What Are You Drinking?

Castanza

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a zoom wine tasting tonight, German non-rieslings. Pfeffingen, furst, and Koehler-ruprecht

Interesting - these are vineyards (Pfalz?) not grape varieties. Earthy stuff from that area.

I grew up surrounded by Rieslings vineyards. I could look at the Wehlener Sonnenuhr Rieslings vineyards from school. Good stuff and I can get it NH liquor stores.

I like the Rieslings and other whites from the Finger lakes (upstate NY). They come closest to German wines, imo. There are some Canadian wines from Lake Okanagan area that are equally good, imo. I’d love to go back there. There is a town there that bears the name of our son.

• 1 month later...

So recently I've started drinking water with fresh thinly-sliced fresh ginger.  Love it.

I'll have to try that.  I've been drinking mostly just water with lime juice or black coffee. Trying to loose weight again.  I've been Putting it back on since quitting the paleo diet a few years ago.

So recently I've started drinking water with fresh thinly-sliced fresh ginger.  Love it.

I'll have to try that.  I've been drinking mostly just water with lime juice or black coffee. Trying to loose weight again.  I've been Putting it back on since quitting the paleo diet a few years ago.

You guys are ruining this topic, you know that right?

You guys are ruining this topic, you know that right?

Sorry.  I'll leave you to your discussion about demon rum and other devil juices.  :)

"If you like Scottish Ales, his is a good one, Robert the Bruce."

Three Floyd's is special...just finished a Zombie Dust. Have not had a single beer from them I didn't think was top notch. I've not tried Robert the Bruce, but it's now on the list. If you live near the brewery, the restaurant is a must-try whenever it re-opens.

Guest cherzeca

Live in NYC so its extremely hard to get heady topper. Local shop got 1 case this week. was lucky enough to be there when it got dropped off.

where in NYC?

"If you like Scottish Ales, his is a good one, Robert the Bruce."

Three Floyd's is special...just finished a Zombie Dust. Have not had a single beer from them I didn't think was top notch. I've not tried Robert the Bruce, but it's now on the list. If you live near the brewery, the restaurant is a must-try whenever it re-opens.

Good to know about the restaurant. I grew up in "The Region," a town right next door to Munster. My sister still lives there so next time I visit after the restaurant reopens I'll try it.

Live in NYC so its extremely hard to get heady topper. Local shop got 1 case this week. was lucky enough to be there when it got dropped off.

where in NYC?

I live in Burlington, VT. I remember the days when people (myself included) would line up for an hour or more to get it. Now, it's available at every supermarket, gas station, corner store, etc. here. I still grab some every once in a while, but there are so many other amazing IPAs here in VT. 

where in NYC?

I live in Burlington, VT. I remember the days when people (myself included) would line up for an hour or more to get it. Now, it's available at every supermarket, gas station, corner store, etc. here. I still grab some every once in a while, but there are so many other amazing IPAs here in VT.

Yea everywhere has tons of local brews now. My mom's from Waitsfield, VT. Lawson's paired up with Two Roads in CT and expanded production went from a small brewery like Alchemist to now available across the country.  Alchemist definetly created a buzz with limited supply. Still pretty scarce outside of VT tho. I have noticed since COVID started that places in NYC are getting cases. The spot i bought it was the 3rd place i found with it but the other stores sold out in hours of posting on Instagram. There are better IPAs out now but always have to grab a 4 pack whenever I can.

where in NYC?

CT/ Burlington has some good stuff to drink. We recently stopped by at von Trapp in Stowe and Vermont Artisan Coffee and I loved Citizen Cider in Burlington when we visited a few month ago.

Would be nice to meet for a cold one when this pandemics crab blows over.

where in NYC?

CT/ Burlington has some good stuff to drink. We recently stopped by at von Trapp in Stowe and Vermont Artisan Coffee and I loved Citizen Cider in Burlington when we visited a few month ago.

Would be nice to meet for a cold one when this pandemics crab blows over.

The sweet sound of music. They also make really good cheese if your interested. 

https://www.jasperhillfarm.com/von-trapp-farmstead

We ate out for the first time since early March since we dad an out-of-town visitor and figured eating outside at a restaurant was safer than at home.

I had an Expedition Stout, which was a great Russian Imperial Stout. I will definitely look to picking up a four-pack.

Not surprising it was good because it is brewed by Bells.

Expedition_Stout.thumb.jpg.f7c98d2764f219c6eae7ca6d081d38e6.jpg