Coronavirus

spartansaver

Meanwhile, in Russia:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8282033/Third-Russian-doctor-plunges-coronavirus-hospital-window.html

A third Russian doctor has plunged from a hospital window after complaining about medics facing intolerable coronavirus pressures.

Alexander Shulepov, 37, is fighting for his life with head injuries after taking part in in a video which claimed he was ordered to work despite testing positive for Covid-19.

He and colleagues also warned about PPE shortages in Voronezh city. Later - lying in a coronavirus hospital bed - Shulepov made a second video to retract the claims amid suspicions he was pressured to do so.

On Saturday, while being treated at Novousmanskaya district hospital, the experienced ambulance doctor plunged from a second floor window sustaining skull fractures. He is now in a grave condition.

Two senior women doctors in Russia have died recently after falling from hospital windows amid reports they had challenged their superiors over a lack of PPE for coronavirus patients.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, here's the man in charge of the US response to the pandemic:

"The President says the Spanish Flu of 1917 probably ended World War I" (video)

He just can't help BS about stuff he doesn't know (but stuff he should've learned about months into a pandemic).

I don't like Trump. I think he is a bonehead, immoral douche. In fact, I think Biden would probably do a better job (in some regards). Though I think Biden will continue to sellout the people has he and his cohorts have been doing over the past 40 years. I won't vote for Biden and I might vote for Trump. I say this for a few reasons:

1) I think the media will be far harder on Trump than Biden (look at how the media jumped on Trump and Kavanaugh but aren't hitting Biden that hard). This is like a counter to corruption. The media is far likely to investigate and call out Trump rather than Biden.

2) Biden is of the generation of politicians that have sold out the middle class. He helped build up China while the coasts of this country has prospered and the rest have declined. I drive though places like Zanesville, OH or Washington, PA. These looked like they were pretty nice areas several decades ago. Do you really we would be seeing such class divide if the government held interest rates at 7%? I can guarantee you there would be far, far, far $1 million+ homes around the country. And of course, the stock market would be a lot lower too. A government should not be giving unfair advantages to certain groups of people.

3) I think Trump has the higher probability of blowing up the system. I think huge amount of the system is corrupt (look at college costs, CEO pay, environmental destruction, drug prices, etc). I like the idea of burning things down and starting anew. It's good to have those situations every several decades (though it sucks while it's happening).

I don't like Trump. I think he is a bonehead, immoral douche. In fact, I think Biden would probably do a better job (in some regards). Though I think Biden will continue to sellout the people has he and his cohorts have been doing over the past 40 years. I won't vote for Biden and I might vote for Trump. I say this for a few reasons:

1) I think the media will be far harder on Trump than Biden (look at how the media jumped on Trump and Kavanaugh but aren't hitting Biden that hard). This is like a counter to corruption. The media is far likely to investigate and call out Trump rather than Biden.

2) Biden is of the generation of politicians that have sold out the middle class. He helped build up China while the coasts of this country has prospered and the rest have declined. I drive though places like Zanesville, OH or Washington, PA. These looked like they were pretty nice areas several decades ago. Do you really we would be seeing such class divide if the government held interest rates at 7%? I can guarantee you there would be far, far, far $1 million+ homes around the country. And of course, the stock market would be a lot lower too. A government should not be giving unfair advantages to certain groups of people.

3) I think Trump has the higher probability of blowing up the system. I think huge amount of the system is corrupt (look at college costs, CEO pay, environmental destruction, drug prices, etc). I like the idea of burning things down and starting anew. It's good to have those situations every several decades (though it sucks while it's happening).

That's crazy talk. Biden would be 100x better because he's not a corrupt imbecile narcissistic sociopath conspiracy theorist and he'd surround himself with competent people and listen to them rather than get his ideas from hours of daily cable TV (and not even cable TV generally, but the one channel that tries to tell him what he wants to hear in the first place, making the whole thing intellectually incestuous to the max and a total echo chamber). I'd take George W. Bush any day of the week at this point.

I know that Trump has sold the idea that he's for the the middle class or the blue collars or whatever (while sitting on his gold toilet in his kitch mansion in the sky spending borrowed money and stiffing his contractors, cheating on his wives and sexually attacking a busload of women, and living high on tax-fraud millions inherited from his father), but that's just talk. He's not done anything to help these people, he's destroyed the economy by mismanaging a crisis and weakened institutions and alliances... How's the coal industry or the steel industry been doing since Trump promised to save them?

