What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

T.CONA, T.BRY, T.PPR

Some of the most undervalued stocks on the Planet.

Cardboard

I bought some T.PPR as well. But also T.IPO and V.ATU.

What are the most important metrics you guys use to value these? (both on a relative and absolute basis)

I mostly look at EV/DACF, P/reserves, make sure the debt isn’t too high and that they can grow within cash flow. Feel like there is high margin of safety in those names but they aren’t participating as much in rally because of liquidity and tax loss selling (especially PPR).

Small stake in BRCD. Down significantly over the past few days as the market seems to be worried about Trump / CFIUS blocking the LSCC deal. However, in this case the buyer is a US / Singapore company. All other regulators have vetted the deal. I see no problems but what do I know. FIG also down quite a bit, might be interesting.

Sold again.

Nice call!

FIG is down after lunch. I didn't see anything except the law suit with BNP, which is linked to arrested Saudi prince. The law suit has been going on for a while and due for the judgment. So I guess that won't have affect on the deal closing (scheduled for first week of December). Do I miss anything? Market offering more than 3% for a month.

FWIW I think Masayoshi Son is like a Japanese Donald Trump and I haven't followed this name at all so I'm not buying but spread seems relatively wide, yeah.

Curious what gave you that impression? Son is a self made billionaire. From what I read, he seems to be a great entrepreneur/businessman, very well respected in east Asia. Can't be more different from DT (but who am I to judge).

Ok maybe Trump isn't the right comparison. Let's just say the guy is high-risk, high-reward. He almost blew up in the dot-com crisis and it wouldn't surprise me if he does it again. The Softbank balance sheet isn't exactly my cup of tea. But this is getting off-topic. I've been buying OCRX and a tiny bit of RCII. Lots of cash incoming next few weeks, no great ideas.

FWIW I think Masayoshi Son is like a Japanese Donald Trump and I haven't followed this name at all so I'm not buying but spread seems relatively wide, yeah.

Curious what gave you that impression? Son is a self made billionaire. From what I read, he seems to be a great entrepreneur/businessman, very well respected in east Asia. Can't be more different from DT (but who am I to judge).

Also, he is a korean. His family was forced to change to a japanese name when he was young. He grew up being discriminated by japanese

T.CONA, T.BRY, T.PPR

Some of the most undervalued stocks on the Planet.

Cardboard

I bought some T.PPR as well. But also T.IPO and V.ATU.

What’s equities these symbols?  Can‘t  for the life of me find what kind of security these are.

They are all listed on Toronto or Vancouver.

Don't need a prefix or extension on this site: https://www.tmxmoney.com/en/index.html

Yup, CONA is a largely undervalued, well managed Canadian oil & gas company. It is one of the very few smaller firms generating substantially more cash flow than they need to maintain production.

The numbers yesterday were pretty good in my view. Impressive netbacks actually for heavy oil. However, it seems that someone was betting the day before of a take-out or something like that and it did not happen.

Cardboard