If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for?

LongHaul
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am independent politically.  I still need to research Hillary Clinton but am coming out against Trump.

The race is deadly serious as I think there is increased risk of WW3 with a Trump in power.  Hundreds of millions could die so this is not to be taken lightly.  He actually reminds me of Hitler as a charismatic leader selling things to an upset/angry population.  Angry people can be easy to con.  It could be Trump vs. Putin as a battle of Egos that we all pay the price for.

Trump is an interesting extreme person who is a fascinating case study.  Contrast Trump with a Mike Bloomberg, Romney or a George Washington and the contrast is about as enormous as ever.  Trumps skills are in marketing, public relations and sales - basically persuasion.  And he is charismatic, rich, powerful - which means one has to be even more on guard.  But he is really just a human being if you look past the facade.

Good Points:

1.  Blunt

2.  No need to pander to anyone

3.  Knows about real estate and some about business

4.  Has some good ideas

Bad points

1.  Egomaniac

2.  Narcissist

3.  Liar

4.  Untrustworthy

5.  Racist

6.  Sexist

7.  Elitist

8.  Bully

9.  Self Delusional

10. Massively overconfident even in areas with little experience that have complex systems.

11. Not humble at all (even after his early 90's bust)

12. Megalomaniac

Bottom line - the guy seems very dangerous as president.

"How to Identify the Symptoms of Megalomania

Megalomania is a psychopathological disorder where in the person experiences delusional fantasies of greatness, wealth, grandeur, omnipotence and superiority. The person with this type of mental illness will be obsessed with doing extravagant things, will think only about themselves, will not have any concern for others and will have lust for power and money. A megalomaniac person will also exaggerate his/her talent in an unrealistic egoistic way, consider them as unique and will be self- centered. According to the experts, this mental disorder is related to Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) which means self-love. How and why this type of illness develops may be because of different behavioral characteristics, childhood and nature of parenting during childhood days. One of the best examples of a megalomaniac in history was Adolf Hitler."

Funny thing is, switch Trump and Hillary in the above quote and just about all of it still applies.  I am much more worried about Clinton starting WWIII than Trump.  She is bought and paid for by the military industrial complex, is about as hawkish as any president we've ever had, and will likely continue Obama's needless provocations of Putin.  Trump seems less warmongerish to me, has even said more antiwar statements then any of the other candidates (which could be one reason he came out on top).  IMHO having any human being in the whitehouse with the amount of power the POTUS currently has is dangerous, but Trump seems less dangerous to me than Hillary.  As I said before, Hillary scares the hell out of me.  You think Trump is a Megalomaniac and Hillary isn't?  Really?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad points

1.  Egomaniac

2.  Narcissist

3.  Liar

4.  Untrustworthy

5.  Racist

6.  Sexist

7.  Elitist

8.  Bully

9.  Self Delusional

10. Massively overconfident even in areas with little experience that have complex systems.

11. Not humble at all (even after his early 90's bust)

12. Megalomaniac

Bottom line - the guy seems very dangerous as president.

"How to Identify the Symptoms of Megalomania

Megalomania is a psychopathological disorder where in the person experiences delusional fantasies of greatness, wealth, grandeur, omnipotence and superiority. The person with this type of mental illness will be obsessed with doing extravagant things, will think only about themselves, will not have any concern for others and will have lust for power and money. A megalomaniac person will also exaggerate his/her talent in an unrealistic egoistic way, consider them as unique and will be self- centered. According to the experts, this mental disorder is related to Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) which means self-love. How and why this type of illness develops may be because of different behavioral characteristics, childhood and nature of parenting during childhood days. One of the best examples of a megalomaniac in history was Adolf Hitler."

The above can be said of Hillary.  This describes her perfectly.

Additionally, when was the President of America a family run business?  Nobody has been bringing this up. 

What about Hillary's "charity"?  By some estimates, 94% of the money received goes to overhead & such.  This isn't a $10,000 mini-charity either.  We are talking about HUNDREDS of millions of dollars.  How this can be called a "charity" is absolutely hilarious. 

