If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for?

LongHaul
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll tell you what.  Say what you want about Scott Adams, but he has been 100% correct about how this campaign would turn out so far.  He was saying that Trump was going to win the nomination and then the presidency (and his reasoning was spot on. HINT: he doesn't support Trump) way back in August of 2015 when almost everyone thought even his run for the nomination was a joke.  He was also talking about Hillary's health long before even the Republican press.  It is almost like someone gave him an advance copy of how this whole election show was going to play out.

Scott Adams this morning:  "The election is over."

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left must be about to say that she has been poisoned by the Russians.  ::)

For all supporters of the left out there, you definitely don't know history and as such are doomed to repeat it.

All states, all empires who have embraced the left have failed. None of them has made it throughout history. And the reason is very simple: Once a few control the distribution of wealth, corruption ensues, debt mounts, there is a people rebellion or war and from there the terminal decline.

On the other hand, free market capitalism has always moved forward throughout history. It is built into human genes to fight for ones own benefit and it goes beyond states and empires. It was true when people were bartering items as it is today when they exchange securities.

Cardboard

I'll tell you what.  Say what you want about Scott Adams, but he has been 100% correct about how this campaign would turn out so far.  He was saying that Trump was going to win the nomination and then the presidency (and his reasoning was spot on. HINT: he doesn't support Trump) way back in August of 2015 when almost everyone thought even his run for the nomination was a joke.  He was also talking about Hillary's health long before even the Republican press.  It is almost like someone gave him an advance copy of how this whole election show was going to play out.

Scott Adams this morning:  "The election is over."

He was talking about her health back in December that was long before anyone else as far as I know.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/150284922631/checking-my-predictions-about-clintons-health

For all supporters of the left out there, you definitely don't know history and as such are doomed to repeat it.

All states, all empires who have embraced the left have failed. None of them has made it throughout history. And the reason is very simple: Once a few control the distribution of wealth, corruption ensues, debt mounts, there is a people rebellion or war and from there the terminal decline.

On the other hand, free market capitalism has always moved forward throughout history. It is built into human genes to fight for ones own benefit and it goes beyond states and empires. It was true when people were bartering items as it is today when they exchange securities.

Cardboard

Seattle is controlled by the extreme left. I am feeling bad. They first legalized marijuana and now they are pushing for heroin.

I was not interested in elections in the past but now I've felt that the leftists have gone too far and they are going to endanger the society.

Cardboard

Seattle is controlled by the extreme left. I am feeling bad. They first legalized marijuana and now they are pushing for heroin.

I was not interested in elections in the past but now I've felt that the leftists have gone too far and they are going to endanger the society.

I'd rather them be legalized completely and sold by the pound in grocery stores (maybe in the coffee aisle), but Portugal's policy is a good start and would be a huge improvement over what the US has now.

14 Years After Decriminalizing All Drugs, Here's What Portugal Looks Like

https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.QKowGG6Ez

Finally the deplorables got something to cheer about . Hillary's health. Lets see how it plays out.

I still remember the day when Obama got reelected. These idiots were crying and are shocked how this could happen. That moment was worth it.

And it will happen again. Cheers.

Finally the deplorables got something to cheer about . Hillary's health. Lets see how it plays out.

I still remember the day when Obama got reelected. These idiots were crying and are shocked how this could happen. That moment was worth it.

And it will happen again. Cheers.

Either way it will be a hoot.  I don't know what will be better, seeing the shock on the conservatives faces if Hillary wins or the utter disbelief on the liberals' faces if Trump wins?  I can't wait for November.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that Trump is a moron. I can understand people voting for him, I really can, but I can't see listening to him for more than ten minutes without deciding that he's a complete idiot. Or a moron, take your pick.

What is more likely -

1. Trump is actually a moron and a complete idiot, his fame and money are pure luck, no skill involved.

2. You lack observation skills.

Clinton is going to release more medical information this week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-aide-says-we-could-have-done-better-amid-criticism-over-health-disclosures/2016/09/12/58883a50-78f2-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

Compare that to the lying traitor who hasn't released his tax returns. I'll bet there is a lot of incriminating stuff in those returns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-aide-says-we-could-have-done-better-amid-criticism-over-health-disclosures/2016/09/12/58883a50-78f2-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

Compare that to the lying traitor who hasn't released his tax returns. I'll bet there is a lot of incriminating stuff in those returns.

I mean, objectively she has trapped herself badly. Which fence-sitters are going to actually believe that release at this point? Since they opted for cover-up on multiple occasions now, there is ample reason to actually believe that what is eventually released is just new political spin. They have no leg to stand on against the conspiracy theories and it's all their own fault.

