One of the Greatest Investment Opportunities...

Parsad

on 2nd thought, from one of parsads comments I think its much more likely to be a small cap, else there wouldn't be a concern about keeping mum for now in case it experiences another significant price decline from here & bringing it up to a 25% position

hmmmm. back to the guess- it drawing board

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.  two guys mentioned resources (Hellsten & bmichaud) and Parsad said "a few guys are on the right track"

Also, earlier this year Parsad mentioned he was running ~$7 million so call it $8 million (ish) now and a 10% position is $800K.  So a small cap makes sense.

I guess its small cap resource stock with no debt that is cash flowing...

Going with GrizzlyRock's thought: How about Callinan Royalties? Small cap? Check. Resource stock? Check. No debt? Check. Cash flowing? Check. The stock is a lot cheaper than it was when I posted the idea, as any of the crickets chirping over there will tell you.

I have no guesses on this. I just wanted to say that, as a fellow Sox fan, I LOVE your username.

I think I figured it out, but it's too late for us! "Invest" in Mayweather for ~ 40% return in one day  :)

What a dominating fight!  I can't believe one of the judges had it as a draw.  Boxing, the one place more corrupt than Wall Street!  Cheers!

Hello,

I check EBIX, interesting idea, what is the issue with this one?

I see that 21th of June, they annonced to make a 100 million stock repurchase.  Currently the market cap is 400 millions.

Earning per share for last 4 quarters is 1.82 usd or less than 6 times earnings.

one issue is that the earnings of june best quarter go down for the third consecutive year.

Balance sheet : big goodwill but good mix cash/shareholder equity against debt.

cash flow statement: no big issue and good generation of cash.

i saw a risk of fraud, true, not?

I think I figured it out, but it's too late for us! "Invest" in Mayweather for ~ 40% return in one day  :)

What a dominating fight!  I can't believe one of the judges had it as a draw.  Boxing, the one place more corrupt than Wall Street!  Cheers!

Same guy who gave Bradley a win over Pacquiao. What a joke.

Same guy who gave Bradley a win over Pacquiao. What a joke.

Yup, same one.  Lady judge sanctioned by the Nevada Boxing Commission as their representative judge for the fight.  Cheers!

Glacier Media Inc.

Sanjeev said he was buying at the $1.55 level and maybe a bit higher. The stock is now down to $1.15 following negative comments from a BMO analyst who was previously a big supporter. Market cap is now $103 million and it is pretty illiquid.

Cardboard

This could be it. Although the company did get very close to breaching its covenant on its debt.

They have quiet a few levers to avoid a run by the banks however: real-estate, further cost cutting (although its CEO runs a very tight ship).

It seems that they are sort of facing a perfect storm : they levered the company up to buy Post Media asset and it hasn't worked off as they expected ... plus you have weakness in the national advertising creating all sorts of issues for them. Additionally, they have a potential $20-$25m tax hit due to dispute with CRA. If they didn't have a ton of debt, things would have been much easier to navigate.

CEO and mgmt owns abt 33% .. .so they have a huge vested interest to make this work.

My sense they will eventually pull it off.

Thanks, but this is probably something for the too hard pile for me  :(

From the latest annual report:

As at December 31, 2012, Glacier had consolidated cash and cash equivalents of $5.2 million, current

and long-term debt of $132.3 million before adjustment for deferred financing fees attributable

directly to the issuance of long-term debt, and working capital of $29.0 million excluding deferred

revenue.

And they are selling for 2 times free cash flow at <$100M market cap if you buy the OTC instead of the Toronto stock.

Glacier Media Inc.

Sanjeev said he was buying at the $1.55 level and maybe a bit higher. The stock is now down to $1.15 following negative comments from a BMO analyst who was previously a big supporter. Market cap is now $103 million and it is pretty illiquid.

Cardboard

That would be my guess.

Glacier Media Inc.

Cardboard

That would be my guess.

And suddenly it's up 5% on higher than average volume today.... :D

I wouldn't have a clue from what has been said in this topic but I'm very curious... A very wild guess assuming you aren't not telling us because of liquidity reasons: IBM. Reasonable shorter-term downside in case of market sell-off, good per share growth, moat, cheap, good capital allocation, Buffett pick, ... Exactly the kind of stock in which one can put plenty of money while still being able to sleep at night. Shorter term it won't provide incredible upside either (50% at best) but in this market that might be just fine.

Anyway, good luck Sanjeev!

Can't help but wonder if it isn't Aeropostale, a recent significant decliner that continues to get pounded....

Applying an average net profit margin of 7% to LTM sales of $2.3B, normalized EPS is 2.05. Backing out cash of 1.27 from a $9 stock price gets you to 3.8X earnings, well below Sanjeev's 7X PE target entry point  8)

Troubled retailer is likely to be a 9-foot hurdle so unlikely.

No, at worst it's a stable earner without growth or (close to) net-net that at most hit a temporary setback or is misunderstood.

Relevant posts made by Sanjeev:

I've Seen in the Last Three Years! 

Sorry, can't tell you, but I've got a crap load of cash I can put to work in this one.  :o  Cheers!

Some sort of five-for-one burger coupon?

That would be awesome!

Any hint about the sector ??? !!!

Is it listed on NYSE/NASDAQ ??? !!! ??? !!!

Yes, I'm quite well-known as a stock-tease!  LOL!  Cheers!

North-American and listed.

Will you be making a reveal once you've established your position?

Also, can you say if it's on this board already?

Maybe!  ;D  Already almost 10%, but if it gets cheaper we may max out near the 25% self-imposed limit. 

Cheers!

Actually, I'm not buying anything and it was just a way to get you guys to throw out ideas!  Look at all those guesses!  ::)

No, just kidding.  I am buying a lot of something.  A real disconnect between economics and valuation...not speculative...not a 9-foot hurdle.  Always amazing how these opportunities present themselves when you apply some patience...and in an era of overblown, overvalued assets out there.  Cheers!

parsad, is it an idea where you are long or short?  Short, it could be tesla.  Long I have no idea, some hints? Market cap? Sector?

Long.  You guys are too smart.  I start giving details and somebody on here will figure it out...guaranteed!  Cheers!

parsad, is it an idea where you are long or short?  Short, it could be tesla.  Long I have no idea, some hints? Market cap? Sector?

Long.  You guys are too smart.  I start giving details and somebody on here will figure it out...guaranteed!  Cheers!

You want us to figure it out. Why else would you have posted this?!

Yes, I do want you to figure it out...but I can't make it a "gimme". 

The only clue is that some of you are on the right track and some of you aren't.  Cheers!

Come on guys.  Our moderator is just pulling our leg as we all know that there is no such thing as great opportunity or a $100 bill laying on the sidewalk in an efficient market.

I'm planning some consulting gigs, presentations and then I will write a book about the idea..."You're Welcome Planet Mars"...how one man's investment idea will save the entire solar system!  But the numbers I'll present regarding the investment will run from the lowest price I bought at to some arbitrary point in time where the stock has done very well, and then I'll use some formula to extrapolate how my returns dwarf Warren Buffett's returns.  Cheers!

Btw this post could refer to 2001: A Space Odyssey, which then could refer to my pick: IBM (via HAL9000...). JK! I know it's a reference to Harry Long's book... I'm biased because of my own IBM position so ignore this. :D

Edit: It couldn't really be a reference.. I thought the monolith was found on mars, not the moon. ;)