Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Message Board - 11th Anniversary!

Parsad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say thanks to Sanjeev and the individuals who chose to post on this board. In the past 10 years my financial position has improved dramatically; as a result, my quality of life had improved dramatically. Without this board I would be in a much different place today.

And I look forward to the next 10 years with great anticipation.  :)

-------

Sanjeev  ( and Fellow Board Members)

I second Viking's well expressed gratitude statement above! 

In my view , your "board " and its members provide what I think must be the best exposure to

practical "Deep Value " oriented investing information ANYWHERE .

Your work here could also justly be named : The Parsad Value Investing University

Thank you all for sharing such interesting and valuable information over the years.

GreenWave

Ditto all the great comments everyone has been making. This is a great site!!!!

+100!!  :)

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

Thanks very much everyone!  It's been my pleasure.  I think Ericopoly used the words "life changing" and I'm proof of that! 

Before I started the board, I was still in a funk 10 years after my father died...I was working to help raise my 9-year old brother with my widowed mother...and this wonderful stock called Berkshire Hathaway popped up on my radar screen.  A couple of years later and the original version of this board was started. 

All the friends I've made...in the industry and outside of it.  The wonderful partners that are part of our funds...both still with us and those that have moved to greener pastures.  And of course, my comrades who I talk to everyday on this board...debate with, laugh with, and hang out with in one wonderful value investing binge in Toronto!  My life is a joy that I never imagined.  Cheers!

Happy Anniversary Parsad !

And Thank you for even approving me to post on here. This place is an oasis of knowledge I love it.

A few questions *puts on interview/journalist hat*:

- who was the most surprising person you've ever interviewed ? As in did you have any expectations about certain individuals who blew them out of the park or changed your perception ?

- Who had the most peculiar investment advice you'd ever heard ?

- What are the 3 best pieces of advice you've ever gotten ?

- What do you love the most about this board ?

- What originally attracted you to investing and how do you think that's had an impact on your life & happyness ?

- In the next 5-10 years where do you see the board going ?

Sanjeev you deserve a lot of credit for creating and maintaining this board. You charge no fees and impose no requirements for one to participate in this community of like minded individuals. . Although I'm rather new to this board and in the earlier stages of mastering the art that is value investing, I am mindful of the value (no pun intended) this board provides to all its participants. Thank you - I really mean it.

Cheers!