She really is in dire straits. This week could feature a trickle of progressively more important democrats voicing the possibility of a replacement. If the first trial balloons take off she could be done for. They really need to get in front of that, but it's hard to see how they will be able to do so effectively. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to promote a replacement too, so some alerted people may panic and undermine her publically in order to force her hand.

Interesting times.

You have to know a little bit about Scott Adams to understand why. BTW I liked Scott Adam's book, his idea about using systems than goals is spot on. But he is a changed man and I suspect a lot of that has to do with his divorce in 2014. He has been pitching for men's rights and was a member of MRA(Men's rights association :)). He rails against "matriarchial" system in the US and how men are getting short end of the stick.

Now go back to August'15 and you have two parties. One was certain to nominate a woman and the other have a mix of candidates. But one candidate stands for misogyny, puts women down, not apologize for it and says everything that majority of women find distasteful. Who do you think Scott Adams would favor to win? You don't need any degree on hypnotism or persuasion to guess that.

Trump has become his alter ego. His Tyler Durden who doesn't have to watch what he says , is powerful and is being loved by masses. So Trump must be a master persuader. It all adds up in his world.

I do feel sorry for the guy because he has staked his whole reputation on this election based on his prejudices. A very risky strategy considering he doesn't have much to gain but everything to lose if these predictions don't work out.

I mean, objectively she has trapped herself badly. Which fence-sitters are going to actually believe that release at this point? Since they opted for cover-up on multiple occasions now, there is ample reason to actually believe that what is eventually released is just new political spin. They have no leg to stand on against the conspiracy theories and it's all their own fault.

She really is in dire straits. This week could feature a trickle of progressively more important democrats voicing the possibility of a replacement. If the first trial balloons take off she could be done for. They really need to get in front of that, but it's hard to see how they will be able to do so effectively. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to promote a replacement too, so some alerted people may panic and undermine her publically in order to force her hand.

Interesting times.

I'd see Tim Kaine moving to the front of the ticket as a positive development. I'm not sure if Kaine would be the automatic pick or what the process would be. He seems to be more skeptical with regards to use of the military, which is my biggest issue with Hillary: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/tim-kaine-congress-has-a-role-in-us-military-action-in-iraq/2014/06/24/77ec1776-fbc8-11e3-b1f4-8e77c632c07b_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.147443cd2f08

The Richmond Times Dispatch, which endorsed Johnson, was positive on Kaine but decided it didn't make sense to endorse someone you disagree with because of their VP. 

Interesting times.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I don't think you should be very reassured by 538's analysis. Over the years he has become increasingly lazy with his work. Even when he's at his best his statistical methods aren't exactly top-notch.

Clinton being replaced ASAP is the best thing that could happen to this country. Almost anybody that would be acceptable to the major factions in the Democratic party should do far better in the election than her. She's the Democrat's Jeb Bush, only the Democrat's actually had the power to push her through to the nomination despite nobody outside of the party's core really wanting her.

Why I Don't Vote: The Honest Truth

Bryan Caplan

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2016/09/why_i_dont_vote.html

"My honest answer begins with extreme disgust.  When I look at voters, I see human beings at their hysterical, innumerate worst.  When I look at politicians, I see mendacious, callous bullies.... If I had a 5% chance of tipping an electoral outcome, I might hold my nose, scrupulously compare the leading candidates, and vote for the Lesser Evil.  Indeed, if, like von Stauffenberg, I had a 50/50 shot of saving millions of innocent lives by putting my own in grave danger, I'd consider it.  But I refuse to traumatize myself for a one-in-a-million chance of moderately improving the quality of American governance.  And one-in-a-million is grossly optimistic... consorting with bad people hurts you deep inside... The only way I know to escape this darkness is to focus on the tiny corner of the world in my control and make it beautiful and pure.  Call me anti-social if you must.  Unlike your candidates, at least I'm honest."

I don't think you should be very reassured by 538's analysis. Over the years he has become increasingly lazy with his work. Even when he's at his best his statistical methods aren't exactly top-notch.

Clinton being replaced ASAP is the best thing that could happen to this country. Almost anybody that would be acceptable to the major factions in the Democratic party should do far better in the election than her. She's the Democrat's Jeb Bush, only the Democrat's actually had the power to push her through to the nomination despite nobody outside of the party's core really wanting her.

I don't disagree that HRC is a weak candidate the base is unenthusiastic about. She should have been very beatable. IMO any prominent Democrat would have been good. Then again, when it's between her and Trump...

Some one should start a new thread with a new poll. I wonder what it would look like now.

I agree. Also think it should include the 3rd parties on 270+ electoral vote ballots (Gary Johnson and Jill Stein). Candidate X might win in a heads up against Candidate Y, but if there's also a Z on the ballot it could change things one way or another (basically the Nader effect).