What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

stuff in HK

Would you care to elaborate? I've been looking at Dickson Concepts as a possible net/net but I'm not fully convinced yet.

You know my blog :)

New Century Group HK (234)  <---- this stock is absurd!

Soundwill Group HK (878)  <----- new investment

BEP.un (Brookfield Renewable Power).  Not sure why it has dropped >10% off its recent high -- perhaps forex, brazil drought, low oil prices, etc?  Anyways, company with good capital allocation, long-term track record, and a 6% current yield.  Management promises 5-9% annual distribution increases.

BEP.un (Brookfield Renewable Power).  Not sure why it has dropped >10% off its recent high -- perhaps forex, brazil drought, low oil prices, etc?  Anyways, company with good capital allocation, long-term track record, and a 6% current yield.  Management promises 5-9% annual distribution increases.

bonds are selling off, most interest rate sensitive stocks sold off

Bought GOOG,PCLN,CMPR,BRK.B,LUK,BAC,CHEF,HEI.A,LBRDA,VRX,CSU.TO,PDER,DNOW,LKQ ....

Sold puts and covered shorts. I really have to think about this summer hedging stuff very hard going forward, perhaps i should just stay invested during downturns.

may i ask why you prefer bep over bam?

may i ask why you prefer bep over bam?

In the back of my mind, I do think BAM would have higher total return over the long term, but BEP's higher and growing dividend stream give me a peace of mind.  Note though on both BAM and BEP (in fact, BIP and BPY as well) presentations, management guides 12-15% annual total returns over the long-term.

Agreed with an earlier poster that recent weakness is attributed to interest rates.  Btw, lower water level is confirmed yesterday by this BEP PR:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/brookfield-renewable-provides-q2-preliminary-212714394.html

In the back of my mind, I do think BAM would have higher total return over the long term, but BEP's higher and growing dividend stream give me a peace of mind.  Note though on both BAM and BEP (in fact, BIP and BPY as well) presentations, management guides 12-15% annual total returns over the long-term.

Agreed with an earlier poster that recent weakness is attributed to interest rates.  Btw, lower water level is confirmed yesterday by this BEP PR:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/brookfield-renewable-provides-q2-preliminary-212714394.html

thanks for sharing your thoughts re. vs. bam.

i'm not sure if interest rates are the most complete explanation.  bep declined substantially more than the other brookfield family income vehicles.  i'd guess that the difference is likely due to fear of cheap hydrocarbons.

Just picked up more Altius at $10.00

Is that a typo? I'm not seeing it at 10 recently...

I assume that's 10 USD for the shares listed OTC in the US.  Quite a large drop today....no news that I can see.

Ah, right, that must be it. I never looked at the USD version, and back when I owned ALS the CAD was on par with USD anyway..