What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Added some more FRPH last few days. Just kinda hoping they start waking up to the fact that the current state isnt going to cause a rerating on its own. 

Yeah I've picked up a share here and there on slight dips. I've learned from CLPR though ultimately is the market which needs to be convinced - not me, not management, not the "enlightened few" true believers. So I am real strict with the position limits on stuff like this.

8 minutes ago, LC said:

Yeah I've picked up a share here and there on slight dips. I've learned from CLPR though ultimately is the market which needs to be convinced - not me, not management, not the "enlightened few" true believers. So I am real strict with the position limits on stuff like this.

100%, I like it and am a long term, stubborn holder. But like pcyo(which I’ve largely moved on from), I wanna start seeing some consideration for our time and patience. If the apex of allocation is a 2% buyback during a generational market panic…I need more than that. If they sell a great asset and state that they will either find a suitable home for the money, or return it to shareholders, 6 years later I’d like to see some return of capital. 

No complaints really, just some grumbling. But they need to start cultivating a public market identity. A special dividend machine? A slow and steady regular buyback machine? Whatever, but it needs to be something. 

Edited by Gregmal

On 9/27/2024 at 5:34 PM, moneyball said:

Over last two days have been increasing my china exposure. Hard to buy stocks and materially increase positions that in some cases are up 50% from some cost basis trades, but think that there is a real chance that risk adjusted returns have increased and despite material performance, high quality companies are cheapest in the world. 

Still have some struggle with how much China exposure to have though because of some of the risks we all know.

Same for me.

Bought more FRPH in one of my portfolio that had lower weighting

As I was sharing a lot of the analysis, I realized that the valuation is actually the most attractive in 3 years and we are going into a rate cutting environment. I decided that I need to add the weighting to one of my portfolios. 

I've been buying a little every day of some of my very small positions to get them to 1%.  I don't want to take big bites until I sell off a couple of things that I went overweight on (I overbought OXY and hope to sell the higher cost shares in a month and get the tax loss and still maintain the position.  I also overbought GOOG on the selloff and plan to trim it whenever it gets over 20% of my portfolio, which I should've done before the big drop).

Very small positions:  CROX, NEP, EPD, VET, PM, and lately RTO and VRRM.  

1 hour ago, BG2008 said:

Bought more FRPH in one of my portfolio that had lower weighting

As I was sharing a lot of the analysis, I realized that the valuation is actually the most attractive in 3 years and we are going into a rate cutting environment. I decided that I need to add the weighting to one of my portfolios. 

I need to take a look at this again, I was frustrated last time as it is so illiquid.  But I am guessing you are the one that just push this into the 3 handle?