What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Started a position in GoodRx post-earnings selloff. Will look to add if there's further selloff post-lockup expiration. Surprised there's not more talk on this one on the forums.

Start a thread! It looks interesting.

I bought some CURI last week. Bit pie/sky -ish in terms of subscriber growth potential but it seems like the product is a good value and has ancillary markets (libraries, schools, museums, etc.) rather than a home consumer target.

Also bought some Alibaba, for reasons everyone has mentioned. The market is already pricing in all the regulatory worry and none of the growth potential. Maybe the market is right but I feel the current price already reflects that.

But wait, there's more: https://www.wsj.com/articles/beijing-asks-alibaba-to-shed-its-media-assets-11615809999

I bought some CURI last week. Bit pie/sky -ish in terms of subscriber growth potential but it seems like the product is a good value and has ancillary markets (libraries, schools, museums, etc.) rather than a home consumer target.

Also bought some Alibaba, for reasons everyone has mentioned. The market is already pricing in all the regulatory worry and none of the growth potential. Maybe the market is right but I feel the current price already reflects that.

But wait, there's more: https://www.wsj.com/articles/beijing-asks-alibaba-to-shed-its-media-assets-11615809999

Bought some CURI as well. LC can I ask whether you truly believe the ancillary businesses add value for the next 2-3 years, I was seeing it as a pure "Non-Fiction Netflix"/content creator, as far as I can tell they havent actually signed anyone up for the "sponsorship" business yet.

Also picked up some Reliance and Infosys (ADRs). Surprised that all the EM "hype" hasnt led to stronger demand in Indian bluechips, but expecting it to come at some point. And market is significantly undervaluing the Jio platform and the ability of Mukesh Ambani to extract every once of value out of the Indian consumer base.

Not sure but they do have some Toyota testimonial on their website, and published Sprint as a sponsor back in 2018 (not sure if still a sponsor). I would imagine you could start watching a bunch of documentaries on the service and see which corporate pre-rolls pop up :D

Bought some CURI as well. LC can I ask whether you truly believe the ancillary businesses add value for the next 2-3 years, I was seeing it as a pure "Non-Fiction Netflix"/content creator, as far as I can tell they havent actually signed anyone up for the "sponsorship" business yet.

Also picked up some Reliance and Infosys (ADRs). Surprised that all the EM "hype" hasnt led to stronger demand in Indian bluechips, but expecting it to come at some point. And market is significantly undervaluing the Jio platform and the ability of Mukesh Ambani to extract every once of value out of the Indian consumer base.

What ticker are you buying for Reliance Industries ADR?

DFH after earnings

Those order and backlog numbers are stunning.

Sun Belt homebuilder on absolute fire? Dont pull my leg now! Who'd have seen that coming?

Anyhow, painfully averaged up on the pullback in APTS. Still think there's probably $20 per share or so of upside over the next year or two given the profile of the company and especially the leveraged balance sheet.

DFH after earnings

Some of the backlog is acquired (not sure how they broke that out) but yeah, I agree with you.

I have never owned a homebuilder before, and some would argue that owning a homebuilder in a potentially rising rate environment won't end well, but I don't think the demographic, affordability, and tax trends driving people there are going away any time soon, and the business model is built to generate a profit even if closings fall.

What ticker are you buying for Reliance Industries ADR?

RIGD - London based I think (GDR not ADR sorry but still traded in USD).

DFH after earnings

Sun Belt homebuilder on absolute fire? Dont pull my leg now! Who'd have seen that coming?

Anyhow, painfully averaged up on the pullback in APTS. Still think there's probably $20 per share or so of upside over the next year or two given the profile of the company and especially the leveraged balance sheet.

APTS - nice idea here Greg - thanks much!

DFH after earnings

APTS - nice idea here Greg - thanks much!

No problem my man!

If you are bullish on that region the portfolio is incredible. Boner worthy even. Probably one of the most misunderstood and under recognized REITs out there. Similar in a lot of ways to CLPR. The majority of the mortgages are long term and fixed rate. Collections across the board have been incredibly strong. MF properties are class A in every sense and newest amongst any public company. Unique development pipeline and strategy....and of course the preferred shares, which are almost unanimously detested but quite genius in their purpose. Probably worthy of a thread but quite a lot to cover and Im somewhat lazy.

Yup, yup. Meanwhile the uninformed are focusing on whether they can cover the dividend or not and how come the release showed they lost money last year!! Try plugging in modest price appreciation on Sun Belt assets and see what that does to the equation! Actually just try marking the current portfolio to market instead of gross reported GAAP based asset value...

APTS1.thumb.png.d84651d09f311f60ece26479fc6452b7.png

APTS2.thumb.png.4b011e3805530f8b465d4487dadd0f16.png

APTS looks quite interesting, Thanks. 98% are fixed mortgages at a weighted average interest rate of around 4% with less than 3% of them maturing in the next 2 years. Almost full occupancy even during the pandemic. Common equity is a sliver of the EV and the calls on the common then become an option on an option. If only there were some LEAPs, it would be even more fun.

My recent adds were BABA and spin-off VNT.

VNT looks interestingly GARP-y.

Well we have a thread about this. it is currently overearning due to the upgrade cycle for gas stations coming to an conclusion, but I think it will transform over time.

It got the DHR heritage and that means they are likely good operators and capital allocators. I am expecting them to exercise the right to buy out Tritium, the manufacturer of EV chargers.

https://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/investment-ideas/vnt-vontier/msg433727/#msg433727

Took a wee little starter in OSCR and CPNG.

I looked at both S-1 and I can come to terms with CPNG but what is really OSCR business model, is it like LMND for health insurance. Their numbers look atrocious.

Both GOOG health care IPO‘s AMWL and OSCR look underwhelming to me.