prior post above). I have zero issue with that. I've been working with a group locally (Thrive) who is helping Syrian and Ukranian refugees get settled in my immediate area.  Canada does not have the cartels and gang problems that the US has. Much of which is from illegal immigration. The buffer zone Canada benefits from is Priceless. 

Poorly managed immigration (legal and illegal) has brought down countless empires throughout history. That is the only point I am making. It's not a but that China has been around for 5k years while always having a heavy hand on new cultural entrants in their lands. I am not saying the US should be China in any way shape or form. I think a lot of their policies are detrimental. But you can see things that they have identified and are cracking down on because they know the danger they pose to the greater structure of society. 

Social Media nonsense: While our High School and College age adults are busy twerking in the Taco Bell and making TikToks about being "mis-gendered" China is having more kids graduate with American Law, Engineering, and Healthcare degrees than we have in total college population every year.

Strong Family Values: While China is incentivizing family building we here in the west are telling young women that having a child is one of the most disadvantageous things you can do in life. Never mind the nonsense of Men can have babies. My Nephew was told by their 10th grade biology teacher that men and women can be born with the wrong brain. 

This is not a recipe for long-term success in the West. relating this back to "cities" .... they lead the way and are the indicators of life here in the States. Things happen there first and then everywhere else. There is a sickness of the mind destroying the Western nations. Look at people and the general lack of respect people have for each other. A man got stabbed to death at Starbucks and a guy sat there in the background sipping his coffee as he bled out in front of his child. 

Look at the artwork, the cinema, the architecture and the institutions....shambles

To channel my inner @Dave86ch the West could benefit from some Marcus Aurelius: "If it is not true, do not say it. If is should not be done, do not do it."

Great!

59 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Meanwhile, the Feds send in camo dressed, assault rifle wielding teams by the dozen to arrest some 21 year old computer nerd who’s reading a book on his porch….

Lol not that he shouldn’t have been arrested but I hear your point. 

Ran into a former teacher this past year. Asked why he retired and he said “I got out once I realized the inmates were running the show” lmao pretty much how society is at this point. 

20 hours ago, RichardGibbons said:

Sanjeev, the one I've been struggling with is that I think a reasonable percentage of drag performers are doing it because they are transgender or non-binary, but I also think a reasonable percentage do it because it turns them on. Essentially, drag is a fetish for a non-negligible percentage of people.

If that's the case, the thing I've been pondering is, to what extent is it ok for people to practice their sexual fetishes in ways that involve kids?  And, if the kids don't know that it's a sexual fetish, does that mean it's OK?

Like, would it be acceptable to play a game with kids, involving, say, the kids tying up and whipping a fully-clothed adult while call them a "bad boy"? And if that bdsm fetish is not OK to practice with kids, is why is the drag fetish OK to practice with kids? Is it just a matter of degree?

Broadly speaking, I'm fine with homosexuality and transexuals. Really, pretty well everything that happens between consenting adults or involving consensually changing one's own body seems fine by me.

As I say, I've been struggling with this. I do know I wouldn't want a 45-year-old with a foot fetish massaging my daughter's foot, even if my daughter believes it's totally innocuous.

Who exactly is doing all this grooming?  I have issues with adults who are trying it on with kids and it has nothing to do with gay vs straight.  Catholic priests did it to thousands for years and that wasn't right but we don't say that all priests are evil horny pedos.  

You can't talk someone into being gay. And gender reassignment surgery isn't like getting a tattoo.  You dont get drunk one night and go "fuck it, let's do it".  Putting it off until post puberty I completely get but I've never once hear of anyone who has undergone it that has later said they were pushed into it and now regret it.  Maybe there is one of the thousands (just odds) but there's a lot more kids regretting Sunday school alone with the priest. 

22 minutes ago, dwy000 said:

Who exactly is doing all this grooming?  I have issues with adults who are trying it on with kids and it has nothing to do with gay vs straight.  Catholic priests did it to thousands for years and that wasn't right but we don't say that all priests are evil horny pedos.  

You can't talk someone into being gay. And gender reassignment surgery isn't like getting a tattoo.  You dont get drunk one night and go "fuck it, let's do it".  Putting it off until post puberty I completely get but I've never once hear of anyone who has undergone it that has later said they were pushed into it and now regret it.  Maybe there is one of the thousands (just odds) but there's a lot more kids regretting Sunday school alone with the priest. 

I think that if you do research, you will find out that there are quite a few people who transitioned and later regretted that.  It would be interesting to see statistics by cohort: after six months, a year, three years, five years, ten, and twenty.

31 minutes ago, dwy000 said:

The molestation rate among the Catholic Church is in line with the general population. The suicide rate alone of the trans community speaks for itself. There are tons of people who regret it. There are tons of kids who are pushed into it by their psycho parents. If you don’t see that you aren’t looking close enough. 

There is a non small percentage of teachers who actively tell and “groom” kids to be gay, bi, non binary etc. It happens more places than you think. Here in my town a teacher was telling boys in elementary school who were just bros and best friends that “maybe your relationship is more than you think” and the. Explaining to 7 and 8 years olds what they meant in further detail. You really think kids can’t be tricked or pushed to believe things? 

