If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for?

LongHaul
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it weird that Hillary has been very quiet on the media front? Trump has interviews, active on social media, etc. I haven't heard much out of Hillary's camp. Is this normal or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Well, I think that Eric just had enough of arguing with people who don't want to hear a thing or use logic for a second. And then he used the same words that leftists are using so commonly here.

I had a girlfriend like that too with whom you could argue for an hour to explain a very simple point and after an hour you realized that you had gone nowhere.

Those types of girlfriends aren't arguing to win a point.  They are just emotionally abusing you.  They are constantly rephrasing your words with negative insinuation.  Then you feel ashamed because your rephrased words are not things you'd want to be caught dead saying, so you try to clarify what you really meant to get them to see that they merely misunderstood you.  Then they deliberately misquote you again (in an unflattering way).

And again...

And again...

They are just controlling you.  They are preying upon your desire for acceptance.  Finally you realize that it is just an abusive personality that you are dealing with.

A "bitch" is not a woman. A "bitch" is a term for somebody that utilizes your weaknesses for approval to control you.  For example, a guy like RB and the other tool.  They are people who are just manipulating you.  They are sick... hence the term "sick bitches".

A sick person doesn't understand they are sick, which is why they can't behave in a grown-up manner and have a conversation that is debated on it's merits.  Their hallmark is to take what you say and throw it back to you in a modified manner that has different meaning. 

They'll paraphrase your words into an unintended meaning and then harshly criticize that meaning.  You correct them so that they have the opportunity to apologize for the misunderstanding, and then they attack you for "shifting your position".  All they want to do is engage in sick relationships.  I mean, they are really just SICK. 

They'll paraphrase your words into an unintended meaning and then harshly criticize that meaning.  You correct them so that they have the opportunity to apologize for the misunderstanding, and then they attack you for "shifting your position".  All they want to do is engage in sick relationships.  I mean, they are really just SICK.

Not bad eh?  I finally reduced it all into a concise post.

1- One basically told Ericopoly to shut up yesterday while posting about property taxes or any tax for that matter. Should I remind people that he is one of the most intelligent and successful investor ever on this site? There is even a post in the Strategy section called: "Ask Eric!"

Let me put it so you and Ericopoly will understand what I said better.

I really don't care how successful he is and whether people want to ask him questions in "Ask Eric". Stay on topic of the thread that you are posting in. Stop posting irrelevant crap about you pet tax whines. You have polluted multiple threads with it. Start a tax related thread and we can discuss taxes all you want. I basically said the same thing a few months earlier to the other guy (cant remember name)  who used to fill other topics with libertarian crap. The other thread is finally back on topic.

1- One basically told Ericopoly to shut up yesterday while posting about property taxes or any tax for that matter. Should I remind people that he is one of the most intelligent and successful investor ever on this site? There is even a post in the Strategy section called: "Ask Eric!"

Let me put it so you and Ericopoly will understand what I said better.

I really don't care how successful he is and whether people want to ask him questions in "Ask Eric". Stay on topic of the thread that you are posting in. Stop posting irrelevant crap about you pet tax whines. You have polluted multiple threads with it. Start a tax related thread and we can discuss taxes all you want. I basically said the same thing a few months earlier to the other guy (cant remember name)  who used to fill other topics with libertarian crap. The other thread is finally back on topic.

You simply have the wrong guy. 

The topic of taxes was already introduced on the thread.  It was stated by someone else that we were in a period of low taxes. I merely pointed out that it depends.  Why don't you go after the first guy who posted on taxes if you don't want taxes ever mentioned?

Then the guys who polluted the thread by continually misrepresenting my viewpoint turned it into a real shit-show that reminds me of my old emotionally abusive girlfriend.

July last year... probably the last time there was a big annoying tax discussion where I was involved... that was RB that time too that dragged it out with me.  Look it up.  The guy just cannot stand it if somebody with money thinks the inheritance tax is unfair -- and he used the same kind of abusive tactics in that argument. 

This time I was talking about a different tax issue, and the EXACT SAME GUY POPS UP AGAIN!!  I'm not even arguing about the same tax, but like clockwork he shows up to play his games.