What kind of example does Hillary set for young American women?  She is a TERRIBLE role model!  She has absolutely betrayed the "feminist" cause.  If she is smart & capable, why did she ride on the coattails of Bill?  She should have ditched his sorry self DECADES ago.  But no, she stuck with him because that is the only way she could get anywhere.  So the message to young women is to put up with a terrible husband if he is powerful...

What about Hillary & the women that Bill had affairs with?  All the crazy, sordid accusations?  She worked ACTIVELY to discredit these women!  I thought women were to be believed about the accusations of rape & sexual harassment...

What example is she setting when she is taking in tens of millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia & other Islamic countries?  I think women are forbidden from driving in Saudi Arabia, but here is Hillary taking tons of cash from them and acting as their friend.  It is quite obvious that KASH MONEY trumps ideals with her.  It is just so shocking that it is right out in the open.

So there we go...a few things to think about.

My favorite part about the Trump haters is how they concede he's smart enough to build up a billion dollar real estate empire, but he's dumb enough to get us all killed.

Being good at shoe buttons does not make you good at everything.

My favorite part about the Trump haters is how they concede he's smart enough to build up a billion dollar real estate empire, but he's dumb enough to get us all killed.

And with the nature of the geopolitical process the way it is, an intelligent person could also get us all killed.

And with the nature of the geopolitical process the way it is, an intelligent person could also get us all killed.

Yes, but the odds seem higher with some than others.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/16/news/economy/hillary-bill-clinton-economic-job-growth/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

Why not a third term for Obama while we are at it?

And regarding some WWIII with Trump, who is pushing Chinese buttons so hard in the South China Sea right now?

And I have never seen Russian planes harassing U.S. navy vessels like we have seen in recent times. Never!

Sometimes I wonder if Obama is not trying to make things so bad so that a state of emergency is declared in the Fall and that no U.S. election can be held. This way he could do his third term a la Roosevelt. Is that not his hero by the way?

Cardboard

This is a brilliant playbook, absolutely brilliant.  The American people loved Clinton.  Yes, he led during the tech boom and an unprecedented period of prosperity.  But the brutal reality is success/failure from external sources is attributed to the sitting President at hand.  The US did well with Bill, so why not offer as a token that he'll be back in power?  In some part I believe this is the appeal of Hillary.  Her husband did well (moral issues aside) and people want something like that again.  Of course it can't be replicated, but people either don't get that, or they're hopeful. 

Clinton sadly. Was a Bernie supporter but no chance there. I want 0.0000% chance of Donald Trump running my country. So I'll take "Shillary Clinton".

The real shame is that the Democratic party is disgusting in how its treating Sanders and my vote for Shillary will just entrench that behavior further. But Trump is just SO BAD.

I bet Clinton chooses Sanders as VP. She's got no choice. If she chooses someone establishment, a portion of his supporters will go to Trump. Trump is smart enough to know this and has already started to appeal to Sanders people by attacking the flawed superdelegate system.

I bet Clinton chooses Sanders as VP.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm one of those lifetime democrats who hates to vote Hillary. :'(

The problem with the Republican party is that the people who vote for the republican primary are more towards the right extreme side. To win the nomination, the candidate has to impress the extremists; but for the general election, the republican crowd is on the moderate side. Last time, Mitt Romney faced the same challenge, ended up flip-flopping, loosing credibility from all sides.

My wishful thinking is Trump convinces people that all his rants were just a successful marketing strategy to win the primary, and his principles are actually very different.

Trump + Sanders ?

That would be hilarious if Sandars switched parties and ran with Trump.  He's just nutty enough to do it too. The two party system is crumbling anyway, that would push it along nicely.  I'm just sitting back with my popcorn and enjoying the show.

Clinton sadly. Was a Bernie supporter but no chance there. I want 0.0000% chance of Donald Trump running my country. So I'll take "Shillary Clinton".

The real shame is that the Democratic party is disgusting in how its treating Sanders and my vote for Shillary will just entrench that behavior further. But Trump is just SO BAD.

Isn't Bernie polling better vs Trump than Hillary?

I'll probably vote third party again, but if I had to vote for one of the remaining main party candidates it'd probably be Bernie.

