Coronavirus

spartansaver

And James Woods is an acknowledged expert on the subject how? What specifically are his qualifications. Oh, yes, he is a Trump supporter so he must be right.

Woods has a lot more common sense than you do on this subject!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! So when its a liberal actor/athlete mouthing off, they deserve to be heard and are applauded for their activism. When its a Republican then we revert back to disparaging the fact that he is just "famous" and not really qualified to give an opinion. Again, interesting.

Ha! So when its a liberal actor/athlete mouthing off, they deserve to be heard and are applauded for their activism. When its a Republican then we revert back to disparaging the fact that he is just "famous" and not really qualified to give an opinion. Again, interesting.

You are generalizing.  Nobody on this board is quoting Liberal actors.  The painful thing about the James Woods' quote was that it provided no information -- just his opinion, and oh yeah it matters 'cause he's famous.

James Woods likes Trump and not Obama, so gee whiz guys, you Liberals surely have no answer to that one!  Quite silly.

It’s about the content. Mitt Romney has been critical of Trump’s COVID response - rightly so IMO.

No, Cubs was quoting Woods as he was some sort of expert. Great actor, but I don't think he qualifies as an independent expert. And no one here to my knowledge was quoting any of the many actors who don't agree with Trump.

Actors are not necessary to quote as there are so many experts available who disagree with Trump

No, Cubs was quoting Woods as he was some sort of expert. Great actor, but I don't think he qualifies as an independent expert. And no one here to my knowledge was quoting any of the many actors who don't agree with Trump.

Actors are not necessary to quote as there are so many experts available who disagree with Trump

He may just very well be a Trump expert:

The case was moving along... and then something bizarre happened. Abe List (whoever that is) died (unexpectedly, apparently). Woods then took to Twitter to obnoxiously gloat about "winning" the case, leaving out the fact that the case was ending due to the death of the defendant. After people pointed out to Woods how ridiculous it was that he was gloating over a "victory" when someone had died, the ever classy Woods, gloated some more, first saying he hoped that List died "screaming my name. in agony" and then later saying: "Learn this. Libel me, I'll sue you. If you die, I'll follow you to the bowels of Hell. Get it?"

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170103/16424336399/confirmed-horrible-person-james-woods-continues-being-horrible-winning-awful-lawsuit-to-unmask-deceased-online-critic.shtml

Since you guys are enjoying James Woods - this one is even better:

Let’s face it. Donald Trump is a rough individual. He is vain, insensitive and raw. But he loves America more than any President in my lifetime. He is the last firewall between us and this cesspool called Washington. I’ll take him any day over any of these bums.

He may be an actor, but he makes a lot more sense than you guys.

Oh, he loves America says some old actor. Checkmate I guess?

Reminds me how Trump immediately threw America under the bus unprompted as soon as Putin was attacked in an interview...

But that's off topic.

Can we stop wasting time on someone who can't reason his way out of a paper bag and get back to COVID19.

"Can we stop wasting time on someone who can't reason his way out of a paper bag and get back to COVID19."

It is hard to ignore the Trump Troll, when he makes so many misinformed statements and ignores all sense and logic. Unfortunately, Trump and his actions has such a major impact  on what will happen with with COVID 19 it is hard to separate the two subjects.

May be people here dont understand.  Trump won because many stopped believing the "experts" and "pundits"

Here is an example, after telling people to

Clean and disinfect, not to wear masks and stay home.

They are telling may be

it doesn't spread that much by surfaces, masks are important, Covid spreads more inside than outside.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-coronavirus-mainly-spreads-through-persontoperson-contact-and-does-not-spread-easily-on-contaminated-surfaces-153317029.html

CDC: Coronavirus mainly spreads through person-to-person contact and 'does not spread easily' on contaminated surfaces

“Based on the epidemiology, we know that the main way this virus is infecting people is from direct contact with other infected people,” Adalja says. “Contaminated surfaces play some role, but it’s likely much smaller.” It also makes sense, too, he says: “This is a respiratory virus, and respiratory viruses largely spread through breathing in infected respiratory droplets.”

Watkins agrees. “It might be possible to become infected after touching a surface that has the virus, then touching one's face,” he says. “That is why handwashing and avoiding touching one's face are important. However, this isn't the main way the virus is spread.”

So let me ask few questions to the "experts" and "pundits" here who think everyone who disagrees with them are imbeciles and idiots.

Do people touch each other more inside or outside?

Do people breath other peoples exhale inside or outside?

Do shelter in place keep you inside or outside?

