Coronavirus

spartansaver

Remember 2 weeks ago when he said this was a national disaster, shook hands with CEOs, and falsely said Google had a website going live and the market rallied? This feels similar

Maryland's republic governor has said each day that the administration is providing contradictory and confusing information. States will therefore act in their own best interest, as they have been

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the total cases chart, it took from January to March 5 to get to 100k cases.

It took from  March 5th to March 24th to get to 400k.

And most places, curves at still in their early, steep parts...

It took from January to March 5 to get to 100k cases.

It took from  March 5th to March 24th to get 400k.

^to test

That was implied. Nobody knows the real number of infected, and various multipliers I've seen range from 10 to 50x.

Shouldn't we focus on the curve by region? NY seems to be hit hardest.

Washington/California has high caseloads but growth has not increased as dramatically. So it doesn't seem like the entire country is following the same curve.

I think Cuomo has a good point, the Federal government should direct resources toward different parts of the country based on their curve & progress.

Washington/California has high caseloads but growth has not increased as dramatically. So it doesn't seem like the entire country is following the same curve.

I think Cuomo has a good point, the Federal government should direct resources toward different parts of the country based on their curve & progress.

Yeah, this is what Peter Attia has been saying lately. This shouldn't be looked at by country, but by city/area. Parts of Italy have very low mortality, but Milan is like 40x Sicily per capita or something like that.

Does this sound like someone worried about his citizens' lives, or someone worried about how much flak he's getting and about deflecting blame?

Someone on Twitter wrote about this: "Now our governors know how President Zelensky felt."

I am pretty sure if it’s the choice is between his re-election and 500k dead, I know what he is going to pick. Telltale sign will be Fauci resigning.

Of course Trump will make that choice!  - he is the evil Donald Trump and is a mass murderer.

He should have been impeached long ago.

While the economy gets destroyed - you guys with good jobs could give 2 shits about Joe/Mary Sixpack that lost jobs and

live paycheck to paycheck. Like Trump, they are just greedy money grubbers! Screw 'em.

So, yeah - NO debate needed on Trump attempting to save the economy - you guys got it all figured out!

You guys are a joke!

Part of the problem is when regions get to community spread they stop testing (or they are not able). So the reported numbers by region are highly misleading and difficult to compare. I will begin to feel much better about the whole situation once testing is available and executed like in South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore etc. Until then we continue to fly blind. We are moving in the right direction; the question is how bad does it get in the near term as we try and get it figured out. Do we get Northern Italy breakout in other cities?

I am pretty sure if it’s the choice is between his re-election and 500k dead, I know what he is going to pick. Telltale sign will be Fauci resigning.

Of course Trump will make that choice!  - he is the evil Donald Trump and is a mass murderer.

While the economy gets destroyed - you guys with good jobs could give 2 shits about Joe/Mary Sixpack that lost jobs and

live paycheck to paycheck. Like Trump, they are just greedy money grubbers! Screw 'em.

So, yeah - NO debate needed on Trump attempting to save the economy - you guys got it all figured out!

You guys are a joke!

Everyone sees what happened in Wuhan, Iran and Northern Italy. In these regions it has been a humanitarian disaster for 'Joe/Mary Sixpack' and everyone else involved. It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do. 

Yeah, this is what Peter Attia has been saying lately. This shouldn't be looked at by country, but by city/area. Parts of Italy have very low mortality, but Milan is like 40x Sicily per capita or something like that.

Just for reference :

Danish Health Authority. Please click on "Status over coronavirus/COVID-19", to the right "Se de nyeste tal" [translated to English : "See the newest figures"].

- - - o 0 o - - -

All numbers gathered, consolidated & drilled down, centrally, to get an overview of the whole situation as it evolves, in transparency for the whole population [if it's interested].

Denmark is tiny [about 5.8 M citizens, I think], - easy task to do on a running basis, if proper & systematic reporting procedures are set up & running properly, much more complicated task for the US, but the US will eventually get there, too, and likely very fast [, simply because it's needed].

- - - o 0 o - - -

It's like an ERP system & management tool for a real business : It provides input for "guidances" about how "this thingy" evolves over time, capacity planning for the near future [operative planning related to scarce resources etc., and serves as overall input on measurement of efficiency of countermeasures already taken & in place [for evaluation purposes]. It's also serves as input to epidemic statistical models, creating a feedback loop in decision making.

- - - o 0 o - - -

No matter how much more complicated the [decentralized] "model" for the US will be, the US will get there, too. The "brain" and the will to do it is present.

No , you all just LOVE to present false dichotomies in hopes of destroying the President - and you know it.

I mean, it's not like the real choice might be between another Great Depression and millions of financially ruined lives.

You guys give 2 shits about that - you want the President destroyed and you know it.

Easy choice coming from a bunch of people with great jobs - while others in real pain side with the President

on finding workable alternatives.

It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

You guys are a joke!

I didn’t state what choice he is going to pick, but you did.

Guest oakwood42

I vacillate back and forth a lot on how long this will truly be a problem.  But, I just read this the other day:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nobel-prize-winner-shares-some-good-news-about-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-23

I sometimes wonder if this will all be over by the summer.

Spring/Summer 2021 would be my guess.

When you say this won't be over until Spring/Summer 2021, what do you define as over?

I vacillate back and forth a lot on how long this will truly be a problem.  But, I just read this the other day:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nobel-prize-winner-shares-some-good-news-about-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-23

I sometimes wonder if this will all be over by the summer.

Spring/Summer 2021 would be my guess.

When you say this won't be over until Spring/Summer 2021, what do you define as over?

Most of the population is vaccinated and there are no more significant flare ups of COVID-19.

It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

It's just great to see the great minds here on COBF have it all figured out what the Presidents real motivations are.

Are you incurious as to why Trump kept saying this is a hoax and a conspiracy against his presidency long after he was briefed about the threat and it continued to spread?

Surely you understand there is some mental illness there.

The man literally believed this was a global conspiracy against his presidency.

It is because people on this board care about 'Joe and Mary' that they expect a lot from their elected leaders. In times like these it is normal to scrutinize what they say and do.

Fair enough.

What's your take on the Democrat's reluctance to support the stimulus bill? What do you expect of them?

This is politics.

Fair enough.

Just the Democrats? Both sides are at fault:

Now is not the time to try to establish a slush fund for your donors, as I believe Mitch McConnell has done or attempted to do. Now is also not the time to put in your own legislative pet projects, tenants of the Green New Deal, that you know will only likely stifle this,” Rep. Max Rose, a moderate New York Democrat, said of the House bill

Playas are gonna play, and shitty politicians are gonna be shitty politicians.

Fair enough.

A revised bill is expected. I mean c’mon - did anyone really suspect that some reps draft a bill basically overnight for a blank check worth a couple of trillions and everyone else just bursts out in joy and signs this? It’s going to get negotiated and a compromise is going to get signed.

TARP was similar and took a couple of weeks to get through. I think this one is going through quicker even though it is severely timed larger in size.

Fair enough.

This is politics.

This isn't politics. This is a public health issue, and not a theoretical one. The person in charge is incompetent to deal with it. If you want to pretend this is politics, fine, but it isn't. I don't care she's right or left, blue or red, purple or orange. if she was acting rationally and competently in the face of the COVID19 threat, I'd applaud, but she's not, so I'm explaining why I think that is.