Edited by Castanza

10 minutes ago, Dinar said:

I think that if you do research, you will find out that there are quite a few people who transitioned and later regretted that.  It would be interesting to see statistics by cohort: after six months, a year, three years, five years, ten, and twenty.

The twin that started it all with John Money regretted it and blew his brains out. The very first one. It’s mind boggling how little people know about the roots of the “trans” movement. Kinsey would sexually assault kids and babies and track how many organisms they had. Then in classic Hollywood fashion they make a movie about him starring Liam Neeson and give it rave reviews. 

^^ People are asleep at the wheel. They’re also terrified of getting cancelled.

But forward thinking states that want to protect children are fast passing laws against the worst of this stuff being done totally behind parent’s backs. It’s around 15 states now.

imagine living in California where your kid can be renamed by the guidance counselor and be prohibited from telling the parents. Or being allowed to change in a “trans closet” when you get to school in order to hide it from the parents. All sanctioned by the school.

these trans activists are very dangerous people and are totally ruthless when it comes to parent’s rights.

31 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

^^ People are asleep at the wheel. They’re also terrified of getting cancelled.

But forward thinking states that want to protect children are fast passing laws against the worst of this stuff being done totally behind parent’s backs. It’s around 15 states now.

imagine living in California where your kid can be renamed by the guidance counselor and be prohibited from telling the parents. Or being allowed to change in a “trans closet” when you get to school in order to hide it from the parents. All sanctioned by the school.

these trans activists are very dangerous people and are totally ruthless when it comes to parent’s rights.

https://www.city-journal.org/article/a-certain-madness-amok/

Yup here is a relevant one. 

1 hour ago, Castanza said:

The molestation rate among the Catholic Church is in line with the general population. The suicide rate alone of the trans community speaks for itself. There are tons of people who regret it. There are tons of kids who are pushed into it by their psycho parents. If you don’t see that you aren’t looking close enough. 

There is a non small percentage of teachers who actively tell and “groom” kids to be gay, bi, non binary etc. It happens more places than you think. Here in my town a teacher was telling boys in elementary school who were just bros and best friends that “maybe your relationship is more than you think” and the. Explaining to 7 and 8 years olds what they meant in further detail. You really think kids can’t be tricked or pushed to believe things? 

So the thousands of kids molested by priests (admitted by the chirch) are just numbers in line with the population but "it happens more than you think" without any stats is an epidemic?

I suspect it happens at equal rates whether gay or straight.  The issue you seem to have is when the person doing it is gay, when the issue should be regardless of of sexual preference.

The suicides by trans people are much more likely related to people treating them like freaks and not being accepted than regretting their change. Just look at the blowback with Bud Light. That person did nothing but accept a promo can of beer and suddenly there's a boycott.  For what?  Who are they harming?

Edited by dwy000

On 4/12/2023 at 7:13 PM, cubsfan said:

Sorry Parsad - you got the facts wrong. There are now 15 states that have banned gender reassignment surgeries for MINORS. 

No one gives a shit what adults want to do with there bodies.

these laws are all about protecting children.

I said 14 states have banned abortions, not gender reassignment surgery.  By the way, I'm against gender reassignment surgery for anyone under 16...so if that was across the U.S., I'm ok with that. 

But banning abortions for women or even Mefipristone on the false pretense it is dangerous for women (less dangerous than Tylenol)...c'mon!  Cheers!

On 4/12/2023 at 7:24 PM, Castanza said:

—————

No comment on the second part of my above comment regarding the riots of this movement? 

I can't find your comment...which riots are you talking about?   Cheers!

On 4/12/2023 at 10:20 PM, RichardGibbons said:

What percentage of people that your children interact with are pedophiles?  A pedophile is a pedophile...straight, gay, transgender or otherwise.  It's irrelevant.  I'm guessing a lot of your church-going friends or colleagues at work may have particular predilections sexually...doesn't mean they would or would not hurt your children. 

Make sure your kids are dealing with adults you trust, and that you are there...simple.  But selecting a specific demographic and targeting it for no reason through legislation, the courts, etc...that's bullshit.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, dwy000 said:

So the thousands of kids molested by priests (admitted by the chirch) are just numbers in line with the population but "it happens more than you think" without any stats is an epidemic?

I suspect it happens at equal rates whether gay or straight.  The issue you seem to have is when the person doing it is gay, when the issue should be regardless of of sexual preference.

The suicides by trans people are much more likely related to people treating them like freaks and not being accepted than regretting their change. Just look at the blowback with Bud Light. That person did nothing but accept a promo can of beer and suddenly there's a boycott.  For what?  Who are they harming?

+1!  Cheers!

In the past ten or so years we have started teaching about trans in schools, sought to get gender recognition laws passed to allow anyone to ‘change their sex’ if they wanted, want men competing in woman’s sport, give puberty blockers to children under the age of 10 (UK), surgery and cross hormones for teens, passed laws that compels speech pronoun use, and other laws which means parents must affirm their child’s gender.

@Parsad @dwy000 do you consider pushing back against that as targeting a particular group?

Edited by Sweet