Brazil is actually looking quite similar to the US now. Anti-lockdown protests, supported by the president. Health ministers have resigned. None of that in the US so far. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/05/18/world/brazil-jair-bolsonaro-supporters-coronavirus/#.XsSXX8pE2hA

Other similar places, people are defying the Venezuela lockdown because of economic hardship. In that country this means actually going hungry, instead of missing the rent check. https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/venezuelans-defy-lockdown-and-growing-epidemic-to-return-to-work-1.1438393

So let me ask few questions to the "experts" and "pundits" here who think everyone who disagrees with them are imbeciles and idiots.

Let me ask Investor20 a few questions:

Can people get COVID-19 when they never have contact with someone who is infected?

If you are in your house with uninfected people, will the virus magically teleport through the walls into your bloodstream?

Do you really believe this ridiculous argument you keep making and everyone keeps ignoring because it's so stupid?

I mean, I get it. You really want the world to reopen.

Sure, it's better being outside with someone who is infected than being inside with someone who is infected. But it's better not coming into contact with infected people at all.

Let me ask Investor20 a few questions:

Can people get COVID-19 when they never have contact with someone who is infected?

If you are in your house with uninfected people, will the virus magically teleport through the walls into your bloodstream?

Do you really believe this ridiculous argument you keep making and everyone keeps ignoring because it's so stupid?

I mean, I get it. You really want the world to reopen.

Sure, it's better being outside with someone who is infected than being inside with someone who is infected. But it's better not coming into contact with infected people at all.

Richard, its impossible to have zero interaction even under strictest shelter in place. And more closer interaction for longer periods increases the chance of transmission.

Richard, I believe there are several data points IMO support my stand.

NYC showed people staying home are much more hospitalized than people such as health care workers, police, public transport workers.

Cuomo called that data "shocking".

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-gov-cuomo-says-its-shocking-most-new-coronavirus-hospitalizations-are-people-staying-home.html

Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

In this survey Staying Home 66%, Nursing home 18%, Assisted Living 4%.  Gives total 88% who are indoors who are hospitalized for Covid.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/cuomo-ny-frontline-workers-test-positive-for-covid-antibodies-at-lower-rate-than-rest-of-state/2415595/

NY Frontline Workers Test Positive for Antibodies at Lower Rates Than Rest of State

The 3.1 percent of NYSP that tested positive is far lower when compared to the 12.3 percent of the general population of upstate New York who tested positive for antibodies.

In Japan they had no shelter in place and only masks, cleaning hands and disinfecting and they have very low Covid deaths.

https://www.nippon.com/en/news/ntv20200430002/

Less than 30 percent of those surveyed in Japan say they work remotely. The poll conducted jointly by the country’s Labor Ministry and the “LINE” social messaging app also showed that in many prefectures less than 5 percent work from home.

In Japan they had no shelter in place and only masks, cleaning hands and disinfecting and they have very low Covid deaths.

I also thought it was very interesting what Cuomo said.  Why is the administration only ordering proper masks to be produced for front-line workers?  Trump is visiting one such plant this Friday, and Trump had to be told that he must wear a mask (and this no doubt is because Pence showed up at Mayo without one, and claimed he didn't know about their mask requirement).

I also thought it was very interesting what Cuomo said.  Why is the administration only ordering proper masks to be produced for front-line workers?  Trump is visiting one such plant this Friday, and Trump had to be told that he must wear a mask (and this no doubt is because Pence showed up at Mayo without one, and claimed he didn't know about their mask requirement).

The reason I hear from watching interviews like this which I posted in this thread before is SARS, MERS effected SE asian countries or Middle east but did not come to western countries.  May be there is more travel today or may be Covid is more infective.

But what ever it is, these countries learnt and made preprations to have masks and technology to make testing kits. However, western countries were not ready.  That is the explanation given around 17 minutes onwards for few minutes by Dr. Kim Woo-joo.  He claims Korea has low infection because of washing hands and masks. And then around 19 minutes he explains why Korea was ready for testing.

They are trying now to make masks in US.  But it is not the same as being ready when it comes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/we-went-inside-the-gm-plant-making-coronavirus-face-masks-heres-what-it-looked-like.html

We went inside the GM plant making coronavirus face masks. Here’s what it looked like

"Can we stop wasting time on someone who can't reason his way out of a paper bag and get back to COVID19."

It is hard to ignore the Trump Troll, when he makes so many misinformed statements and ignores all sense and logic. Unfortunately, Trump and his actions has such a major impact  on what will happen with with COVID 19 it is hard to separate the two subjects.

Yea, tell me about it - the guy who moves from one anti-Trump hoax to the next, never getting it right.

You'd rather defeat Trump than the corona virus.