WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

giofranchi

Gio, some words of advice:

1.  Unbutton 3-4 buttons on your shirt and wear lots of gold chains. 

2.  If you have various tattoos, make sure to show them off.

3.  Order for her and if she says she doesn't like what you ordered shush her and tell her you know what you're doing.

4.  Flex your muscles as often as possible.  For example, if asked where the ladies room is make sure that when you point you show off the guns a little bit.

5. Talk about various "fantasies" you have and ask her to describe hers.  Women enjoy talking about possible escapades on the first date.

6.  Get very, very drunk to demonstrate that you are able to hold your liquor.

7.  Start a fight with a guy sitting at a table near you.  Women love to feel protected.

8.  Swear a lot.  Women like a man who talks like a man.

9.  Talk only about sports and money.  Like #8, women like this.

And finally, 10.  At the end of the date, tell her you had a great time and that she is exactly like your mother and that that is a very good thing (and wink).

Wonderful Kraven! I knew you would never let me down!

Unfortunately, n.4 won’t work … She runs 10 km in 49 min. … I guess my physical prowess cannot impress her very much… But all other points I am going to learn by heart before evening comes!! ;D ;D

Gio

You're very welcome. Sorry about #4. Not every item will apply of course. Since you're a good guy I thought of a few other things which might help the evening go smoothly.

11.  Tell her you are very interested in getting married because you're running out of clean socks and underwear and that fridges don't stock themselves.

12.  Tell her you can't wait to have kids because your company owns an interest in some coal mines and some of those tunnels are too small for grown men.

13.  Ask her what the most fun time she ever had is. Say yours is when you went to a "Mary Kate and Ashley are 18!" Party.

14.  In the context of 1-13 (excluding 4 apparently) be yourself, but not too much. Better to be someone you aren't and let her discover the real you sometime after the 1st anniversary.

Hope this helps.

13b. And then their more attractive older sister showed up and things got really interesting.  Then ask if she's seen the video of your "party" on the web.

Don't forget to ask your server to take a picture of you 2 for the wedding invitations.

And to post to Twitter/Facebook and Instagram of course.  ;D

Be yourself Gio.  ;)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gio,

Dating advice from nerds....  What were you thinking.  ;)

Al,

I know I am desperate and don’t have a chance… but it has been really a lot of fun!! I have rarely enjoyed you guys so much! You have made my day… no matter what happens this evening!

Thank you very much! :)

Gio

Be sure to tell her that you are taking the pictures so that an online forum of value investors can give you opinions about her.

Joel, is it an idea of yours, or is it Kraven's?! ;D

Gio

I thought I'd cram as many bad things into one sentence as I could.  Call it a concise Kraven attempt.

Gio- Thank you!

Hopefully your important topic will sway away our community from FFH/BBRY conversation.

So, I would suggest that you tell  her  about  your contribution/writing  on our message board of BRK/FFH community.

I think she might be interested to read about .

She even may ask our family/community opinion about you...

And, I m sure we will  not let you down , specially our heavyweights members as Kraven , Norm and others who has a poetic gift that even the best Italian poets would not stay close.

Good luck! and please keep us inform , we will be thinking about you

Maybe you have already answered this question but, where are you planning on taking her for your date?

We both live downtown Milan, therefore I am taking her to a restaurant not far from home… No need of a car, the weather is still wonderful, the moon will be shining too! (what a peot, I know! ;D ;D), so after dinner I hope we will have a pleasant walk back together…

Cheers,

Gio

She even may ask our family/community opinion about you...

And, I m sure we will  not let you down , specially our heavyweights members as Kraven , Norm and others who has a poetic gift that even the best Italian poets would not stay close.

That would be awesome!!

Time to leave the office… I was really nervous this morning, while now I am amused and much more confident. I owe it to all of you! :)

Gio

Hi guys! This has nothing to do with investments… But in time I have come to reckon all of you on the board truly as “second family”… and now I need some words of wisdom from you!

Tonight I am dating a woman for the first time in… years!! And right now I am simply… terrified!! ;D ;D ;D

I guess I need a little help from my friends! :)

Cheers,

giofranchi

I heard Italians are the most romantic in the world and typically date a few women at the same time. So why are you different? ;D