Russia-Ukrainian War

32 minutes ago, no_free_lunch said:

There is a jewish leader in the country and a Muslim defense chief.

The other meme going is that Ukraine is run by Satanists.  I am not kidding. So it's run by Jewish Nazi Satanists according to these theories. 

Really this is all an obvious attempt to derail the conversation. These theories are made by fools and for a level of iq below anyone on this board.

Let's talk about the tens or hundreds of thousands killed this year and last.  This ongoing casualty count.  If all you got is some made up history I got nothing much else to say to you other than I know what you really are doing.   It's not to get to the bottom of current events. 

Made up history?  So Shushkevich and Bandera  and their men did not kill hundreds of thousands of Poles and Jews?  Their statues are not all over Ukraine?

One important part of the history is the mass murder of Ukrainians by the Soviets. 

Early estimates of the death toll by scholars and government officials vary greatly. A joint statement to the United Nations signed by 25 countries in 2003 declared that 7–10 million died.[e] However, current scholarship estimates a range significantly lower, with 3.5 to 5 million victims.[8] The famine's widespread impact on Ukraine persists to this day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Pick your number, either way it was a genocide.

The soviet system continues to be honored in Russia..

7 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

That story with Canadian parliament and the retired-Nazi-pensioner goes to show how just superficial everything is. 

we went looking for a guy who fits the narrative….. Opppps 

ya it goes to show that for the west, this war isn't about understanding it or what's best for Ukraine. It's about looking good in front of the cameras. Canada is an embarrassment. I'm ashamed to be Canadian. It's clown college up here. 

Edited by 50centdollars

16 minutes ago, 50centdollars said:

ya it goes to show that for the west, this war isn't about understanding it or what's best for Ukraine. It's about looking good in front of the cameras. Canada is an embarrassment. I'm ashamed to be Canadian. It's clown college up here. 

if you permit me. You are ashamed of the current Government. But the flag and the nation are awesome.  

ps: It could have been worse. In a sheer hysteria Nazi boy could have given a mighty Hitler salute in our Parliament.  

Edited by Xerxes

On 9/23/2023 at 10:51 PM, no_free_lunch said:

Those are not related. The southern border, yes there are costs but it's more enforcement is the issue.  You can do both.

You totally miss the issue. Americas become more and more upset with a president hell bent on protecting Ukraine’s border, while he destroys our own. There is no Southern border anymore- it does not exist.

these issues are totally related as they are enforced by the same administration.

these issues are costing Biden big support at home

Edited by cubsfan

5 minutes ago, no_free_lunch said:

I am sure you can protect both your own border and arm Ukraine.   These are not linked.  At the US border, I suspect we are seeing the far left Biden agenda play out with the open borders.  I would support and encourage you to secure your border.  However, that in no way is prevented by the Ukraine spend.

No kidding. The southern border is the most serious issue the USA has..it’s a layup to secure that border. America is losing its support for Ukraine when the hypocrites in DC protect another country’s sovereignty. 

10 hours ago, 50centdollars said:

who voted these clowns in?

Something tells me you might enjoy this Twitter account 😂

https://x.com/trudeaus_ego/status/1706453975061475605?s=46

Sad to see Canada and the US in the state they are in. Politicians are so out of touch with what the people want or what’s best for both countries it’s starting to look like France just before the chateaus started burning. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John Hjorth said:

Its scandalous, was such a severe attack on the economy and its citizens, a shame it went so much under the rug. Also hilarious how collectively everybody here thinks their government doesnt know what its doing and that the people are incompetent. The hierarchies are corrupted! True for the US, Germany, Canada, doesnt matter which country. 

2 hours ago, Castanza said:

Something tells me you might enjoy this Twitter account 😂

https://x.com/trudeaus_ego/status/1706453975061475605?s=46

Sad to see Canada and the US in the state they are in. Politicians are so out of touch with what the people want or what’s best for both countries it’s starting to look like France just before the chateaus started burning. 

lol that's my favorite account. I heard the Liberals tried to get that account banned. Fuck Trudeau and his Liberal retards.

2 hours ago, Luca said:

Its scandalous, was such a severe attack on the economy and its citizens, a shame it went so much under the rug. Also hilarious how collectively everybody here thinks their government doesnt know what its doing and that the people are incompetent. The hierarchies are corrupted! True for the US, Germany, Canada, doesnt matter which country. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/nord-stream-2-germany-bears-responsibility-for-ukraine-war-minister/

It is scandalous, but no less scandalous than the fact that these pipes were build in the first place:)))

Edited by UK

3 hours ago, Luca said:

This actually a bit funny, @Luca,

From the JP front page :

image.thumb.png.048a76bd8931ba2d84293b8356070188.png

This Marchen Neel Gjertsen [the woman to the right] is actual the editor in chief at JP, and running a podcast with her colleague, the podcast called 'Under the rug'. 😅

She is a neat piece of eye candy, 38 years old, and appointed to the position not so long ago. The theme is all kinds of critical stuff and dirt digged up in Danish politics and such stuff about Danish politicians at power. I think I started reading her stuff about eight years ago or so, and I thought she was a real real PITA. Today I must say I really like her. Here it's just unheard of to get appointed editor in chief at age 38. She is very good, and she likely still has a very long runway, where tiny Denmark becomes too tight for her at some time in the future, I think.

