What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

I looked at $CFG, which is a local bank to me and did not like their reports all that much. I agree its cheap though, but it does not look all that well run.

Cheap, nice dividend, well capitalized, buying back stock. One should do decently well here. Although not betting the farm on it. 

3 minutes ago, Masterofnone said:

Repurchased a portion of BRKB sold above 370. "Trading around a core". Or just to keep me amused.

Buying BRKB around 1.3x bv and selling around 1.5x bv has made me a lot of money over the years. Thanks for the reminder, I think it’s closing in on this lower bounds 🙂

Just now, Masterofnone said:

Repurchased a portion of BRKB sold above 370. "Trading around a core". Or just to keep me amused.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BRK.B trade down to the 315/sh range on this move.  Everything is going A-OK for Berkshire the company, with 5.5% T-bill yields and a great super-cat outcome in Florida this year.  Berkshire will probably show a lot more "cash" in t-bills at quarter end than people expect - since they have been trimming uninspiring equities and probably didn't repurchase much stock during Q3.  Berkshire is doing great.  But the share price will head where the indices and ETFs that dominate the daily trading of BRK go.  Most Berkshire shares just don't trade.

Picked up a few shares of JOE. It's starting to look interesting again, but  I already am overweight in JOE.  If it keeps getting cheaper (and they keep firing on all cylinders), I'll add more, but these are "great company at fair prices", not "motivated seller" prices right now. 

Added more GOOGL, and started a position on AMZN. The return to positive Free Cash Flow (and the relative and absolute magnitude!) is a very good sign of the increasing Operating Income (through increased revenues and reduced costs), together with a more mindful Cap Ex spending. In addition the growth in AWS with relation to AI/ML forebodes good things to come.

image.thumb.png.e2c7e3c76816af2e98a6cc2056a715ea.png

Edited by keegomaster