Coronavirus

spartansaver

We know the formula:

When you criticize a Republican President's terrible response to a pandemic that he minimized repeatedly, you "root for America to fail".

When you literally hope for failure in a Democratic President, you deserve the Medal of Freedom:

I Hope Obama Fails.

--Rush Limbaugh, January 2009 (when America was in the throes of the GFC).

Its telling that there biggest mess here is the cesspool called NYC where you live. You've got your mayor and your governor, both whom have handled things vastly differently. Both of whom you elected. And you blame Trump....

Here you are "rooting for America". What a patriot.

How am I not? Ive stated plenty off times that now isn't the time to be bitching and moaning and playing politics... I just find it odd how the above works. If you want to assign blame how do you not even mention two guys you elected, responsible for running your city, that have more than their share of "issues"? Its just inconsistent

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know the formula:

When you criticize a Republican President's terrible response to a pandemic that he minimized repeatedly, you "root for America to fail".

When you literally hope for failure in a Democratic President, you deserve the Medal of Freedom:

I Hope Obama Fails.

Its telling that there biggest mess here is the cesspool called NYC where you live. You've got your mayor and your governor, both whom have handled things vastly differently. Both of whom you elected. And you blame Trump....

Hey don't knock it - at least they are politically correct!

We know the formula:

I Hope Obama Fails.

Here you are "rooting for America". What a patriot.

How am I not? Ive stated plenty off times that now isn't the time to be bitching and moaning and playing politics... I just find it odd how the above works. If you want to assign blame how do you not even mention two guys you elected, responsible for running your city, that have more than their share of "issues"? Its just inconsistent

I've already criticized De Blasio and praised Cuomo (who is doing a much better job than terrible NYC mayor or POTUS):

Yeah, De Blasio also managed this terribly.

Nice try bud.

And we know the formula any way:

Covid bad outcome: blame local leaders

Covid good outcome: POTUS gets credit

Asymmetry!

When the news tells us that another perfectly healthy person has died of COVID-19, how can we be comfortable that the reporting is accurate?

One-Third of Adults with Diabetes Still Don’t Know They Have It

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/one-third-adults-diabetes-still-dont-know-they-have-it

About 2.8 percent of U.S. adults — one-third of those with diabetes — still don’t know they have it.

And what percentage of infected US adults are being killed by COVID-19?

A lot of comments here about the virus and the political host but very little about the physiological hosts.

If interested in more recent data:

https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf

See pages 4, 5 and 7.

The percentage of undiagnosed diabetes has trended lower but the trend of the absolute numbers should be absolutely worrisome unless you hold shares of insulin manufacturers.

If a virus thinks, the figure three shows the evolving opportunity map.

-----) back to political bickering

This looks like a bi-partisan effort:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/491119-momentum-grows-to-change-medical-supply-chain-from-china

Calls are growing for the U.S. to reduce its dependence on China for key medicines and supplies as Americans face widespread shortages in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

While the U.S. supply chain's heavy reliance on China for medical manufacturing has been glaringly apparent for roughly two decades, both lawmakers and administration officials say the virus has exposed just how vulnerable the country is as it leans on Beijing and other nations to help provide the tools necessary to combat the pathogen.

In a further sign of how vulnerable the U.S. is, more than 50 countries including the U.K. and India have imposed some sort of export ban on essential medicines amid the pandemic.

The WH briefing are an example on how not to run meetings. Endless blabber, off topic excursions  (often fueled by off topic questions).

How many times did Trump say, “we have got to go back to work”. Whats up with his medical advice telling the doctors  to “try chloroquine! “. Add a in a lot of advertisement for himself. It’s quite something to watch. He really needs to be coached on this, because it is embarrassing (imo). It’s a rating hit for sure, but in a good way?

"Bronx Zoo tiger tests positive for coronavirus "

A 4-year-old Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the COVID-19 bug after developing a dry cough, the Wildlife Conservation Society said in a statement Sunday.

The WH briefing are an example on how not to run meetings. Endless blabber, off topic excursions  (often fueled by off topic questions).

How many times did Trump say, “we have got to go back to work”. Whats up with his medical advice telling the doctors  to “try chloroquine! “. Add a in a lot of advertisement for himself. It’s quite something to watch. He really needs to be coached on this, because it is embarrassing (imo). It’s a rating hit for sure, but in a good way?

It's a big hit for the deplorables and irredeemables that voted Trump in - the lowest common denominator of America that are looking for a little hope

and inspiration when their lives are at stake.

