What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

19 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Long la liquidityless litigation liquidation. Bought $30k worth of GYRO. Might buy more if I feel lively and can get some stock.

Ha! I look at it every day on my screen, shake myself, and say "you owned it for four years a decade ago, remember?".

It's getting very close to actually unlocking all that value but I'll never get any of it because I'm that cat that once stepped on a hot stove.

1 hour ago, Spekulatius said:

Bought a starter in $JCI this AM. The stock seems to be down based on their underwhelming forecast for 2024 but other than that it looks like a very solid industrial around commercial  building automation / HVAC at a reasonable price.

Thank you for this. I researched this a couple of years ago and never bought, but like the company. I'm going to start a small 0.5% position here as well and catch up on what has happened with the company.  

39 minutes ago, CorpRaider said:

$LUV. 

I sold $30 ATM calls for January on a quarter of my position yesterday and a few $27 January calls last week . I'm up to an 8% position which is a little bigger than I wanted to be in the name. Too much LUV? I'm a bit shocked it is down 5% today on no news. 

7 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

bought my first bio liquidation, THRX 

I saw this one when I was looking into Mirati but didn't pay close attention. You thinking it will get done at $3.80? Seems like THRX is toast if it isn't and they had CEO and Med Chief depart which is a data point. 

13 minutes ago, lnofeisone said:

I saw this one when I was looking into Mirati but didn't pay close attention. You thinking it will get done at $3.80? Seems like THRX is toast if it isn't and they had CEO and Med Chief depart which is a data point. 

I am following Clark street value into this. There’s more than one activist involved. CEO is already out so I think they will liquidate..

22 hours ago, sleepydragon said:

I am following Clark street value into this. There’s more than one activist involved. CEO is already out so I think they will liquidate..

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize Clark street was into this. I do think they will. $3.8 + CVR is probably the right price and it's a matter of timing. 

On 12/13/2023 at 11:29 AM, Ross812 said:

Thank you for this. I researched this a couple of years ago and never bought, but like the company. I'm going to start a small 0.5% position here as well and catch up on what has happened with the company.  

@Ross812 I followed JCI for years, but never owned it. years ago, it was predominately an automobile supplier (batteries, car seats) and while looking cheap, it’s wasn’t that interesting to me. They have post GFC totally restructured  and transformed it by 2019 into an industrial focusing building (fore, AC, control etc) and that’s a much  better business. I recently just got aware of this when I read their earnings report (I typically skim though current earning reports especially when the there is move ent in share price and like what I see. it’s not deep value but cheaper than it should trade imo.

Anyways, it’s a small position for me still, but I added a smidge this Friday. So far, I have not see any yellow or red flags besides the light guidance for Q1 2024. Let me know what you find out when researching JCI.

About to close in my 5th piece of residential real estate in the last 12 months. Looking forward to holding steady at this point and waiting for an opportunity to refinance as rates come down. 

These purchases are only about 30% LTV overall so they’ve been tying up a lot of capital causing me to really concentrate my stock investment portfolio in the meantime. 

On 12/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, sleepydragon said:

On 12/16/2023 at 11:53 AM, lnofeisone said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize Clark street was into this. I do think they will. $3.8 + CVR is probably the right price and it's a matter of timing. 

Yesterday was a great day for THRX, was able to pick up shares for only $3.70 and shares traded as low as $3.68. Unfortunately bouncing back up today.

Everytime I open my account screen in interactive brokers and it's down near two month lows I get depressed, then snap out of it and realize it's opportunity I'm smelling (er I mean "money" Mr Vannett) and find something like THRX inexplicably in the dumper.  Now when my account is up near two week highs its starting to depress me.