Giverny Capital and / or François Rochon - General News

Over the years, Giverny Capital and  / or François Rochon has been brought up for discussion here on CoBF several times related to interviews etc.

Here, I'm taking the initiative to start a separate topic about all kind of news related to Giverny Capital and / or Mr. Rochon, because I think we miss such topic here on CoBF here in the General Discussion forum.

Mr. Rochon [or Giverny Capital, for that sake] hasen't been mentioned a lot here on CoBF, but it has happened now and then.

Personally, I like a lot that he doesen't appear self-promotional, and his track record is to me really impressive.

In my personal opinion, we should talk and discuss more about non-promotional & humble money managers with good track records and their doings, than about self-promotional money managers with mediocre and louzy track records.

- - - o 0 o - - -

For starters :

Giverny Capital - Annual Letter 2023.

@KCLarkin @Luca I agree. With non- promotional managers, there isn’t much to talk about. What you can do is check their portfolio. Governed capital has some compounders in them that are less talks ed bout like AME, KEYS, FI. MEDP. I wish I had paid more attention to MEDP when it sold off, for example. With the Motley Fool Jim Gillies has been pounding the table for them, and yet I ignored it.

I think Giverney has a great hand selecting stocks and they don’t change their portfolio too often, so the signal/ noise ratio is pretty good if you track them.