What are you listening to ? (Music thread)

Spekulatius

On 1/18/2024 at 6:08 PM, changegonnacome said:

The Sam Cooke version remains untouched - but I find myself going back to this Al Green performance every few months to hear my theme song (so to speak):

Great music! What a voice and passion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have always found musical discovery so much better on Spotify than Apple Music.  However for those that like melodic house and electronic I rate this playlist updated weekly from Apple. This week’s set has some crackers. Probably showing my age but some great Ambient House vibes.

THE UNDERGROUND

If your idea of an amazing night out is a black-box room with sweaty walls, one light bulb, a banging system and a sign on the door that reads “no phones or photography allowed,” then this set is for you. Indulge in an open-minded mix of avant-garde house, techno and other forms of dance music that fall comfortably, intoxicatingly left of centre. We update this playlist every week. If you like a track, add it to your library

IMG_1405.thumb.jpeg.d53e9ae68a04708b807e972bb713b7a7.jpeg

Link

Apple's had a year now to learn what I like (jazzy, funky, lofi with stabs of Les Claypool) but it still sends questionable recommendations. I've never tried Spotify but might give it a whirl.

image.thumb.png.4d85b686821319da07383071884d062d.png

It’s easy to hear how hip-hop descended from jazz: Not only are both rooted in Black expression, but both depend on that alchemical confluence of rhythm and mood we call flow. So when we say “jazz” here, it isn’t jazz in the traditional sense but jazz as filtered through hip-hop pioneers like Q-Tip, Madlib, and J Dilla before being passed down to a whole new generation of beatmakers whose music—low-key, chilled-out, intricate but subtly so—tweaks the sound while keeping tradition intact. Our editors update picks here regularly, so if you hear something you like, add it to your library (IOW, get off your bum and curate some mix tapes bc we're kinda meh at it).

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/lo-fi-jazz/pl.1c1744bbc1174cf2880c53b302d428a0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude just strolls out and wails on Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm learning this song now and it's the most complicated piece I've ever played. If I play it reeeally slow I can get the octave jumps at the top with my LH 2 and RH 5 fingers (if you know, you know). Never mind trying to sing it just yet. FM is a legend.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

I love this song, but the choreography is out of this world:

Listened a lot to it last few weeks, really great song and great video.