Great podcast episode recommendation thread

Liberty

Lately, I've been binging this podcast called Special Situation Investing.  They run a substack too (the pod is mostly reading the posts from the substack).

Nice little short weekly stock pitches and some asides about FI and wealth building etc from what sounds like two hobbyist/financially independent men.  Sounds like they are attempting to emulate the structure of the portfolio of buffett partnerships a bit (i.e., the workouts, generals, and so forth.  They discussed a few spins that were somewhat interesting. 

I haven't really liked anything they've looked at yet, but have enjoyed listening.  They talk a lot about Bitcoin, doomberg, the real vision blokes, pabrai, and the horizon kinetics guys so I would take them more than a pinch of salt. 

I like to imagine they are father and son and wonder if my children and I can similarly share this investing activity one day; maybe that's why I like it. haha.

Spotify has loads of audio books now included with memberships, so that's been great, but I feel I have to focus in more on those than pods.

Also that Knowledge project guy had Chris Davis on recently for a 2+ hour talk that was great.  Lots of repeat stuff but also some new.  Includes a little discussion of serving on boards including Berk, GHC, and KO.  A few new details (to me) about his famiglia.

Edited by CorpRaider

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jason McDonough has an excellent podcast where he reviews annual reports from historical companies that is surprisingly engrossing. He's gone over how Ford, GM, and NCR started and its extremely interesting to see how innovations that you never even thought about (the cash register) created huge value for the economy.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-10-k-podcast/id1690744153

I like the new BG2 podcast, with VCs Bill Gurley and Brad Gerstner. What's fascinating is that Gurley is genuinely interesting and has a distinctive perspective and Gerstner just spits out some words that make noise as if he were jerome Powell testifying in front of congress. I'm not going to be investing in startups but it is interesting to hear what Gurley thinks about self driving cars, LLMs, etc. Just fast forward through all the Gerstner parts.

8 hours ago, ratiman said:

I like the new BG2 podcast, with VCs Bill Gurley and Brad Gerstner. What's fascinating is that Gurley is genuinely interesting and has a distinctive perspective and Gerstner just spits out some words that make noise as if he were jerome Powell testifying in front of congress. I'm not going to be investing in startups but it is interesting to hear what Gurley thinks about self driving cars, LLMs, etc. Just fast forward through all the Gerstner parts.

Totally, Gurley is awesome, Gerstner just tries to sound intelligent. 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, ratiman said:

any specific episode in that new series that you are recommending or general speaking