Buffett/Berkshire - general news

2 hours ago, Parsad said:

Am I the only one that thinks Munger, who always looked older for his age, has recently aged better than Buffett? 

At 98, Munger mentally seems extremely sharp, whereas Buffett seems to have slowed down a bit at 91.  Warren still looks good for 91, but he seems to be laboring a bit during the meeting now. 

We're so lucky to have received their wisdom for so long, hopefully they have much more time left.  Cheers!

During the Q&A Warren Buffett seemed to be rambling.

Edited by adesigar

4 minutes ago, Mephistopheles said:

What happened to Greg and Ajit? Did I miss something?

They are only in the morning session.

In the morning session, Vice Chairmen Charlie Munger, Ajit Jain and Greg Abel will be available to answer questions from both the audience and Becky. Ajit handles insurance operations and Greg is in charge of all other operations. If questions are asked that are relevant to either of these areas, Becky or the on-premise questioner will get an answer from Ajit or Greg. Neither of them, however, will be available for questions at the afternoon session. 

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/meet01/visguide2022.pdf

Edited by fareastwarriors

Buffett was hilarious today. Good laughs.  

Funny, how he described how Oxy and Alleghany came about. Investment by coincidences and chance. So his mental bandwidth and attention is really the deciding factor between cash pile going down or not. 

Edited by Xerxes

I had trouble finding it on YouTube in the morning. I think it was meant to be a exclusive on CNBC.com. Not even on the CNBC feed of YouTube. 

for those looking for a replay, they did say it would be included in the CNBC Buffett archive. I don’t think there is a firewall there. 

8 hours ago, adesigar said:

During the Q&A Warren Buffett seemed to be rambling.

Definitely rambling. Especially during the annual meeting portion. Repeated some stories a couple times too - like the origin/importance of Ajit Jain. Made

me worry a touch about dementia.

I’d like to think the rambling was just his excitement about answering questions in front of a live audience after a few years of pandemic-induced isolation.

But, I know better. The old boy’s gettin on up there in years. He’s still smart as a whip. It’s amazing that nonagenarian brain is still able to hang in there for six solid hours.

It's odd because Warren seemed sharp in the Charlie Rose interview.  Perhaps it was edited and condensed?

Took a quick reminisce tour through the CNBC annual meeting archive starting in 1994, and skipped every 5 years.  Warren still seemed pretty sharp even last year.

TBH it gives me pause as BRK is my largest holding.  He has noted that the board will know when to take the keys away - but lets be honest - these people have adored and loved him for decades.

They say an experience is not only valued on the whole but particularly based on how it ends.  I hope my last impressions of the GREATEST OF ALL TIME are not what we saw today.  

I thought I would never say this, but perhaps it is time Warren retired.

-CM

^^^ Don't know about that. Could be as simple as the guy didn't get enough sleep. Berkshire Annual Meeting 

week is a long grueling affair for both of these gentlemen.  I'm definitely not worried about one rambling 

performance.

6 minutes ago, LearningMachine said:

What do folks think Buffett bought beyond Y, CVX, OXY, HPQ, and BRK?  

Wonder what he sold? 

image.png.7d069ce093608342dad5953c25b2415f.png

well he didn’t buy any Y yet. He bought 9.5% of ATVI. He bought a little more of all

5 Japanese trading companies. He bought a couple German stocks and one more foreign stock I can’t recall. No idea what was sold. 

1 hour ago, Thrifty3000 said:

Definitely rambling. Especially during the annual meeting portion. Repeated some stories a couple times too - like the origin/importance of Ajit Jain. Made

me worry a touch about dementia.

I’d like to think the rambling was just his excitement about answering questions in front of a live audience after a few years of pandemic-induced isolation.

But, I know better. The old boy’s gettin on up there in years. He’s still smart as a whip. It’s amazing that nonagenarian brain is still able to hang in there for six solid hours.

you ignored another problem. The questions are the same every year. So he had to repeat himself, or maybe adding some details