What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Quote from: Lance on December 19, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

PM

Thanks

Lance

Lance, seeing as you've been opportunistically adding to both, what are you views on PM vs. MO?

Hi HalfMeasure - I like them both.  Re MO - its more diversified than PM - e.g. Anheuser holdings, wine, etc. - and its cannabis moves are interesting.  RE PM - the currency impact is something I think about quite a bit and I like their reduced-risk products.

Thanks

Lance 

Added a bit to BRK.B today.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Not exactly a day here on CoBF like August 24th 2015, huh? [; - D]

Aug 24, 2015 was a glorious day. I remember being in line at the Ministry of Transportation to renew my license plates and trading on my phone.

But I was thinking the same. That it feels different this time around. Two reasons for that in my view. 1. Stocks were already very expensive. The recent drops haven't made them very cheap overall. 2. This feels like the "real one". I don't think this is just a dip. This is merciless selling and could go on for a while. It may be the time that the young 'uns learn what the stock market is all about.

... Aug 24, 2015 was a glorious day. I remember being in line at the Ministry of Transportation to renew my license plates and trading on my phone.

But I was thinking the same. That it feels different this time around. Two reasons for that in my view. 1. Stocks were already very expensive. The recent drops haven't made them very cheap overall. 2. This feels like the "real one". I don't think this is just a dip. This is merciless selling and could go on for a while. It may be the time that the young 'uns learn what the stock market is all about.

Crazy stuff to read, rb,

It reminds a bit about when I was buying SAN at the day of the Brexit vote disclosure. With regard to this sell-off, - as always - time will tell. Personally, I think I've lost my reptile brain. I don't know where I've dropped it. No real mental reaction going on. Also for that, time will tell, if it's a bug or feature. If it's a bug, I'll start to search for that lost thingy. As investors, we have several not so pleasant things in front of us right now.