WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

giofranchi

Avoid any talk of deflation.

That's great advice Gio. Always inflate. Good luck!!

:o ;D ;D ;D

Good luck, Gio. Honestly, have confidence. Women love it. My first dates are usually okay...only after they get to know me does it usually fall apart  :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, between the TWTR IPO and now an Italian asking a group of value investors for advice on women, this must be some sort of market topping indicator.  I'll be in my bomb shelter memorizing the private keys to my bitcoins if anyone needs me.

-T-Bone1

She even may ask our family/community opinion about you...

And, I m sure we will  not let you down , specially our heavyweights members as Kraven , Norm and others who has a poetic gift that even the best Italian poets would not stay close.

That would be awesome!!

Time to leave the office… I was really nervous this morning, while now I am amused and much more confident. I owe it to all of you! :)

Gio

bit early isn't it. Aren't you just finishing lunch?

More advice. Don't take her to the football.....

Does this mean there is no woman/girl on this forum at least active one? I would be surprised if it was otherwise. That is kind of sad. Do you guys think women can be better at value investing than men due to less volatile temperament and risk averse behavior in general?

Maybe they're better investors because they aren't hanging out in the digital equivalent of the gym locker room..

Maybe they're better investors because they aren't hanging out in the digital equivalent of the gym locker room..

Between this comment and the go-live of CompleteBankData.com, OddballStocks is really hitting it out of the park today... :)

Does this mean there is no woman/girl on this forum at least active one? I would be surprised if it was otherwise. That is kind of sad. Do you guys think women can be better at value investing than men due to less volatile temperament and risk averse behavior in general?

Well, I'm here. Doing a lot of reading. Can't contribute anything meaningful, not even sure ever will be able to. But thank you all very much!

I was wondering should single value investors try to pick women the way they do stocks?  Low cost, good cash flow, good capital allocation ... How many dates before you can ask to take a peak at the books?

What about turnarounds and distressed opportunities? Lot of upside there.

I was wondering should single value investors try to pick women the way they do stocks?  Low cost, good cash flow, good capital allocation ... How many dates before you can ask to take a peak at the books?

Turnarounds rarely turn.

I dont like turnaround and distressed opportunities, much prefer a stock with a high ROE increasing dividend every year.

Gio, send us more détails and pictures of that opportunitie, it will be easier for us to help you evaluate this stock.  ;)

New public offerings are sexy, but beware when they split -- that really keeps you up at all hours of the night/morning.

You get a better night's sleep going with a mature stock, but not as sexy.

Hi guys! It has been a wonderful evening and I have enjoyed every moment! I have followed each single advice Kraven so thoughtfully and wisely shared with us yesterday, and you know what? … They have worked! ;D ;D ;D We will see each other again tomorrow! 

Of course, cannot say what might follow… yet, paraphrasing Mr. Buffett (yes, once again!), it pays to be active, interested, and open-minded, but it doesn’t pay to be in a hurry… right? And I am already grateful for the experience and curious to see how this will play itself out!

Thank you again to all of you for your deep kindness and for the great fun!! :)

Cheers,

Gio