I get that things need to change and politics as usual sucks. But I want them to change for the better, and you don't do that by putting an incompetent liar who only cares about himself in charge.

It's like if you have a company with kind of mediocre management and you want to improve things. Do you put someone like Trump in charge? I'll take the mediocre management over the actively poisonous one...

That's crazy talk. Biden would be 100x better because he's not a corrupt imbecile narcissistic sociopath conspiracy theorist and he'd surround himself with competent people and listen to them rather than get his ideas from hours of daily cable TV. I'd take George W. Bush any day of the week at this point.

I know that Trump has sold the idea that he's for the the middle class or the blue collars or whatever (while sitting on his gold toilet in his kitch mansion in the sky spending borrowed money and stiffing his contractors, and living high on tax-fraud millions inherited from his father), but that's just talk. He's not done anything to help these people, he's destroyed the economy and weakened institutions and alliances... How's the coal industry or the steel industry been doing since Trump promised to save them?

I get that things need to change and politics sucks. But I want them to change for the better, and Trump is a change for the worse.

For that matter how is the O&G industry doing! BK season starting once again! Even pre-covid it has been decimated 

2) Biden is of the generation of politicians that have sold out the middle class. He helped build up China

Trump is helping China and Russia through withdrawal and isolation of the US, resulting in lost US global influence.  Just look at Trump gripe about WHO favoring China -- Trump himself caused that by failing to fill the vacant US seat at the WHO.

Let's not act like Biden doesn't have a lot of issues with harrassing women (or worse).

https://www.thecut.com/2020/04/joe-biden-accuser-accusations-allegations.html

He has really...really likes smelling little girls. And likes to skinny dip (even when female secret service agents are on duty).

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/08/01/biden-swims-naked-upsetting-female-secret-service-agents-book-claims

I think the Establishment are the ones who have helped China over the past 20 years.

https://www.epi.org/publication/issuebriefs_ib137/

I would've liked to vote for Bernie but the Democrats didn't want him.

Biden would be better if you like the status quo. I don't want the status quo.

Let's not act like Biden doesn't have a lot of issues with harrassing women (or worse).

He has really...really likes smelling little girls. And likes to skinny dip (even when female secret service agents are on duty).

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/08/01/biden-swims-naked-upsetting-female-secret-service-agents-book-claims

I think the Establishment are the ones who have helped China over the past 20 years.

Yea, I dont know but the frauds and hypocrites have been revealing themselves in full color with Biden. At least I've been honest. I could give two shits about how awful a person Trump is or how Biden is a corrupt creep but I could live with him in the WH as well. But the fake contempt people disgusted by Trumps behavior are now showing its all just blabber as they excuse and downplay and rationalize the very same issues with Joe...The #metoo frauds like Milano. Believe all women except when its inconvenient to you, right?

Amash is worth a look for anyone looking for a candidate that is economically conservative and socially progressive. Not to mention respectful and intelligent. When I thought our candidates couldn’t get any worse than Trump and Hillary....here we are...

I’ll leave it at that since this isn’t a political thread.

Amash 2020

Yea, I dont know but the frauds and hypocrites have been revealing themselves in full color with Biden. At least I've been honest. I could give two shits about how awful a person Trump is or how Biden is a corrupt creep but I could live with him in the WH as well. But the fake contempt people disgusted by Trumps behavior are now showing its all just blabber as they excuse and downplay and rationalize the very same issues with Joe...The #metoo frauds like Milano. Believe all women except when its inconvenient to you, right?

Tara Reade doesn't remember what she put in the Senate complaint.  She goes out of her way to draw attention to Biden in her complaint filed with the Senate but then doesn't even mention the assault?  She complained that he made her uncomfortable and so she was assigned a new spot where she would be away from him.  What else are they going to do, reassign Biden?  First she went to law school, then a Biden staffer, then a singer, an actress, a cat lady.  Her history doesn't point to stability -- drama, yes.  Singer, actress -- attention getter.  That said, it doesn't for certain mean that she is lying.  Those people do exist though and instability and drama are red flags hallmarks.