It's a very forgiving crowd the understands someone is making an effort working 24 x 7 to help them. They could care less that he does not

have the eloquence of the empty suit snake oil salesman that the last President was.

Why are you so angry?

Ha - who's angry?!

I LOVE this President. He's a blunt instrument for sure.

The media and the left have no idea how to deal with him. They always "got him", "its' the end", "another bombshell", blah, blah, blah..

Truth is - he represents mainstream America, who detest the media, political correctness, "America is in decline" routine.

I am quite amazed that his poll numbers are at an all time high - but give credit to American's seeing through all your bullshit.

the cesspool called NYC

Cesspool? That's rich, coming from a Jersey-ite! Jersey...person? No, that can't be right...Jersey....swampthing?  ;D ;D

In all seriousness, I can't help but love the irony of the haters of NY and CA - essentially hating on 20-25% of the country's productivity! Imagine that - two states making up a quarter of the nation's usefulness! And if you include Texas (mostly black and hispanic, FYI), now you've got 3 states carrying a third of the entire country! I mean, what are the rest of these bums doing!!???

It's gotta be the unemployed neckbeards who are complaining - living in dying coal towns, busy making america great again (from their parent's basement, no doubt). Who else has the time? The folks in NY, CA, and TX are too busy working!

“ New data from China suggest obesity doubles odds of severe pneumonia from Covid19”

“ Overweight/obesity are serious comorbidities for #covid19 that are going to make this disease much more deadly outside cities, in the south and among poorer people. Consider your metabolic health in your risk assessment for you and the people you know.”

And then there is this...

Newsweek 3/24/20 :

Cuba Uses 'Wonder Drug' to Fight Coronavirus Around World Despite U.S. Sanctions

Cuba has mobilized its medical corps around the world to distribute a new "wonder drug" that officials there say is capable of treating the new coronavirus despite the United States' strict sanctions that continue to pressure the communist-run island.

The drug, called Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant (IFNrec), is jointly developed by scientists from Cuba and China, where the coronavirus COVID-19 disease outbreak first emerged late last year. Already active in China since January, the Cuban Medical Brigades began deploying to dozens of nations, providing personnel and products such as its new anti-viral drug to battle the disease that has exceeded 400,000 confirmed cases across the globe. As of Tuesday, over 100,000 people have recovered from the infection and more than 18,000 have died.

“ New data from China suggest obesity doubles odds of severe pneumonia from Covid19”

“ Overweight/obesity are serious comorbidities for #covid19 that are going to make this disease much more deadly outside cities, in the south and among poorer people. Consider your metabolic health in your risk assessment for you and the people you know.”

Risk factors are  any chronic cardio issues, any lung impairment (Asthma etc.), smoking, vaping, obesity , age >60, being male, any immune system issues and probably a few others.

It almost seems to  perfectly target republicans voters, especially if they try to get ahead themselves with the herd immunity and don’t take any precautions whatsoever.

In any case, it’s not just “older people”. Of course older people tend to compound risk factors which also compounds the risk getting serious complications.

My wife treated what seemed a perfect fly health patient in his thirties for CV-19 who most likely got it from vaping (with friends?). Purely anecdotal, I know.

Ha - who's angry?!

wait for it...

but give credit to American's seeing through all your bullshit.

Is this another one of your lame attempts at psychoanalysis ?

You, the guy that declared the President with a mental disorder - it's so obvious to you...narcissist personality disorder?

The President that doesn't care if hundreds of thousands die, so long as he gets re-elected ?

He doesn't give a shit about the country - you figured it out...

More of your bullshit once again.

Cubs if you read a little about abnormal psychology you would understand what we are talking about. Or are you like your hero who says he doesn't read.

I even tried to explain a few basic facts about Cuba and rather than learn something it just went over your head because it didn't jive with what you thought you knew.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prime-minister-admitted-to-hospital-for-coronavirus-tests-11969053

Boris Johnson has been admitted to an NHS hospital in central London for tests 10 days after confirming he had contracted coronavirus.

The prime minister, 55, still has persistent symptoms and went on the advice of his doctor, Downing Street said.

Sky News understands that Mr Johnson will remain in hospital overnight. His persistent symptoms are understood to include a high temperature.

Cubs if you read a little about abnormal psychology you would understand what we are talking about. Or are you like your hero who says he doesn't read.

I even tried to explain a few basic facts about Cuba and rather than learn something it just went over your head because it didn't jive with what you thought you knew.

Listen bold faced liar, I'm still waiting for you to show me how I hate those poor people in Cuba that live under a regime that has failed them....don't forget...

I can see debate is not your strong suit