Russia-Ukrainian War

38 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

Please elaborate a bit, @ValueArb, as I did not understand this post of yours in the first place.

I believe he's equating RFK Jr's noted anti-vaccine stance with why he also doesn't like NATO. As NATO acts as a 'vaccine' to the 'disease' of Russian expansion. Correct me if I've misunderstood, of course.

I also wonder if RFK's parasitic brain worm has been influencing his thoughts (literally) on vaccines. Strange fellow.

35 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I believe he's equating RFK Jr's noted anti-vaccine stance with why he also doesn't like NATO. As NATO acts as a 'vaccine' to the 'disease' of Russian expansion. Correct me if I've misunderstood, of course.

I also wonder if RFK's parasitic brain worm has been influencing his thoughts (literally) on vaccines. Strange fellow.

That is also the way I understood it. 

RFK Jr is a tough guy to read, some of the things he talks about and complains about are spot on, and you dont hear the other two candidates say a peep about those problems/issues, so in that regard I think he’s great..but then sometimes some of the things he comes out of left field with, its like WTF are you talking about man, you sound like the crazy uncle who spends too much time in the conspiracy corners of the internet. 

I think in many other election years he would get an automatic pass from most voters, but since this year we have, yet again, two horrible and embarrassing choices, all of a sudden RFK looks more normal/rational than he probably would otherwise. No way RFK wins, but I would like to see numbers higher than Ross Perot at least in hopes that maybe someday we can get away from the two party system, especially since over time that division has become so drastic, there used to be left leaning conservatives and more right leaning liberals, it was more of a grey line…but that line is pretty well established now and it doesn’t seem to really represent what the majority are looking for. 

1 hour ago, Blugolds11 said:

That is also the way I understood it. 

RFK Jr is a tough guy to read, some of the things he talks about and complains about are spot on, and you dont hear the other two candidates say a peep about those problems/issues, so in that regard I think he’s great..but then sometimes some of the things he comes out of left field with, its like WTF are you talking about man, you sound like the crazy uncle who spends too much time in the conspiracy corners of the internet. 

I think in many other election years he would get an automatic pass from most voters, but since this year we have, yet again, two horrible and embarrassing choices, all of a sudden RFK looks more normal/rational than he probably would otherwise. No way RFK wins, but I would like to see numbers higher than Ross Perot at least in hopes that maybe someday we can get away from the two party system, especially since over time that division has become so drastic, there used to be left leaning conservatives and more right leaning liberals, it was more of a grey line…but that line is pretty well established now and it doesn’t seem to really represent what the majority are looking for. 

Agree we pretty much have to have a viable 3rd party to get out of this mess. 

Been reading Alexis de Tocqueville’s The Old Regime and the Revolution and the similarities to present America are a little scary. 

You have the Democrats telling the poor that the country is screwing them and was set up from the beginning to screw them, but at the same time is doing very little about it and is being run for the benefit of the left leaning rich. You have the GOP pointing out the hypocrisy of the Democrats on this point but at the same time too married to the business owners to actually help. Then you have a country that has never been better off financially for say the top 20% but the country is more frustrated and dissatisfied than ever. 

All of this is exactly how he describes France from say 1770 to 1789. Both sides are fomenting the anger of the poor but give them no choices. 

Edited by Eldad

23 hours ago, John Hjorth said:

Please elaborate a bit, @ValueArb, as I did not understand this post of yours in the first place.

RFK Junior is most famous in the US for being an anti-vaxxer, he believes they have egregious side effects that science is unable to discern. I was just using poetic license to compare his position on the Ukraine & Russia to his anti-vaccination stand.

Like my college professor, you found my creative writing unclear, and like her, gave me a failing grade.

6 minutes ago, ValueArb said:

RFK Junior is most famous in the US for being an anti-vaxxer, he believes they have egregious side effects that science is unable to discern. I was just using poetic license to compare his position on the Ukraine & Russia to his anti-vaccination stand.

Like my college professor, you found my creative writing unclear, and like her, gave me a failing grade.

Thank you very much, @ValueArb ,

This reply of yours is to me just soo awesome, thank you!

Fascinating how much interia a given military-industrial complex has. Be it Russian or Americans. 

It takes a major conflict to reset that inertia and introduces new ways. And then a new set of “best practices”, new doctrines establishes itself and runs for decades with a new interest groups entrenching themselves.  

Edited by Xerxes

19 hours ago, ValueArb said:

Claims of uprisings in southern Russia today.

I wouldn't call it an uprising. More like a terrorist attack. I'm following this through Russian telegram channels. Here is what the YouTube guy is missing other than being unable to pronounce Makhachkala (maha - ch - kala with emphasis on last a in kala). 

1) A handful of armed individuals (I've seen at least 4 on videos and heard a claim of up to 8 ) attacked a church where they beheaded a priest and a synagogue where they shot police guards.

2) Attacks happened in two cities simultaneously. 

3) The high police loss is because the terrorists were heavily armed and attacked mostly unsuspecting police officers and their outposts. Most losses are amongst the police and posted obituaries show it's mostly locals. 

4) I've only seen reports of 2 lightly injured ros  guard (RosGvardia) personnel

2 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

I wouldn't call it an uprising. More like a terrorist attack. I'm following this through Russian telegram channels. Here is what the YouTube guy is missing other than being unable to pronounce Makhachkala (maha - ch - kala with emphasis on last a in kala). 

1) A handful of armed individuals (I've seen at least 4 on videos and heard a claim of up to 8 ) attacked a church where they beheaded a priest and a synagogue where they shot police guards.

2) Attacks happened in two cities simultaneously. 

3) The high police loss is because the terrorists were heavily armed and attacked mostly unsuspecting police officers and their outposts. Most losses are amongst the police and posted obituaries show it's mostly locals. 

4) I've only seen reports of 2 lightly injured ros  guard (RosGvardia) personnel

Yea, that's why I said it was a claim. I see reports like these every so often, but so far none has rolled up into anything significant since Wagner's revolt so I've ignored them. This seems more like it was over religion, not politics.

14 hours ago, ValueArb said:

Yea, that's why I said it was a claim. I see reports like these every so often, but so far none has rolled up into anything significant since Wagner's revolt so I've ignored them. This seems more like it was over religion, not politics.

Totally get it. News are all over the place on this one so I am sharing what I am seeing on telegram. 

On 5/30/2024 at 6:39 PM, ValueArb said:

Unclear to me. Latest order included 48 “launch stations”, 644 missiles, and 12 latest radar systems. First (2018) order included 2 “batteries”. So maybe it’s 14 batteries total?

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2023/06/29/us-state-dept-clears-15b-sale-of-missile-defense-system-for-poland/

saw this in the AW. 
left column where I am pointing. 

8 batteries in total. 
it is fortress Poland indeed. 

IMG_1248.thumb.jpeg.cd743bc75ea1981e53b6da793f96596a.jpeg

Highly interesting no matter what your opinion on this war is. Also questions about North Korea, all with great subtitles.

Note: I can not guarantee correctness of subtitles 😄