Tara Reade doesn't remember what she put in the Senate complaint.  She goes out of her way to draw attention to Biden in her complaint filed with the Senate but then doesn't even mention the assault?  She complained that he made her uncomfortable and so she was assigned a new spot where she would be away from him.  What else are they going to do, reassign Biden?  First she went to law school, then a Biden staffer, then a singer, an actress, a cat lady.  Her history doesn't point to stability -- drama, yes.  Singer, actress -- attention getter.  That said, it doesn't for certain mean that she is lying.  Those people do exist though and instability and drama are red flags hallmarks.

So she is a mix between Julie Swetnick and Christina Ford....

While your response is a reasonable one, people dont get to play this card. Not after how they behaved with the Kavanaugh allegations. Not after the incessant whining about quality of character with Trump. The presumption of innocence was destroyed by liberals over the past 4 years. You dont get it back because your guy is running. Trump is a narcissistic clown, and Biden is a world class establishment creep. Those are our candidate for POTUS. At least lets treat them the same and stop pretending this is a case of Jesus running against Hitler.

While your response is a reasonable one, people dont get to play this card. Not after how they behaved with the Kavanaugh allegations. Not after the incessant whining about quality of character with Trump. The presumption of innocence was destroyed by liberals over the past 4 years. You dont get it back because your guy is running. Trump is a narcissistic clown, and Biden is a world class establishment creep. Those are our candidate for POTUS. At least lets treat them the same and stop pretending this is a case of Jesus running against Hitler.

Try as they might, the Conservatives cannot wash their hands clean when they find one witness against one Liberal.

Clinton, yes, there were more cockroaches in the kitchen.  When we find another, then another, and another, with Biden we will then know we have a creep.  Not even close yet.

He's almost 80 and he has been in office for decades and all you've got to show for it is a single complaining woman who cannot remember what she complained about in her report.

Try as they might, the Conservatives cannot wash their hands clean when they find one witness against one Liberal.

Clinton, yes, there were more cockroaches in the kitchen.  When we find another, then another, and another, with Biden we will then know we have a creep.  Not even close yet.

He's almost 80 and he has been in office for decades and all you've got to show for it is a woman who cannot remember what she complained about in her report.

He's almost 80 and he has been in office for decades and all you've got to show for it is a single complaining woman who cannot remember what she complained about in her report.

Yea, well, this happened about a dozen years more recently than when Kavanaugh supposedly pulled out his pee pee at a frat party....

Yea, well, this happened about a dozen years more recently than when Kavanaugh supposedly pulled out his pee pee at a frat party....

We can mention that one from one of the women, but I believe the more damaging accusation was this one from Ford as reported by The Guardian: "led her into a bedroom, pinned her to the bed and groped her, attempting to remove the bathing suit she was wearing and putting his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming before she was able to escape."

We can mention that one from one of the women, but I believe the more damaging accusation was this one from Ford as reported by The Guardian: "led her into a bedroom, pinned her to the bed and groped her, attempting to remove the bathing suit she was wearing and putting his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming before she was able to escape."

They investigated that didn't they? Or at least held hearings...now though, they dont want to and no one who was screaming for hearings and investigations is doing so now.... they've exposed themselves as frauds. Remember that stupid and sexist rallying cry about "believe all women" or something? Not anymore? Or just not when the guy you want to be president is accused?

I posted a link with several accusers against Biden - at least 8 that have come forward (some worse than others).  This isn't a one off.

I don't think any have come forward for Bernie.

They don't like the touching, but they are not saying it's sexual harassment.

The quote from one of the accusers, Amy Lappos:  “It wasn’t sexual". 

From another, Vail Kohnert-Yount, "Though she told the Post that she doesn’t believe Biden’s conduct constituted sexual misconduct"

And from Reade herself:  "Reade told the Union that she didn’t feel sexualized by the way she’d been treated".  That's odd, because later she claims he slid his fingers up her skirt and inside her.  Her story changes.

I posted a link with several accusers against Biden - at least 8 that have come forward (some worse than others).  This isn't a one off.

From another, Vail Kohnert-Yount, "Though she told the Post that she doesn’t believe Biden’s conduct constituted sexual misconduct"

And from Reade herself:  "Reade told the Union that she didn’t feel sexualized by the way she’d been treated".  That's odd, because later she claims he slid his fingers up her skirt and inside her.  Her story changes.

You don't think he's a creep? I can admit that Trump is one.

