Got This Today

1 minute ago, Xerxes said:

For a moment I misread Thebeau as Trudeau of Canada. 

Don’t know who Thebeau is, but clearly that person has some issues that needs working. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, gfp said:

That was thebeau to greg in the thread I linked a few posts up

Yea that was one of the most bizarre exchanges Ive had with anyone. Guy tells us all we're idiots because we dont understand the future of investing. Says housing is going to crash big time. Says his top positions were Moderna and Tesla in late Q4 2021. Disappears for 2 years. Then comes back claiming he's been in cash and Im a San Fransisco real estate bull, which, out of all the things Ive ever been accused of, is probably the most headscratching LOL.

7 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea that was one of the most bizarre exchanges Ive had with anyone. Guy tells us all we're idiots because we dont understand the future of investing. Says housing is going to crash big time. Says his top positions were Moderna and Tesla in late Q4 2021. Disappears for 2 years. Then comes back claiming he's been in cash and Im a San Fransisco real estate bull, which, out of all the things Ive ever been accused of, is probably the most headscratching LOL.

If he ever comes back, I'll send him an email and say that your real name is Paul Pelosi. 

3 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea I don’t get the hostility. If you don’t like something just don’t pay it any attention lol 

My guess is either borderline personality disorder or some serious insecurity.  With the former it would explain the outbursts and attacks from any perceived slight.  With the latter, I've seen that up close from an old boss that I had.  If you are incompetent and insecure then you can't receive feedback because anything that isn't praise feels like an attack. 

Even after my old boss retired she would rant about things we had done since she left when she ran into someone from work on the metro or in a restaurant. But when someone told her that her former protege had a death in the family, she didn't even send an email. What a horrible way to go through the world and deal with people. 

I am not going to spend $24k a year for a Bloomberg terminal as I can't (so far) justify how it will increase my returns significantly over far cheaper and sometimes free alternatives.  

But a $50 lifetime payment to have intelligent people contest my reasoning and perspectives on multi thousand dollar purchases?  That pays for itself on even a 4 figure portfolio.

If I ever post a nasty message complaining about the price of COBF you'll know I've started working at McDonalds.

Sanjeev, thanks for managing a great forum. The fact you have been able to keep it going for +20 years is amazing. The stuff i have learned, and the value i have received over the many years has been priceless - it has been a life changing experience for me and my family. More recently, the relationships built has been icing on the cake. 

Agree! Thank you for keeping this forum going despite all the distractions. It's an impressive accomplishment that has allowed us to learn a lot, talk about a wide range of companies and meet folks from around the world. 

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

You know, it does sound a lot like that guy!  I never deleted his account...is he complaining about his cheap ass friends that he can't bring on to agree with him...or does he want to set up multiple accounts for free to agree with whatever he posts?

Cheers!

@Parsad I really appreciate what you have to put up with in managing this site.  I’d been a longtime browser for free but as I neared retirement and was going to want to manage my retirement accounts myself, I discovered that the modest fee to join is worth it many times over, just for the insights others are willing to share here.  So sorry you have to put up with this kind of crap and hope you realize how much the vast majority of us owe to you….

6 hours ago, Xerxes said:

For a moment I misread Thebeau as Trudeau of Canada. 

+1, I thought Parsad brought back the political forum all of a sudden 🤣.

5 hours ago, ValueArb said:

I am not going to spend $24k a year for a Bloomberg terminal as I can't (so far) justify how it will increase my returns significantly over far cheaper and sometimes free alternatives.  

As someone who has spent way too much unhealthy time on the terminal, it is not worth the money unless you own/manage a fund with substantial AUM. The terminal is only of use when you want to use it monitor portfolio, for fixed income stuff & micro analyses (shipment volume etc) the rest is available for free or much cheaper on the internet.

Also, The Beau guy seems to be not past his 30, there is now way a grown man is typing that. Using McD shifts as degradatory while boasting about how he retired, probably a troll from r/WSB. There is no way he compared the forum to substacks lmao, they only tend to be opinion pieces or echochambers. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, whatstheofficerproblem said:

+1, I thought Parsad brought back the political forum all of a sudden 🤣.

As someone who has spent way too much unhealthy time on the terminal, it is not worth the money unless you own/manage a fund with substantial AUM. The terminal is only of use when you want to use it monitor portfolio, for fixed income stuff & micro analyses (shipment volume etc) the rest is available for free or much cheaper on the internet.

Also, The Beau guy seems to be not past his 30, there is now way a grown man is typing that. Using McD shifts as degradatory while boasting about how he retired, probably a troll from r/WSB. There is no way he compared the forum to substacks lmao, they only tend to be opinion pieces or echochambers. 

He once told us he is retired and was previously the CFO of a major public company lol 

But I agree. He once said something about San Francisco mooning and I had no idea what that even meant and only after google helped was I able to determine it’s a slang term used by 15 year olds 

Edited by Gregmal

People who write a letter like this obviously have a mental issue. Growing up everyone knew someone who simply could not stop being a jerk, I deal with the odd one at work and immediate inform them our services are booked until 2030 earliest. 

They are mean children trapped in an adults world and should be pitied, mature adults don’t call other people losers, sending an insult is a big sign of self loathing. 

I'm sorry that parsad has to get that type of correspondence but just imagine being married to that person lol. He probably beats his dog and doorman too. Sad stuff

So as a former CoBf user, he should be grandfathered in except he ragedeleted his account ? This makes zero sense.

Also substack is laughable as an alternative. First of all it’s long format content mostly and second most of the content is paywalled and you pay probably more than $50/ year to get access to content from one person. So the $50 in lifetime membership fee for thecobf.com looks very cheap compared to subscribing to substack.

He may be right about user engagement declining here though. I think there are less posts than there used to be. It might be because the markets have been so boring and just slowly grinding up.

41 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

So as a former CoBf user, he should be grandfathered in except he ragedeleted his account ? This makes zero sense.

Also substack is laughable as an alternative. First of all it’s long format content mostly and second most of the content is paywalled and you pay probably more than $50/ year to get access to content from one person. So the $50 in lifetime membership fee for thecobf.com looks very cheap compared to subscribing to substack.

He may be right about user engagement declining here though. I think there are less posts than there used to be. It might be because the markets have been so boring and just slowly grinding up.

If it is the guy most people think it is, then the paywall worked, because I have his email address, home address and phone number and his full name!  I politely asked if he sent me this.  We'll see if I get a response. 

In terms of the site, I didn't put it together to simply make money off of it or create the ideal forum for investors.  The original intent was to create a community for the people I knew in Omaha and other parts of the world who were BRK shareholders...then it grew to add FFH shareholders.  From there, it organically grew to what it is. 

Not necessarily better or worse than before, but an ever changing community not any different than one we all live in.  There have been thousands of friendships formed from this site...numerous great ideas that have made people wealthy beyond their dreams...but more importantly than anything else, it is a community...forever changing! 

Cheers!