What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought NCTY . Firefall game is great I like it. The licensing deal alone is worth more than currrent market cap

I don't keep up with the industry like I used to but I do know that it's a brutal, brutal place to invest. Look at all publicly (or formally) traded companies in the field. Off the top of my head:

Majesco

Midway

EA

Nintendo

Konami

Activision

Eidos

Take Two

The only one that I think has beaten the market over the past decade is AVTI. Some of the other ones (Midway, Majesco) you would have gotten crushed. Heck, look at TTWO - even with GTA it still would've been a poor investment over the past decade (decent over 15 years).

Bought NCTY . Firefall game is great I like it. The licensing deal alone is worth more than currrent market cap

I don't keep up with the industry like I used to but I do know that it's a brutal, brutal place to invest. Look at all publicly (or formally) traded companies in the field. Off the top of my head:

Majesco

Midway

EA

Nintendo

Konami

Activision

Eidos

Take Two

The only one that I think has beaten the market over the past decade is AVTI. Some of the other ones (Midway, Majesco) you would have gotten crushed. Heck, look at TTWO - even with GTA it still would've been a poor investment over the past decade (decent over 15 years).

Thank you, this is a good list.

:)

according to the media "small caps are still expensive" but this recent sell off has created some incredible value in select names in my opinion.  CHEF, MSO, EZPW are all names that I think can double in the next 2-3 years with solid downside protection.

some of the special situation names have gotten destroyed as well as they are over owned by hedge funds, and hedge funds are the first guys to cut their losses and run in a sell off.  BKS is a good example.

happy to discuss any of the above.

Just do the opposite what I do and everyone will make a fortune.

I bought wells for the first time a week ago thinking I'm going with the safest bank and then watch a 10 percent decline. I know as value investors it's great to buy more but it was already a full position for me.

according to the media "small caps are still expensive" but this recent sell off has created some incredible value in select names in my opinion.  CHEF, MSO, EZPW are all names that I think can double in the next 2-3 years with solid downside protection.

some of the special situation names have gotten destroyed as well as they are over owned by hedge funds, and hedge funds are the first guys to cut their losses and run in a sell off.  BKS is a good example.

happy to discuss any of the above.

Ya I noticed all my US small caps are taking a beating. These stock vary a lot but it seems like the market just paints them all with one brush......

hope this ends soon