What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

AG small position

Silver to gold ratio is currently 77:1. Historically it trades closer to 50:1.

Current global consumption is 1b oz annually and production is 800m oz.

Silver use in the auto sector from 2002-2020 has grown from 2m oz to over 40m oz. This is mostly outside of EV production which would increase demand even more.

Solar panel production has seen similar demand increases 2m oz - 85m oz over the same time period. This is trending down from 100m in 2017 due to increased efficiency in solar panel technology.

I think the electric vehicle boom is starting to kick off. Add in solar panels and the demand for silver is going to grow from an industrial perspective over the next decade.

I'm not a gold/silver bug by any means, but the current situation seems interesting enough to take a small position.

ENB and TRP; average dividend is +7%

Sold my Suncor for small gain. Decided to shift my energy holdings exclusively into the 2 pipelines above (doubled my position in each). Oil stocks are cheap; however, my guess is economic growth is going to be weak moving forward as covid cases spike.

Bottom line, whoever wins the US election is going to inherit a brutal economy. Normally gridlock is perceived as being a good thing for the stock market. If we do not get a stimulus bill before the election and then we get a split congress the economy will suffer.