I've always been right-leaning/independent, but the dude is one of the few politicians I've seen with integrity and I generally like the guy even if I disagree with his math/economics/entitlement stances. A Republican Congress would prevent him from doing much of the economic damage that I'm concerned he might do and I'd rather stand up for a politician who is trustworthy and has integrity than any of these other liars who might have better plans, but can't be trusted to actually follow through with anything they say.

The problem with this election is that Trump is a caricature of the Republican party and Hillary seems increasingly likely to be a criminal. How did it come to this where we have to choose between a cartoon character and criminal for the highest office in the country?

I'll probably vote third party again, but if I had to vote for one of the remaining main party candidates it'd probably be Bernie.

I've always been right-leaning/independent, but the dude is one of the few politicians I've seen with integrity and I generally like the guy even if I disagree with his math/economics/entitlement stances. A Republican Congress would prevent him from doing much of the economic damage that I'm concerned he might do and I'd rather stand up for a politician who is trustworthy and has integrity than any of these other liars who might have better plans, but can't be trusted to actually follow through with anything they say.

The problem with this election is that Trump is a caricature of the Republican party and Hillary seems increasingly likely to be a criminal. How did it come to this where we have to choose between a cartoon character and criminal for the highest office in the country?

I think Hillary technically has the most individual votes than trump....I think.

My thought exactly. Last I heard Sanders polls better vs. Trump than Hillary, but it looks like he won't get the nomination.

My wishful thinking is Trump convinces people that all his rants were just a successful marketing strategy to win the primary, and his principles are actually very different.

Be careful what you wish for.

Of course his rants were marketing strategy.

But his "principles" in general election will also be a marketing strategy.

Republicans fell for the populist demagoguery marketing. Will Democrats fall for it too? News at 11.  8)

Trump has no principles except for "I am Trump and I do and say whatever I want" principle.

But then I'd rather Reps nominate Trump than Christian right ideologue like Cruz. So ... mission accomplished!  8) Let them eat cake!

Hilary said she wants to destroy my coal stocks so I'll have to say not her. Plus we need a bear market to pick up some bargains again. So Trump?

+1.  I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even think of that ;).  And my enlightened self-interest is perhaps even more blatant as my investments consist mostly of LEAP puts..

I bet Clinton chooses Sanders as VP. She's got no choice. If she chooses someone establishment, a portion of his supporters will go to Trump. Trump is smart enough to know this and has already started to appeal to Sanders people by attacking the flawed superdelegate system.

I thought that the U.S. VP had one job. To be there in case the President kicks the bucket. To have a ticket with a 70 year old candidate and a 74 year old vp seems a little non sensical. no?

I thought that the U.S. VP had one job. To be there in case the President kicks the bucket. To have a ticket with a 70 year old candidate and a 74 year old vp seems a little non sensical. no?

When the president eats the souls of children, why do we even need a VP?

Because the 74 year old may be your only real chance to get elected.

The West Wing taught me the V.P. is nothing more than a doormat.

House of Cards taught me the V.P. is a key cog in the congressional wing and wields much power.

But I'm Canadian and we have no V.P.  So I only know what Hollywood teaches me. Which is 100% accurate. :D

I voted for Trump in Georgia to edge out Lyin' Ted.

I liked many of Republican ideals (except for the social part). I think they've not lived up to their ideals. They increased deficits, wasted $T on needless wars and bankrupted the nation. They lost their moral compass & compassion. I still thought of voting for Trump until my 9 yr old daughter asked me, "Will Trump send us back to India?" I'm too worried. Today in her school, two of her friends said, if Trump is elected, you'll be out of this country. She apparently started crying. This has gotten too far.

I think I'll vote for Clinton. The inmates are in charge of Republican asylum.

With rising immigrant population, Republicans will be out of WH for another 20 years.

BTW: I do hate both the parties in this pseudo-democratic country where winner is decided by a few swing states.

I have a foreign buddy that I correspond with and my only comment on this thread will be how he signs off of every email....."We Will See....."

That is the only thing you can do, sit back and see what happens.  Oh, you can vote if you want, but your vote isn't going to change the election one way or the other.  So sit back and enjoy the show.

What's with Trump always saying America gets killed on trade due to trade deficits with Mexico and China? Like having a 50 billion trade deficit translates into losing 50 billion dollars and you are not importing an extra 50 billion in goods.