What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

APPF - this is in the same bucket as my PCOR and ADSK that I've been building. Might not be the fastest grower, but the runway is so long within the SMB segment and APPF's ability to move upmarket and challenge inferior competitors in the enterprise segment will ensure this is eventually a $20B stock. Don't know when it'll happen but it will.

18 hours ago, bargainman said:

what is your thesis on this?

I have a small position betting on a few biotech companies as I expect the industry to do well with lower interest rates.

PACB specifically dropped 18% yesterday on some preliminary earnings that seemed fine to me, full results will be reported tomorrow. I believe this was an overreaction and want to capitalize on this.

6 hours ago, valueventures said:

What are your thoughts on $LMN valuation after the significant run-up in price post-spinoff?

It is expensive tbh there's no denying on that. The starter position (really small) is more for me to be obligated to study it more further. I believe the current price won't be sustainable in the short term and I might increase my position when the price goes lower but that is after I try to thoroughly study the communications and media verticals it resides and perhaps deem the valuation can be right that time who knows.

UNTC

10% of market cap in cash

25% dividend yield, clean balance sheet. 8ish years of production left.

Company has profitable assets it’s liquidating conservatively worth $600m+ vs $400m market cap. Not including the recently sold land, which will be another $5.50 per share in cash.

Edited by Malmqky

On 1/9/2024 at 1:59 PM, Paarslaars said:

I have a small position betting on a few biotech companies as I expect the industry to do well with lower interest rates.

PACB specifically dropped 18% yesterday on some preliminary earnings that seemed fine to me, full results will be reported tomorrow. I believe this was an overreaction and want to capitalize on this.

Strange that Oxford Nanopore was also lower on news so far as I can tell but Illumina was largely unchanged or higher even.

10 hours ago, Malmqky said:

UNTC

10% of market cap in cash

25% dividend yield, clean balance sheet. 8ish years of production left.

Company has profitable assets it’s liquidating conservatively worth $600m+ vs $400m market cap. Not including the recently sold land, which will be another $5.50 per share in cash.

Woah, sounds interesting. Was the recency drop from $65 to $41/share due to some dividend payments or capital returns?

edit: ok I’ve found the thread for this name. Looks like it was a big special dividend.

Edited by Stuart D