Not even in the same ballpark.  Trump brags about assaulting women because, as he explains it, he can get away with it due to his being a celebrity -- grabs them by the pussy.  It's in his own words on videotape.  That's when he isn't paying off adult film stars to keep quiet about his extramarital affairs with them.

Comparing Trump to Biden is absurd.

Not even in the same ballpark.  Trump brags about assaulting women because, as he explains it, he can get away with it due to his being a celebrity -- grabs them by the pussy.  It's in his own words on videotape.  That's when he isn't paying off adult film stars to keep quiet about his extramarital affairs with them.

Trump brags about doing things that are consensual.  Trump has never bragged about assault. 

this is one of the things that has always bothered me about the way the media twists words.  What is the definition of assault?  When did trump brag about that?

If you're talking about the Access Hollywood tape...the whole thing was a statement premised on his words "when you're famous, they let you do anything."  If you think that fame and money doesnt helped a dude get laid consensually, you don't know how the world works. 

Here is the perspective of a non-American. At some point Americans have to start thinking about what is right for the country and not simply what is best for them. And think about what kind of country they want to hand over to their children. I believe the US will be at a crossroads in November.

If Trump is re-elected for 4 more years i think the US and the world will sustain permanent damage. I am not exaggerating when i say this :-) Trump is tearing the very fabric of American democracy and society. He already governs like a king; if he gets in for 4 more years he will act quickly, aggressively and even more ruthlessly than his first term. Perceived enemies will be wiped out (removed, attacked and beaten). Think of all the things he has learned the past 3.5 years and think about all the injustices and wrongs he needs to ‘pay back’. But he HAS to play nice right now due to the fall election. But i guarantee you he is making plans. US Democracy is toast. US rule of law is toast. Non-supporters are toast (if you do not kiss his ass you are the enemy). He is a very smart, evil and ruthless man. Senate republicans are his servants. If re-elected Trump will have 4 more years to remake America in his own image.

American standing (influence) in the world is at all time lows. Under Trump the US can no longer be trusted. Trump will divide the West and China and Russia will benefit from the anarchy Trump brings. (Russia is the good guy?????). China, and to a lesser degree Russia, are happy to fill the void left by the US.

In some respects, i do believe Trump has been the change agent that many people wanted. Immigration needed to be reformed. Regulation needed to be streamlined. Trade deals needed to be updated. The tax system needed to be updated. Law enforcement (CIA and FBI) had its biases and flaws. Obamacare had its flaws. The news media has its biases when reporting. China, and its political system, and the risk it presents to Western Democracies, is now understood in the US and globally. Allies were not paying their fair share on defense. i am not saying that Trump dealt with all of these topics perfectly or even well; he caused everyone to debate and think about these topics in unimaginable ways (compared to pre 2016). and he has moved the supreme court hard right with the appointment of two justices.

On all of these issues Trump has changed the dialogue in the US permanently. There is no going back for the Democrats to pre-2016 on these issues. If Trump is not reelected you still get many of the benefits of having Trump for the past 4 years. His reform agenda will continue. But by electing a Democrat you will get your country back and the much needed healing of the tearing can start.

Trump did his job. He changed the narrative (sometimes 180 degrees) on many, many issues. But he is also destroying the US. If you elect a Democrat you get to keep Trump’s work and you do not destroy the country. If you elect Trump your Democracy and society is screwed. And the world will be a much, much worse please (the globe needs a functioning US).

Like I said, perhaps Trump is just worse at hiding it.

So you don't think Biden is creepy?

Meanwhile, in Russia:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8282033/Third-Russian-doctor-plunges-coronavirus-hospital-window.html

A third Russian doctor has plunged from a hospital window after complaining about medics facing intolerable coronavirus pressures.

Alexander Shulepov, 37, is fighting for his life with head injuries after taking part in in a video which claimed he was ordered to work despite testing positive for Covid-19.

He and colleagues also warned about PPE shortages in Voronezh city. Later - lying in a coronavirus hospital bed - Shulepov made a second video to retract the claims amid suspicions he was pressured to do so.

On Saturday, while being treated at Novousmanskaya district hospital, the experienced ambulance doctor plunged from a second floor window sustaining skull fractures. He is now in a grave condition.

Two senior women doctors in Russia have died recently after falling from hospital windows amid reports they had challenged their superiors over a lack of PPE for coronavirus patients.

At least they don't have skyscrapers in Russia.  :-\