What are you listening to ? (Music thread)

Spekulatius

On 6/4/2024 at 1:34 AM, whatstheofficerproblem said:

I had a dream that I was big ranch owner, maybe it was all the Yellowstone I watched, but I subconsciously recalled this.

You will be missed, Toby.

Nice one, I didn't know him! 

2 hours ago, Luca said:

Nice one, I didn't know him! 

Blasphemous, they should ban foreign investors who don't know Toby from investing in the domestic US markets. 😤

On another note, glad you posted Bruce, reminded me of this banger:

What I'd give to go back into that BMW, windows down on the I-75 blasting this full volume.

1 hour ago, Luca said:

The song is from 1975 Spek!!!

Here is something older, 1964, but an extremely influential song as it was the first hit based around the use of power chords and distortion. The Kinks were a very influential group that unfortunately were banned from touring in the US from 1965 to 1969. This song can't be that old because I remember it on my transistor radio!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, boilermaker75 said:

Here is something older, 1964, but an extremely influential song as it was the first hit based around the use of power chords and distortion. The Kinks were a very influential group that unfortunately were banned from touring in the US from 1965 to 1969. This song can't be that old because I remember it on my transistor radio!

I saw Van Halen do this in Mobile (one of the all time best performances I've ever seen). Low Budget is a great album. Dave Davies is a guitar god.

Edited by DooDiligence

19 hours ago, boilermaker75 said:

Yeah, someone told me that the Kinks really invented hard rock and they may be true, just listening to this live performance. My mom told me about the Kinks - she said, they were it when the Beatles seemed old fashioned.

And yes, a song from 1975 can qualify as old now almost 50 years later.

Highly recommend catching tonight's Late Show With Stephen Colbert.  Billie Eilish and her brother Finnegan perform one of the most extraordinary live performances I've ever seen on a talk show or SNL.  Her voice is incredible, and the music Finnegan writes puts him up there with some great song writers.  I wish I had a clip...probably be on there in the next couple of days.  Cheers!

12 hours ago, Parsad said:

Highly recommend catching tonight's Late Show With Stephen Colbert.  Billie Eilish and her brother Finnegan perform one of the most extraordinary live performances I've ever seen on a talk show or SNL.  Her voice is incredible, and the music Finnegan writes puts him up there with some great song writers.  I wish I had a clip...probably be on there in the next couple of days.  Cheers!

Here it is!

(Reminded me to rewatch one of my favorite late show live appearances, which I’m not saying is better, but still rocks, so sharing so others can enjoy:

4 hours ago, ElstonG said:

Here it is!

(Reminded me to rewatch one of my favorite late show live appearances, which I’m not saying is better, but still rocks, so sharing so others can enjoy:

That was brilliant!  Fantastic vocals, symphonic bursts, and a calacaphony of blazing guitars.  Awesome!  Cheers!

1 hour ago, rkbabang said:

This. In my opinion this video is the best version of this song by any artist (even far better than Disturbed's studio version).

Oh nooooo!  Original Simon & Garfunkel is a classic...perfect!  Especially while watching The Graduate!  Cheers!