Like I said, I have a weakness for getting pulled in by the abusers.  I just can't stop engaging them soon enough, and that's what causes the thread to get jammed.

That's normally the problem with these threads no matter what the topic. Other people have the same problem (not just me).

Even if it stays on topic as you wish, these abuser types will show up and still manage to ruin it.

So instead of trying to tell people what topic they can post on, why don't you instead take the people to task who are acting like my old girlfriend.  That approach would fix it for me, and for everyone else who suffers from the same kind of crap.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

http://buzzfeedusa.com/news/california-signs-law-allowing-illegals-to-vote/?from=timeline&isappinstalled=0

As an immigrant I have been a long time Democrat supporter. However I am feeling increasingly concerned that they are crossing the line and they are willing to do whatever to get more votes. If this continues the country will soon become Mexico or China.

http://buzzfeedusa.com/news/california-signs-law-allowing-illegals-to-vote/?from=timeline&isappinstalled=0

As an immigrant I have been a long time Democrat supporter. However I am feeling increasingly concerned that they are crossing the line and they are willing to do whatever to get more votes. If this continues the country will soon become Mexico or China.

I hope you're not basing your opinion on one sensationalist article from a very dubious website. Do some basic research on the Motor Voter Act and you'll see that the original version came into effect over 20 years ago.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

If these 50 were so good at seeing into the future, why did they invade Iraq?

I hope you're not basing your opinion on one sensationalist article from a very dubious website. Do some basic research on the Motor Voter Act and you'll see that the original version came into effect over 20 years ago.

I don't care when it came into effect. I just care if it is true that illegal immigrants can vote in the election? I googled a bit about this act but not totally sure.

"A California state bill was just signed in to law by Gov. Jerry Brown, that will register and allow illegal aliens to vote in US Elections.  The New Motor Voter Act (A.B.1461) that is now law in California, automatically registers residents of California to vote at the DMV.  According to the law and a report by the Washington Times, “The New Motor Voter Act automatically registers to vote all eligible voters when they obtain or renew their drivers licenses at the Department of Motor Vehicles instead of requiring them to fill out a form.”

Eligible is the operative word. This makes it easy to register to vote for people who are eligible. Illegal or legal immigrants are not eligible to vote. That is the fundamental difference between citizens and non citizens. You should know better as a immigrant.

Guest MarkS

I see that now, indirect.  I misread you post originally.  Sorry.  It appears that the argument  turns on how easily an illegal can claim eligibility falsely.  Just focusing on the word "eligible" doesn't really address the issue. IMHO.

If these 50 were so good at seeing into the future, why did they invade Iraq?

So is everything they've done historically and every piece of advice they give about the future wrong because they had various levels of support for the Iraq War? I'd love to know what experienced advisor supports Trump that has had 100% prescience on all foreign policy decisions.

I just read the linked article by muscleman. I agree that buzzfeed is not a reliable site, but fundamentally immigrants, legal or otherwise do not have the right to vote until you become citizens of the country.

Definitely, only citizens can vote. But does that law in California allows anyone holding a drivers license to by-pass this restriction and cast the vote?

Definitely, only citizens can vote. But does that law in California allows anyone holding a drivers license to by-pass this restriction and cast the vote?

no, it doesn't.  california is a real state with real laws much like other states in the united states.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-me-pol-ca-motor-voter-law-20151016-html-htmlstory.html

When people go to the DMV to obtain or renew a driver's license, or to get a state identification card, they’ll be asked for the usual information in such transactions, such as their name, date of birth and address. They’ll also be asked to affirm their eligibility to vote and will be given the choice of opting out of registering at that time. Information about anyone who does not decline registration will be electronically transmitted from the DMV to the secretary of state’s office, where citizenship will be verified and names will be added to the voter rolls.

It seems the only difference is that for citizens the default is registration while in other states the default is non-registration. The whole eligibility check is likely the same (how do all other states check eligibility of someone who wants to register to vote? isn't it the same as above?)

It's not even clear whether this will be set up before 2016 election.

Right now, I did not find any official documents confirming when it will be up.