What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Yup. Major new fundamental development lol. Morgan Stanley says underweight. 

IF, you believe the Boyar Value rhetoric on MSGN, you're basically buying the entire thing for less than Boyar thought the Network piece was worth. 

Disclosure, I do not. I think Boyar was frequently wrong about the value of the Network...as Ive detailed several times in other threads. But I do think its both easy to justify the price action(poor sentiment, muddled merger financials, covid, NY, shit technicals, etc) and also hard to justify it(now arguably trading at less than the value of EITHER the Garden or the Networks)...personally I dont care. Its good to have something thats an obvious buy in a market full of whats largely meh...

RE sentiment: https://www.wsj.com/articles/alibabas-u-s-shares-fall-to-lowest-since-2019-as-china-cracks-down-11629240410

Another factor pressuring U.S.-listed Chinese businesses is Afghanistan, said George Ball, chairman at the investment firm Sanders Morris Harris. He said traders worry that China’s potential growing influence might empower the Chinese government to enact even more stringent regulations. “The American inability to deal with the threats in Afghanistan is making traders think that China is going to be all the more stronger,” Mr. Ball said.

Poor man's covered call on BABA:

BOT BABA JAN 20 '23 100 Call Option 82.10 USD

SLD BABA  AUG 27 '21 185 Call Option  1.50 USD

Net cost $80.60

Either a 10-12% return in a bit more than a week if the short call goes in-the-money, or I can keep selling calls, possibly rolling them up, chipping away at the $9 time value in the long call.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:00 PM, TwoCitiesCapital said:

+1

Hadn't considered to check the NAV, but ultimately this should act as a super leveraged exposure to rising 20-year rates which was my intention. 

if the 10 year treasury were to hit 2% by year end, what kind of ballpark return would pfix earn? thanks.

4 hours ago, wescobrk said:

if the 10 year treasury were to hit 2% by year end, what kind of ballpark return would pfix earn? thanks.

Hard to say exactly - depends on volatility and etc since these are options. Also, the benchmark rate is the 20-year and not the 10-year. 

But my best guess is that it'd probably be in the ballpark of ~40-50% returns for a similar move in the 20-year treasury with no additional curve steepening between the 10- and 20-year rates. 

On 8/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, fareastwarriors said:

Picked up more shares of MSGE at $62.50.

Can't wait for 50s...

It should have nothing to hold it back now with the September booster shots for everyone.  The Israeli data on the effectiveness of a 3rd booster shot against Delta shows this to be so.

Edited by ERICOPOLY