Happy Thanksgiving to Our American Members!

Parsad

Happy Thanksgiving everyone -- I'm thankful for the wonderful education I've received on this site over the past couple of years!

Spek: looks great! ... are those ... mini marshmallows?  Lucky!

Tritip on the weber kettle at our house... turkey scares me!

19 hours ago, WFF said:

Looks like an awesome set of hotpot!  

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Thanks for all the bantering/insights/ideas/etc.

Yes, this is hotpot. We got various meats, Chinese mushrooms, fish cakes and fish and veggies/salad to boil. It has been a family tradition for us on Thanksgiving. Had ours a day early because my wife is on call on Thanksgiving (although no call yet 👍)

Hotpot is in this part of Europe called fondue, it has been out of fashion for a couple of decades, I think, but it's certainly great!👍 Compose and prepare your own dish based on a buffet of suited raw materials and you own discretion, taste and preferences, and then comsume it, while having a good time and a great meal together with people you like to spend time with doing the same.

12 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

Hotpot is in this part of Europe called fondue, it has been out of fashion for a couple of decades, I think, but it's certainly great!👍 Compose and prepare your own dish based on a buffet of suited raw materials and you own discretion, taste and preferences, and then comsume it, while having a good time and a great meal together with people you like to spend time with doing the same.

LOL!  Although the flavor profiles are a bit different.  Cheers!

14 hours ago, Gregmal said:

watermelon art

Amazing!

To clarify on the Hot Pot / Fondue, there are different types of fondue.  Most people associate it with cheese, but I am particularly fond of Fondue Chinoise, which is very thin slivers of meat put in broth then eaten with sauces & also Fondue Bourgignonne, which is bits of beef cooked in oil.

Happy Thanksgiving to all for yesterday & thanks given to Sanjay for the community here.