what are you selling today?

muscleman

Shorted some PLUG. Mainly because Ive got a bearish itch and many of the other candidates are impulsive and valuation based shorts. So, because Unilife is no longer with us, PLUG becomes the de facto, I just need to short some piece of shit eventual 0 outlet.

Trimmed some more BX. These things are unstoppable right now it seems.

EDIT, sold a small sliver of my GOOG shares too. Felt dirty doing so...which may indicate an emotional attachment to them(not a good thing), but am almost certainly convinced that there will be points to rebuy them lower and since its paying down margin, a better safe than sorry decision.

Trimmed some more BX. These things are unstoppable right now it seems.

EDIT, sold a small sliver of my GOOG shares too. Felt dirty doing so...which may indicate an emotional attachment to them(not a good thing), but am almost certainly convinced that there will be points to rebuy them lower and since its paying down margin, a better safe than sorry decision.

Sold my GOOG shares on 1/24.  Have the same feeling that it will be available cheaper in the future.  Currently sitting at 15-20% cash and all new money is going to cash for the time being.

Started small NVTA short after hours. Added to PLUG short AH as well.

Shorting momentum trash is a good way to get over by a dump truck lately.

Yea PLUG has driven a large one up my a$$ past few months, but its still a terminal short. NVTA Ive got a pretty good handle on the story part. Their JPM Conference pump job has become predictable(why all the smart guy short pitches were awfully timed) as has the rally to earnings. From here though, they'll have to do better than losing $1.20 for every $1 in revenue. I dont think they do.

Always size these small should be the requisite disclaimer.

Fairfax. It has been remarkably resilient the past 2 days as the market has sold off. I wonder if FFH is buying :-) Opportunity for me to lock in some nice gains and have lots of cash to redeploy should we see the stock market continue to sell off.

I continue to like the insurance side of the Fairfax; it looks like they are in a hard market. However, bond yields are down significantly and could stay down which will decrease interest income as the year progresses. And their stock portfolio is taking a big hit; Their two big holdings, Seaspan and Eurobank, are down big time since Jan 1. My guess is equity markets will stay weak for Q1.