Edited by John Hjorth

1 hour ago, John Hjorth said:

This actually a bit funny, @Luca,

From the JP front page :

image.thumb.png.048a76bd8931ba2d84293b8356070188.png

This Marchen Neel Gjertsen [the woman to the right] is actual the editor in chief at JP, and running a podcast with her colleague, the podcast called 'Under the rug'. 😅

She is a neat piece of eye candy, 38 years old, and appointed to the position not so long ago. The theme is all kinds of critical stuff and dirt digged up in Danish politics and such stuff about Danish politicians at power. I think I started reading her stuff about eight years ago or so, and I thought she was a real real PITA. Today I must say I really like her. Here it's just unheard of to get appointed editor in chief at age 38. She is very good, and she likely still has a very long runway, where tiny Denmark becomes too tight for her at some time in the future, I think.

Thanks for sharing, good you found some fountain of refreshing views on today's politics. I continue to enjoy Sahra Wagenknecht for quality alternative viewpoints regarding Ukraine, Covid etc. Hated and loved by many in our country 🙂

Thank you, @Luca,

Yes, I practice gallows humor [German : Galgen witz, Danish : Galgenhumor] to mentally cope with and to mentally survive the madness thats going on here in Europe. It is for sure needed.

I have started to follow Sahra Wagenknecht, based on the content of your last post. My spoken German is a bit rusty, but I have no problem taking care of dailyday activity by speaking German, while in Germany, while I have absolutely no problem with understading all shades and nuances of the German language spoken or written. [Insufficient active vocabulary, because of lack of practice].

I also feel like a touchy bitch when our North American friends here on CoBF talks about money and starts blending US South border security into this European warfare matter.

It concerns preventive measures in relation to 1st or 2nd order effects in relation to other and European NATO member states in case the situation escalates further. If our common North American CoBF members cannot or will not understand this, then I am not able to explain it.

Just to try to trigger some kind of embarrassment into our fellow North American CoBF members with such stance, I will try to dig up some factual data about how Denmark has behaved in relation to Ukrainian refugees coming to Denmark since the war in Ukraine started.

@Luca,

Nassim Taleb would express it as "You simply don't have the same skin in the game as your North American friends on CoBF." -Period.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Edit :

Bloomberg [September 26th 2023] : Erdogan Says Turkish Approval of Sweden NATO Bid Hinges on F-16s.

Just Recep Tayyip Erdogan oportunistic modus operandi.

Edited by John Hjorth
  • Like 1

@John Hjorth, as US taxpayer, I do not have a problem with welcoming Ukrainian refugees to the US.  I think US will gain mightily from these mostly highly educated and hardworking people.  I do have a problem with a porous border, that allows millions of people from Haiti, Yemen, Africa, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Latin America to cross into the US, people who at best will be a drain on society, and at worst will commit crimes and terrorist acts.  Keep in mind, unskilled immigrants also destroy job prospects and wage growth for unskilled Americans, creating all sorts of social problems - alcoholism, drug addiction, broken families, fatherless children, and the list goes on.

Edited by Dinar

19 hours ago, mcliu said:

Was peace possible if NATO agreed to stop its expansion?

@mcliu,

I have to say I'm actually more than just surprised to see this video clip by Mr. Stoltenberg. Huge red flag. What I'm curious about is a date / time stamp for this statement, and the written statement by Mr. Putin, and its date. I have to admit, that this somehow has skipped my attention.

• Like 1

John,

If you watch the video, the conditions to NOT invade was removal of all allies from the block that had joined since 1997, this includes Poland, Romania, Hungary, and other Eastern European countries.  Why does it matter to him so much, this is not his territory. and these territories were not traditionally part of the Russian empire.  They can join up with whoever they want to.  The EU needs to be a little bit assertive, you are up against a tyrant, you do not need to bow to his rules or demands.

Edited by no_free_lunch

38 minutes ago, no_free_lunch said:

John,

If you watch the video, the conditions to NOT invade was removal of all allies from the block that had joined since 1997, this includes Poland, Romania, Hungary, and other Eastern European countries.  Why does it matter to him so much, this is not his territory. and these territories were not traditionally part of the Russian empire.  They can join up with whoever they want to.  The EU needs to be a little bit assertive, you are up against a tyrant, you do not need to bow to his rules or demands.

Putin is a degenerate, and should not have invaded, nor has he any right to dictate to free nations how to behave, but you lose all credibility with posts like this.  Poland was part of the Russian empire, so were the Baltic States and Finland.  Western Ukraine (Galicia) was not.  

48 minutes ago, no_free_lunch said:

John,

Always reverse the logic and try to think about what the US would do if there would be a chinese/russian "defensive" military alliance that starts to expand around the US and starts talking with mexico about setting up some missiles operated together with mexican military. We saw that happening before and the US got very very threatening with violence.