What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Nobody's buying today?

I bought some BX (Blackstone) at $24.25.

I'd be careful with this one. Essentially, this is a leveraged bet on the S&P500 and the credit markets.

I'm confident in their management. Like Brookfield they're able to raise large sums of money to invest. And by far they're the largest private equity player out there who will snap up some bargains if things go south.

Added today to my "probe" of LUND B.ST [L E Lundberg Företagen AB ser. B, Sweden] from the beginning of November '15 [about six fold], so that it is now about 1,2% of total portfolio.

I'll never understand making anything 1% of a portfolio.

Added today to my "probe" of LUND B.ST [L E Lundberg Företagen AB ser. B, Sweden] from the beginning of November '15 [about six fold], so that it is now about 1,2% of total portfolio.

I'll never understand making anything 1% of a portfolio.

I'm building positions over time. Most likely I'll buy more of this thing later.

Picking away at some energy names. Just like Seth....

13F Insights: Seth Klarman Says Goodbye To Deep Value

NOVEMBER 16, 2015

Seth Klarman's Baupost Group is trading in deep value stocks for flawed commodity ones, or so it would seem. Unless, of course, you're one of those that believes commodities can be considered deep value. In which case, you probably shouldn't be reading this to begin with.

Now to the fun - Klarman added 47% to his Cheniere Energy (LNG) position, which is still the fund's largest holding - making up 18% of the portfolio.

It kept the Viasat (VSAT) position steady - 2nd largest - and added Alcoa (AA) to the portfolio ti make it the 3rd largest holding.

With that - Klarman's exposure to the materials industry goes from nil last quarter to 14%. And Energy stocks still make up 39% of his portfolio.

Cheniere is not a play on commodity prices, that might sound ridiculous considering it sells liquid natural gas, but the core theme behind the investment is not a rebound in commodities prices.  Actually you could make a very good argument that low natural gas prices, and even low oil, will help Cheniere bc it is a low cost provider.  The company gets paid a fixed fee from customers.  Any rebound in international LNG prices is just additional upside.

Picking away at some energy names. Just like Seth....

13F Insights: Seth Klarman Says Goodbye To Deep Value

NOVEMBER 16, 2015

Seth Klarman's Baupost Group is trading in deep value stocks for flawed commodity ones, or so it would seem. Unless, of course, you're one of those that believes commodities can be considered deep value. In which case, you probably shouldn't be reading this to begin with.

Now to the fun - Klarman added 47% to his Cheniere Energy (LNG) position, which is still the fund's largest holding - making up 18% of the portfolio.

It kept the Viasat (VSAT) position steady - 2nd largest - and added Alcoa (AA) to the portfolio ti make it the 3rd largest holding.

With that - Klarman's exposure to the materials industry goes from nil last quarter to 14%. And Energy stocks still make up 39% of his portfolio.

Cheniere is not a play on commodity prices, that might sound ridiculous considering it sells liquid natural gas, but the core theme behind the investment is not a rebound in commodities prices.  Actually you could make a very good argument that low natural gas prices, and even low oil, will help Cheniere bc it is a low cost provider.  The company gets paid a fixed fee from customers.  Any rebound in international LNG prices is just additional upside.

what is the core idea behind the investment?